Top 5 NOW Quarterbacks

edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
1)[/b] Carson is the truth ..the future...the NOW ...If not for the injury,the Bengals could/would have beaten the Steelers,Colts,Denver and The Seahawks .... 2)[/b] A Champion .....A winner....dude carries that offense ..would be #1, but has a few miles..nuff said 3)[/b] Can't be #1 when you have the benefit of having the best receiver in the game to throw to 4)[/b] this man needs receivers .....he has nothing to work with...give Vick a decent receiver or 2 and he will own the league 5)[/b] yes.....better than Ben

Comments

• debardebar 215 Posts
    1) Tom Brady[/b]
    Until someone else wins 3 Super Bowls, he'll stay up here. And what he did last year carrying that team on his back was the most impressive performance last year.

2) Peyton Manning[/b]
    I love to hate dude, but I have to give him his due. Stats all over the place, and probably the most aware QB there is. He'll be this generation's Marino to Brady's Montana: all the stats but no ring.

3) Daunte Culpepper[/b]
    Even with his bad year last year, he still has a 91.5 career QB rating. Having Chambers and McMichael to throw to will send him back to the top of the heap.

4) Carson Palmer[/b]
    If he can pull out another year like last year, then he'll deserve to be mentioned alongside Brady and Manning, but until then, he's a distant 4th place.

5) Ben Roethlisberger[/b]
    He's thrown less than 300 passes each of his first 2 years, but the bottom line is he gets the most important stat there is: wins.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    1. Brady- he's a champion... nuff said
    2. Manning- just has to get it done in the playoffs... he's already HOF material off of reg season play alone
    3. Palmer- the future of the NFL if he comes back healthy (and he will)... too bad he has to wear those damn tiger pajamas every sunday... NOT the look of a hall of fame caliber QB
    4. McNabb[/b]- yeah, I said it... whatever doubts you have about this dude, believe me, I have em too... but you CANNOT deny his accomplishments during his career... i predict DMac's gonna comeback like a mutha this season, watch and see
    5. Culpepper- another dude with question marks but again, you can't deny what he's done in his career... two years ago he had an mvp season if not for Manning burning up the record books... Pep will be revitalized this year in Miami, guaranteed... now if he can only find a way to make his hands bigger so he doesn't drop the ball so damn much

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    4)[/b]

this man needs receivers actual passing talent .....he has nothing to work with...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    My money's on this dude conquering top5 status much sooner than most expect:

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

regional bias

regional having watched his every college game bias

• edpowers, you lost all credibility putting Ron Mexico on yr list.

edpowers, you lost all credibility putting Ron Mexico on yr list.

post ur list or...........

• 1. Peyton Manning = the Scientist

2. Tom Brady = the now Joe Montana w/ more physical skills

3. Donnie McNabb = get ready for the bounce back

4. Marc Bulger = fantastic release, great accuracy

5. Carson Palmer = cannon arm, pinpoint accuracy. He's only done it for one year though and let's see how he bounces back from all knee ligaments torn and kneecap broken.

Hasselbeck has worked himself into a top QB. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

B. Favre = he's gonna go out w/ a bang. watch. team will suck but he'll throw 30 TDs

Delhomme == the definition of a Gamer.

Daunte is gonna have to show me something this year. Looking foward to seeing how he does with Miami.

Ben Roethlisberger - I love his talents but he has had no chance to show them. he's essentially a game manager for a team w/ a sick defense and dominant rushing attack

Trent Green - just solid

• 1)[/b]

Carson is the truth ..the future...the NOW ...

If not for the injury,the Bengals could/would have beaten the Steelers,Colts,Denver and The Seahawks ....

Y're insane man. That Bengals defense couldn't stop ANYBODY by the end of last year.

1. Peyton Manning = the Scientist

wwjd without Marvin ?

i agree

looks like you and Philllllllll will be my Avatar Queens this upcoming season

"pretty" does not = good

5. Carson Palmer = cannon arm, pinpoint accuracy. He's only done it for one year though and let's see how he bounces back from all knee ligaments torn and kneecap broken.

"stand still" ,"pocket passer" ...he'll be fine

The idea of a QB being penalized for having a great receiver at his disposal is kinda stupid.

On second thought, there's no kinda about it.

• 1. Peyton Manning = the Scientist

wwjd without Marvin ?

i agree

looks like you and Philllllllll will be my Avatar Queens this upcoming season

"pretty" does not = good

"stand still" ,"pocket passer" ...he'll be fine

I like Carson. I could easily see him ascending to #1, but I think this year will be tough for him. That was barely 7 months ago, y'know?

I hate the Eagles, but I have a lot of respect for McNabb, so you won't see me staking my pride on their performance. Dood's BEEN puttin' it down though.

Bulger is more than pretty. You don't like his numbers the past few years? That is the most of my choices. You could maybe put Delhomme or Hasselbeck in there instead. Let's see how Bulger does w/out Martz this year.

On Vick, I don't feel like his passing game has progressed enough over the years. Playing in a run-dominant system doesn't help that much.

Which came first, #88 or #18 man? Marvin or Peyton? You can't front on dood's vision, knowledge and execution. 49 TDs ain't no joke. To me, he's the best.

The idea of a QB being penalized for having a great receiver at his disposal is kinda stupid.

you think Manning would be as good with Laveranues Coles and Santana Moss ?

Top 5 Receivers

1)Marvin Harrison
    2)Terell Owens
    3)Steve Smith
    4)Chris Chambers
    5)Randy Moss

having the #1 or #2 receiver means something

• Top 5 Receivers

1)Marvin Harrison
    2)Terell Owens
    3)Steve Smith
    4)Chris Chambers
    5)Randy Moss

having the #1 or #2 receiver means something

Hmmm. I'm saying it's STEVONE SMITH and then everybody else in the WR game right now. Dood is SICK.

Let's see T.O. play a full season and not get hurt or meltdown before we blow him back up again.

Chambers is gonna be nice this year.

I hate Peyton Manning, but pretty much.

Do you downgrade Joe Montana for playing with Jerry Rice?

Yes i do ......not to mention John Taylor, Dwight Clark and Roger Craig out the backfield

multiple hall of fame options

Yes i do ......not to mention John Taylor, Dwight Clark and Roger Craig out the backfield

Upgrade stupid to idiotic.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    B. Favre = he's gonna go out w/ a bang. watch. team will suck but he'll throw 30 TDs

And 30 INTs.

So is the consensus on McNair that he's basically washed up? Kind of a shame...dude was a total warrior.

BTW, if Hines Ward doesn't make folls' top 5 receivers list, he damn well better be in the top 10.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

EdP, the problem with that line of thinking is that it gets into some serious "chicken vs. egg," type thinking. I mean, is Dwight Clark a HoF TE without Montana throwing him the ball? John Taylor? Rice would have made Canton on a Middle School girl's squad, but the others benefitted as much from Montana's presence as he did from theirs. Hence, pointless to knock a receiver or QB for their teammates. It is a symbiotic relationship, bromie.

EdP, the problem with that line of thinking is that it gets into some serious "chicken

.... noodle soup....chicken noodle soup...chicken noodle soup .......wit a soda on the side."

• B. Favre = he's gonna go out w/ a bang. watch. team will suck but he'll throw 30 TDs

And 30 INTs.

So is the consensus on McNair that he's basically washed up? Kind of a shame...dude was a total warrior.

BTW, if Hines Ward doesn't make folls' top 5 receivers list, he damn well better be in the top 10.

Hell naw. McNair is gonna be the truth this year. Here's a bold prediction for you:

B'more to win the AFC North. Discuss.

B'more to win the AFC North.

Discuss.

would not be suprised at all

And 30 INTs.

Hell naw. McNair is gonna be the truth this year. Here's a bold prediction for you:

I think McNair is D-U-N.

• B. Favre = he's gonna go out w/ a bang. watch. team will suck but he'll throw 30 TDs

And 30 INTs.

I think McNair is D-U-N.

Word? I won't bet against that cat until I see him on the turf w/ one of his limbs lying beside him. You think he's not gonna come out with a chip on his shoulder this year? B'more has a much better O-Line and Jamal will be better (he has to because he was HORRID last year).....throw in Heap and Mason and Clayton and they have the makings of a solid "O".

But, I mostly think Pitt and Cinci will take steps backwards this year.

And 30 INTs.

I think McNair is D-U-N.

Word? I won't bet against that cat until I see him on the turf w/ one of his limbs lying beside him. You think he's not gonna come out with a chip on his shoulder this year? B'more has a much better O-Line and Jamal will be better (he has to because he was HORRID last year).....throw in Heap and Mason and Clayton and they have the makings of a solid "O".

But, I mostly think Pitt and Cinci will take steps backwards this year.

I made a point not to disagree with your B'More to win statement, because they absolutely can. I just don't think it will happen because of McNair; mostly, because of a weaker division.

Cincy (who I have followed my entire life, through the WhoDey years, etc.) is in a world of trouble. Pourous D, minus their best player for four games. Not a good look to start the year. Add to that the biggest Offensive ? in the NFL, and Anthony Wright at backup (uggh...) and they will definitely fall off.

I have no faith in the Steelers either. Partly a hunch, partly that I think their QB ain't as great as many others do. (man. just look at his line in the Super Bowl. Atrocious.) Got some great players, but I'm just not a believer.

McNair is one tough dude, but I just think that all the years and injuries have caught up to him. Better than Kyle Boller? Definitely. I just don't see him as the difference maker that many others do.

And 30 INTs.

I think McNair is D-U-N.

McNair is not done...I think Jonathan Ogden may be done....and that will be the biggest problem for McNair.....if Ogden can go like he used to ...Baltimore will compete

• either way....i can smell it...football is almost here and life will be complete again for some months.

either way....i can smell it...football is almost here and life will be complete again for some months.

Training camp starts here on Friday. Activity is picking up around here...