DJ PREMIER clips from Xtina's upcoming album!!!

2»

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    the clip sounds like old school happy hour on the radio brought to you by christina. LETS TAKE IT BACK TO THE OLD SCHOOOOOOOL. She is surely the most apt host for this sort of thing

Hey, her stylist totally got her wearing bandannas and fitted caps and shit. What more proof of downness do you need?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    the clip sounds like old school happy hour on the radio brought to you by christina. LETS TAKE IT BACK TO THE OLD SCHOOOOOOOL. She is surely the most apt host for this sort of thing

Hey, her stylist totally got her wearing bandannas and fitted caps and shit. What more proof of downness do you need?
    She needs to date a Black man.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

She needs to date a Black man.

Ha, I would be surprised if she hasn't/isn't currently doing so!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    The real question is, how will her relationship with Erykah Badu change her sound? Electric flower porpoise power.

The real question is, how will her relationship with Erykah Badu change her <s>sound</s> style?

>>>[/b]

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    uh... she is married

uh... she is married porcelain

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    uh... she is married

Wait... she's married and who the fuck is that toolbox?! I'm so disconnected from the pop charts and tabloids.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    uh... she is married

She could still be dating someone. You sound old.

uh... she is married

Sayin', tho...and somebody Photoshop Jonny's head on that dude already.

Ya'll know what it is.

uh... she is married

Your speculative tone belies your attempt at appearing youthful; if you were truly connected you would already know that the current song (and others) are written about her new husband.

• pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts

She is dating DJ PREMIER you idiots! That's the only reason why he's producing her songs!

She is dating DJ PREMIER you idiots! That's the only reason why he's producing her songs!

So it's pretty much conventional wisdom that Premier tapped, right?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    honestly. Some of these songs are pretty good. She's really going for the hip-hop soul thing (which is sort of unsetteling because she'll obviously blow-up as opposed to the artists that didnt it before, just as good only a few years ago).

I'd maybe fuck with these on the deejay tip.

So it's pretty much conventional wisdom that Premier tapped, right?

Please be serious.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    my friend is obsessed with it, when i showed her the moon people OG, she freaked out.
    Premier didn't sample the Moon People track.. Kings Of Diggin-!!!

It's Luis Aviles & The Latin Blues Band - (I'll Be a) Happy Man[/b]

PLEASE shut up and take your "knowledge" somewhere else. You obviously never heard the moon people track before, cause you'd recognize it. The fact that your illiteracy leads you to attaching the wrong artist info to the correct song based on your downloaded tracklisting is tireing at best.

of:

For real though, just to clarify though, I've seen the song listed as "Hippy Trippy Moon Strut" online but I have the Moon People album and that's not the title of song on here. Was it a single first under a diff name?

And yeah, yeah...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    The Moon People - Land Of Love - Happy Soul

I prefer the Dave Cortez & The Moon People - Happy Soul (W-A Hook) version.

Get groovey with the organs...

• reskresk 391 Posts
    my friend is obsessed with it, when i showed her the moon people OG, she freaked out.
    Premier didn't sample the Moon People track.. Kings Of Diggin-!!!

It's Luis Aviles & The Latin Blues Band - (I'll Be a) Happy Man[/b]

PLEASE shut up and take your "knowledge" somewhere else. You obviously never heard the moon people track before, cause you'd recognize it. The fact that your illiteracy leads you to attaching the wrong artist info to the correct song based on your downloaded tracklisting is tireing at best.

of:

For real though, just to clarify though, I've seen the song listed as "Hippy Trippy Moon Strut" online but I have the Moon People album and that's not the title of song on here. Was it a single first under a diff name?

And yeah, yeah...

"hippy, skippy moon strut" is a moon people 45, similar to the "happy soul" on the album, but doesnt loose the beat at any point, and has the vocal hook (along with a instrumentation hook).
    dave cortez's "happy soul (with a hook)" is pretty much the same thing as "hippy skippy moon strut" but no vocal hook, but same instrumentation.
    the latin blues band version is closer to the moon people "happy soul" version thats on the lp, cause it looses the hook, but has singing.
    hopefully that clarifies some

really he could have sampled any of the versions, cause he didnt sample the hook part.