Bapes

TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
anyone know how to tell real bapes from fake ones?

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    the real ones are the ugly ones. Or are those the fake ones?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    both?

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    If you can say to quote a favorite rap group on here "we got it 4 cheap" then it isnt the real deal.

both?

Bapestas are just ugly post 2004, fake or not.

just my opinion.

FYI The _Mack, Bape makes a gang of different styles of shoes, from sneakers to work boots. The ones you are prolly thinking of are called Bapestas.

Signed,

the biggest sneaker nerd on this site.

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    both?

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    It's all about the new la coste, I can't get over how fresh they are. I just saw these like cream lo top ones with purple lining and nearly creamed my pants.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    bright bapestas are played. bape is cool if it's on some more discreet shit. unfortunatley they have very few sneakers like that.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Yeah basically if its under 250USD then it's fake!
    Watch out all the Hong Kong kids are bootlegging this shit like it's going out of fashion. There's so much fake bape stuff walking around in sydney its off the hook.

• andyhoopsandyhoops 154 Posts
    It's all about the new la coste, I can't get over how fresh they are. I just saw these like cream lo top ones with purple lining and nearly creamed my pants.

lacoste is coming out with some pretty wicked (overpriced) shit. im feeling it.

bapesta's, they're not as comfy as an air force one, your feet will get stinky.

Yo, they're cheaper than your usual pair of nikes from what i've seen, I bought a pair of these turbo hi's black. Amazingly comfortable and I gotta get a pair of these cream / white lo's now.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Those sneakers look real tacky.
    I hope you're not seriously considering buying that shit.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Those sneakers look real tacky.
    I hope you're not seriously considering buying that shit.

Bape's are fucking corny and they always have been.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

Yo, they're cheaper than your usual pair of nikes from what i've seen, I bought a pair of these turbo hi's black. Amazingly comfortable and I gotta get a pair of these cream / white lo's now.

post some pics

post some pics

That's the thing - I can't find any pics online, All the shoes on the la coste website are butt ugly. I'll borrow my girlfriends digital camera or something.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

post some pics

That's the thing - I can't find any pics online, All the shoes on the la coste website are butt ugly. I'll borrow my girlfriends digital camera or something.

These are dope:

Too bad, though:

July 26, 2006: I realize that this post has hit the hype stream. I just got back from work and found real comments on my blog rather than spam comments, so here???s the deal. Don???t bother trying to find out how to get these. They are impossible to find. If you happen to get the special third edition Sneaker Freaker vol. 8 cover of the lacoste shoe, you???ll find that instead of a price tag on the logo, it says ???Impossible to find???.

These are prototypes. Only 12 exist, period. This colorway and the SNKR FRKR text is completely exclusive and a limited release will be given later this year for select accounts. They have not even been produced yet. So the colorway and style will not be exact, but you???ll know what to look forward to later.

Source

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    meh i like the lacostes okay. mac, you should fuck with some of those jordans that just dropped instead of some bapes. Prolly cheaper too. The military's are piff.

Or some marc jacobs vans are also the move.

Or some marc jacobs vans are also the move.

agreed... too bad you can't find them in the "crossword" style anymore.

I am also all about some Barney's NY exclusive Creative Recreation Cesario Lo's.

• francislaifrancislai 371 Posts
    my girl just finished working on a store on fairfax (LA), part II of a famous shoe store called "flight club" sounds like the TSL of kicks.

....not that i condone the sale of expensive nikes.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    my girl just finished working on a store on fairfax (LA), part II of a famous shoe store called "flight club" sounds like the TSL of kicks.

....not that i condone the sale of expensive nikes.

Your girl? FLight club is the takeover! Very happy to see it coming to l.a.? Does she have any hookups there? or do you know when its going to open exactly?

These are dope:

You cant be serious?

• These are dope:

You cant be serious?

Thank you.

I am also all about some Barney's NY exclusive Creative Recreation Cesario Lo's.

I gotta run up in Barney's to see which ones they have.
    Im feelin the Black Gingham Hi & the Mint/Chesnut Lo.
    Barney's also have Seersucker Chuck Taylor Lo.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    These are dope:

You cant be serious?

Not to mention that they also look dangerously close to a pair of Etnies....

Not to mention that they also look dangerously close to a pair of Etnies....

True.

Ive never owned a pair of Etnies. I'm gonna look into it. Have u ever?
    Too Skaterish?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Too Skaterish.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    These are dope:

You cant be serious?

I'm serious. And yes I knew they were paying homage or whatever. Bear in mind that I am NOT a Nike head. Them damn shoes hurt my feets! I'm not a LaCoste head, either. Strictly/S> Mostly New Balance to avoid the narrow path.

Herm

Yeah those lacoste are butt ugly, I'm not feeling them at all. The same reason i'm not feeling the bapes much because they just look like a air force one rip.

You gotta see these other turbo ones, They're fresh, no nike imitation shit, just nice and plain and comfy.