SUNDAYS

Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
I don't go to church, so this how I waste my day... What are you doing???

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey M--e,

I've been passing the time by catching up on my (research) journal reading, Journal of Applied Psychology, in particular. I got behind on my readings because of working on a number of paper revisions (one will be officially accepted after changes, another likely to be accepted), new submissions, and article reviews for particular journals. I figured I'd do something constructive before wasting away the rest of the day.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I am testing out the turntable I found in the trash this morning

Right now I am playing The Loving Sisters "Sounds Of A New Era". It is a gospel record I just bought, and has a couple of killer deep tunes. I am taking occasional pulls from the water pipe, and drinking a lot of water. I think I want a beer.

I am gonna play some jazz next.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    im working on a rap mix

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Hey M--e,

I've been passing the time by catching on my (research) journal reading, Journal of Applied Psychology, in particular. I got behind on my readings because of working on a number of paper revisions (one will be officially accepted after changes, another likely to be accepted), new submissions, and article reviews for particular journals. I figured I'd do something constructive before wasting away the rest of the day.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak
    Seems like you're making way better use of your time!

I should fbe inishing up some courses, which will help me get promote, but I'm all up on the internets.

Oh well...

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey M--e,

I've been passing the time by catching on my (research) journal reading, Journal of Applied Psychology, in particular. I got behind on my readings because of working on a number of paper revisions (one will be officially accepted after changes, another likely to be accepted), new submissions, and article reviews for particular journals. I figured I'd do something constructive before wasting away the rest of the day.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak
    Seems like you're making way better use of your time!

I should fbe inishing up some courses, which will help me get promote, but I'm all up on the internets.

Oh well...

I go up for tenure and promotion to Associate Professor (from Assistant) this Fall, so I'm on the grind. I've been told by my senior colleagues that I have a "slam dunk" tenure case, so I'm not that concerned. Plus, I have a good publication record (won a research award this past Spring), teaching ratings (won a teaching award by in 2004), and loads of professional service (reviewing articles for top journals, sitting on school and university committees and task forces, participation in school "Open House" programs, student development, membership on professional organization committees, etc). These accomplishments will allow me to find another good position if the tenure vote goes poorly. I'm just a diligent type mofo!!! That's how we've got to be to advance.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I laid around all morning/early afternoon like dead weight after back to back late nights. Finally got myself up for a slice of pizza and have since begun my regular Sunday "gettin' ready for the week" routine, which includes cleaning the apartment, laundry, and groceries. I think I'll only get thru the first one today, though. Then it's to the couch for a peep of the Sunday paper and slide on into the evening...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Shutting down @ work, then off on a "hot date".

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Spent the morning in Annapolis (the wife's doctor is up there and he sees patients on Sunday, that's bonus points for him), had a follow up to her surgery last week...pleased to announce that she is doing well and her doctor said he didn't find any sign of what another doc thought she might have, so I gotta say it was a good day. Now to stay away from doctors for awhile.

Hit some thrifts, did some grocery shopping, and looked for furniture for the new house. 5 days til the settlement date, cannot wait. We stopped by the place to just take it all in on our way back home. It's gonna be great!

Now I am at my part time gig at Children's Hospital ER. It is thankfully slow so I have time to yak with you clownz today.

Oh, and if Schnipper and Cannonical are reading this, your packages went out Thursday.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Ts3ga and his wife just left back to their hotel. Now I'm watching the kids and listening to Metallica (???) while my wife is at the movies with our daughter. And, as usual, talking to Aser. I'm about to get my Mr. MIXXX on when they get back.

SAY

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Bought some more esnipe points, making a cd right now:

Luiz Eca- Quadros
    Dick Hyman- Memphis Two Step
    Geoff Tyus- Mt. Vernon ave.
    Arnie Lawrence- Ricky I Wanna Talk to you
    Manfred Mann- Tribute
    Blackbyrds- Wilford's Gone
    Roger Simard- Jolie
    Mad-Hatters- Soul Samba
    Moravagine- Funky Seven
    Flying Island- Priestess of Fantasy
    Galt Macdermot- Love Has Driven Me Sane
    Wild Tchoupitoulas- Hey Pocky A-Way
    Soul of Jesus Christ Superstar- Heaven On Their Minds
    Sylvers- Fools Paradise
    Willie Bobo- Broasted or Fried
    Archie Bell- Tighten Up pts. 1 & 2
    Abel- Music Maker
    Exit 9- Straight Up
    Exit 9- Fly
    Sound Experience- Boogie Woogie
    Isis- Lost Romeo

then haystacks balboa, brahman, jade warrior and van dyke parks

• andyhoopsandyhoops 154 Posts
    i woke up late. checked out the happenings at the record store i wokr at before i went to see a leonard cohen documentary but felt totally out of place waiting in a huge line with people 40+ so i bailed. spent the rest of the sunny day walking around the city and doing some groceries. raer fruit digger.

lazin' on a sunny afternoon.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I just got back from having a big ol' bowl of menudo and being serenaded by a very beautiful (but VERY young - Im thinking 17, MAYBE 18) Mariachi singer who walked right up to my table, stared me straight in the eyes, cracked a little smile and belted out a lovely song. It amazes me how such a strong, powerful voice can come out of such a tiny woman. Girl had me shook. For real, for real. I was all embarrassed and shit. Took me a full minute to accept the fact that she was singing FOR me and not AT me.

Now I think I'll chill for a minute, maybe watch Three Amigos then head to Mom's for some tacos later.

Theme for the day:

[color:brown]BROWN AND PROUD.[/b][/color]

Soy ching??n, es??, like Al Capone, es??...

Herm

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Slept late, then rode my bike over to
    the park to kick a soccer ball around with
    my girl Sta*y, who is an ex-touring-soccer-player
    and is getting the bug again, and drawing me in with
    her. We plan on joining a co-ed league once we're in-shape.

After working up a good sweat playing 2 on 2 with
    this other guy and his girlfriend that were doing the
    same thing I rode over to In Your Ear, shot the shit
    with Re*d, and went through a box of 60's 45's, playing the
    interesting looking ones. Bought around 10 of them, mostly pop-psych
    stuff but a couple fuzz rockers.

On my bike ride home, stopped at Brookline Booksmith
    and bought a used copy of this book:

and walked over to Boca Grande to start reading it
    while I had burritto grande al pastor, washed down with:

Rode home, watched some Dateline shit with my roomie,
    now I'm listening to David Porter MP3's, smoking the 1st
    session of the day, and checking out the mail/strut/waxi-D.

Mellow. That's my style.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i'm mourning for my dear ol grampa.
    love you, papa!!!

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

On my bike ride home, stopped at Brookline Booksmith
    and bought a used copy of this book:

Let me know what you think of it. I started that one twice and both times gave up out of disgust. The writing was ridiculously wordy and pretentious, which is too bad, as it looked like the author did a ton of research.

I spent my day reading:

and

Uh hyuk! I is gonna be a web dee-signer!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    love you, papa!!!

Very sorry to hear of this.

My best wishes to you and your family.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    love you, papa!!!

hang in there my man, I know the feeling and its tough.

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts
    Went to the 29th Rocksteady Crew Anniversary which was

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I worked....It was pretty hot...war of the worlds was on when I got home...day off coming tuesday ! Looking forward to some air conditioning!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    thanks guys. it is very tough. good thing we have a big family.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    My record hunting comes to a halt in the summer. Digging in the summer when it's nice outside FOR ME is

Much rather get outside, garden in the backyard, Mountain Bike, BBQ, hike etc.....

or

Wake Surf on the Moomba

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Me comes to a halt in the summer.

It's ridiculously overthetop HOT and therefore unbearable to go outside during daylight right now. We had a mild early summer, but are really getting some payback.

It's ridiculously overthetop HOT and therefore unbearable to go outside during daylight right now. We had a mild early summer, but are really getting some payback.

Maybe you just need to wipe the sand out of your vagina?

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

that beer isn't even open = pussy

Totally open! Just didn't take off the foil.

Next step is to funnel a 40oz. while surfing.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Seriously, the fucking heat is killing me right now. I had to mow the lawn the other day and I was ready to puke by the time I was finished.

I went to a few spots on Sunday didn't find much. Ended up reading, watching movies, and drinking beer at home most of the day.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

I just broke my wakeboarding cherry last weekend. shit is harder than it looks. took me about 8 or 9 tries to even get up. But once up, it's smooth sailin. Not sure I'm skilled enough to try the beer trick yet.

I just broke my wakeboarding cherry last weekend. shit is harder than it looks. took me about 8 or 9 tries to even get up. But once up, it's smooth sailin. Not sure I'm skilled enough to try the beer trick yet.

Big difference between wakeboarding / wakeskating / wakesufing

I quit wakeboarding, way to harsh on your knees / joints / back.

I prefer the non-strapped in behind the boat activities (no homo)

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

I went to a few spots on Sunday didn't find much.
    There's 'dig spots' open on Sunday in your area???
    Around here, Sunday=

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

I went to a few spots on Sunday didn't find much.
    There's 'dig spots' open on Sunday in your area???

Around here, Sunday=

Yes, many good sunday spots. I had plans to hit a bunch of them, but after two spots I was too fucking hot to get in and out of the car anymore. I did go to a brand new good will. They had a bunch of neo soul 12in I guess they got the back stock from some store that went out of biz in 2000. Needless to say I didn't buy much