POST A FUNK 45 w/ Audio Info

13»

Comments

• bluewaterbluewater 145 Posts
    one i picked up a little while back that is on constant rewind at home.

Lynn Williams - Don'n Be Surprise

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Creative Funk - Moving World

Don't have time to scan and post the record but I'll try to later. This is a cool little song, nothing major but it's decent. It's on the label Creative Funk and I think it was also featured on a Hoctor record somewhere but I'm not for sure.

it was, i got the 45 a couple months ago and the hoctor version, in my opinion, is far superior to the original, believe it or not!

i can post it if people are interested, but it is a bit noisy.

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts
    i can post it if people are interested, but it is a bit noisy.

Come on ! I'm hungry...

one i picked up a little while back that is on constant rewind at home.

Lynn Williams - Don'n Be Surprise

also noteable for the J5 sample at the start, and cut chemist played the first 40 seconds or so on that litmus test mix..

• schoggischoggi 298 Posts

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=C28C6A8E7D38A037

this is the last one for the moment, hope you enjoy these summer greetings out of basel!
    these pics are all taken from our server,
    i'd like to post others, more recent finds but i have no scanner to upload them at the moment!
    hope you enjoy the music!

peace

• subsub 311 Posts
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

some thai funk / garage / whatever sound.... song is called "kratae" by johnny guitar. there are 5 more 7" of johnny guitar that i know but supposingly there were a lot more in the thailand of the late sixties...

you can listen to it here: www.myspace.com/bangkokfunk
    (third track in the player)

• As sheduled, here's some french heat... I could have post a lot more but I guess they're all already classics as The Salambos and others french delights. But hey, I never heard anyone talking about this one, the opposite of an uptempo but funky as hell and definitely rare. I don't have any further info on that, if anyone knows anything about it (should call robert murt) then feel free to tell us what's to be known... The track is "Libert?? Lefteria"...

for the eyes:

for the hears:
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=06D82054338D83B5

Pretty cool! Never heard 'bout it. Members names look .. maybe some more known guys under pseudo??

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

First Thing I Do In The Morning- Joyce Williams

Some info:
    Originally issued on Act IV, which i have not heard, the Nickel release has extra flute parts. Being a funky flute freak that's all good with me.

More info: WICKED!!!

Can someone post this audio again? I missed it the first time around.

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    Sorry for getting your thread "off track"....I had just found that 45 in my closet and thought it was kinda interesting. Anyway, here is a funk gem. Many people don't know this side, cause they are more familiar with the flip, "Remember Me".

The Trinikas - Black Is Beautiful (Pearce 5828)[/b]

that track on the b side right there, is fuckin insane!
    been looking for the original, but im only finding the souljazz reissue..

AND BY THE WAY.. ALL YOU 45 PHOTOSHOPPIN COMPUTERNERDS CAN GO ROTTEN IN HELL!! ONE OF THESE 45S IS PHOTOSHOPPED.. THE GUY TOLD ME HIMSELF..

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    AND BY THE WAY.. ALL YOU 45 PHOTOSHOPPIN COMPUTERNERDS CAN GO ROTTEN IN HELL!! ONE OF THESE 45S IS PHOTOSHOPPED.. THE GUY TOLD ME HIMSELF..

• pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts

• cheebahazecheebahaze 235 Posts

First Thing I Do In The Morning- Joyce Williams

Some info:
    Originally issued on Act IV, which i have not heard, the Nickel release has extra flute parts. Being a funky flute freak that's all good with me.

More info: WICKED!!!

Here 'tis again.....

Joyce Williams- First Thing I Do In The Morning....

& another.....

No info on this one except that it may be the only release on this label..
    Gwen Kousar- The Hardway (Stork001) & flip is (Stork 002).

Gwen Kousar- The Hardway

• francislaifrancislai 371 Posts

both great! thanks a lot.

yo ako, where is your avatar from? image is reminding me of paper rad or maybe someting else??

fyfaen for en nerd du er pookeyblow. seqret squirrel oppi fitta til mora di

• ScopeCGNScopeCGN 163 Posts
    Great Threat Here, Thanks Drewn!!!!

Both of this are not unfindable, but nice...

"Grosse Chance" from german rail road kahoona's, the "DB" Deutsch Bahn:

Fixed it:
    GROSSE CHANCE

And the funky soul of Uschi Bruening with the 7" only cut "Hochzeitsnacht" singing about a wedding night in the German Democratic Republic (east germany that time):

HOCHZEITSNACHT

Enjoy,

Scoper

BTW: Dont miss the EURO SOUL STRUT MEETING 2006 in Cologne on the 4th-6th AUGUST 2006 - Hit me up with the pm if you have any ?'s...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    hochzneit is a great track

recommended download

hochzneit is a great track

recommended download

already have the 45 at home...

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    (cue high-c jokes)

jus for ol time's sake can you post that posh pic of you, the wig and the techno lounge furniture?

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts

Just out of curiousity, which one do you feel is photoshopped?

both great! thanks a lot.

yo ako, where is your avatar from? image is reminding me of paper rad or maybe someting else??

Roba, Alfe & Horace from the Paper Rad DVD, which i cant recommend enough if youre into the stuff.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts