DJ PREMIER clips from Xtina's upcoming album!!!

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Uh-Oh!!!!!!

• pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts
    but I don't think the first beat is premier..

if it is..

the 2 last beats is just

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    the last two are nice...that sexy one is classic premo sounding. and the last one is nice and chill.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    The second beat is bananas... the fourth is nice too.. the fourth is laid back, but not sure I could listen to it more than a few times bu I think thatis because Xtina's voice grates on my nerves....

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts

looks like someone went popppp

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    ooh, i might need to buy this cd.

that aint no other man single...pretty damn good, i gotta admit. my friend is obsessed with it, when i showed her the moon people OG, she freaked out.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    anybody know if this is gonna be released on vinyl? do they even do that with pop releases?

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

looks like someone went popppp

Are you seriously going to question Premier's cred and get mad at him for going after some dough?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    dudes its 2006
    premier's not about to be wearing hammerpants
    its ok to like it.

(its ok to hate it too, i'm at work and can't check it yet)

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This is not really a three exclamation mark type of post, pookey (!!!)

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    This is not really a three exclamation mark type of post, pookey (!!!)

Maybe he's still at a stage where he's considering whose poster would look thweet on his wall.

(!!!)

my friend is obsessed with it, when i showed her the moon people OG, she freaked out.
    Premier didn't sample the Moon People track.. Kings Of Diggin-!!!

It's Luis Aviles & The Latin Blues Band - (I'll Be a) Happy Man[/b]

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I was just listening to my Dave Cortez - happy soul 45 and realized thats what Primo used for that new Christina Aguilera track. It somehow didn't register when I initially heard her track, i thought it was some otis redding or another soul track chopped up.

• my friend is obsessed with it, when i showed her the moon people OG, she freaked out.
    Premier didn't sample the Moon People track.. Kings Of Diggin-!!!

It's Luis Aviles & The Latin Blues Band - (I'll Be a) Happy Man[/b]

PLEASE shut up and take your "knowledge" somewhere else. You obviously never heard the moon people track before, cause you'd recognize it. The fact that your illiteracy leads you to attaching the wrong artist info to the correct song based on your downloaded tracklisting is tireing at best.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Yea it is definitely Moon People, impossible to dispute.

Primo loves the 'All Night Long' drums , (as do I)

Those who are trying to hate on this schitt , you can't deny that primo is still keeping it pretty raw. you can't say that about the majority of major label stuff coming out nowadays.

PLEASE shut up and take your "knowledge" somewhere else. You obviously never heard the moon people track before, cause you'd recognize it. The fact that your illiteracy leads you to attaching the wrong artist info to the correct song based on your downloaded tracklisting is tireing at best.

AAAAAAAAAAAhh!! I've heard the damn Moon People track!! Heard it first many years ago.. Too much guitar in in it!, right?

Her is the version I'm talking about:

http://xxlmag.com/online/?p=2090

I still believe he sampled this..

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    the dave baby cortez 'happy soul with a hook' is an all-instrumental version of that same latin blues band tune - both are on speed.

the dave baby cortez track is a more likely choice for the sample.

PLEASE shut up and take your "knowledge" somewhere else.

tireing at best.

You are a poet.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    That Latin Blues Band LP on Speed is really not that good, right?

I like 'lay an OZ on me baby'

the cover has a naked chick on it.

whoo hooo(!!!)

---

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

wow somebody has a bad case of the mondays!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I can see pookeyblow in an episode of 'When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong'

It's really not... although I am tempted to get a copy in order to complete the Speed discography.

A wild wild album of Latin soul -- one of the maddest albums ever recorded for the legendary Speed label! The group, like a rare few others of their generation, are an insane mix of Latin jamming, psychedelic soul, and stoner funk riffing -- all sifted together in a blender, with a sound that brings out the best aspects in all elements involved! The album's got some wonderful bouncy cuts with a Latin soul groove and weird English lyrics -- like "Lay An Oz On Me Baby", "I'll Be A Happy Man", and "Pussycat" -- the kind of raw, wild, and very groovy tracks that you'd buy an album like this for. And there's also a totally great, totally tight descarga cut called "The Cow", that runs for 8 minutes with a very firey groove and lots of amazing playing! And if that wasn't enough, the cover's got a wild psychedelic image of a nude body with lots of colored lights projected over it, and a trippy feeling that's about as trippy as the band must have been when they recorded this one!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    you can't deny that primo is still keeping it pretty raw. you can't say that about the majority of major label stuff coming out nowadays.

Mr Rillz,

in the NYTimes on Sunday I saw an article that mentioned both hackey-sacking and Chamillionaire...

I see some archaic baiting potential there.

check it out.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

It's really not... although I am tempted to get a copy in order to complete the Speed discography.

A wild wild album of Latin soul -- one of the maddest albums ever recorded for the legendary Speed label! The group, like a rare few others of their generation, are an insane mix of Latin jamming, psychedelic soul, and stoner funk riffing -- all sifted together in a blender, with a sound that brings out the best aspects in all elements involved! The album's got some wonderful bouncy cuts with a Latin soul groove and weird English lyrics -- like "Lay An Oz On Me Baby", "I'll Be A Happy Man", and "Pussycat" -- the kind of raw, wild, and very groovy tracks that you'd buy an album like this for. And there's also a totally great, totally tight descarga cut called "The Cow", that runs for 8 minutes with a very firey groove and lots of amazing playing! And if that wasn't enough, the cover's got a wild psychedelic image of a nude body with lots of colored lights projected over it, and a trippy feeling that's about as trippy as the band must have been when they recorded this one!
    I can't read those DGA reviews without thinking about crazypoprock. I don't know why.

I can't read those DGA reviews without thinking about crazypoprock. I don't know why.

I do (!!!)

• slushslush 691 Posts
    the clip sounds like old school happy hour on the radio brought to you by christina. LETS TAKE IT BACK TO THE OLD SCHOOOOOOOL. She is surely the most apt host for this sort of thing