Top five mp3 blogs

VitaminVitamin 631 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
1) Soulsides: O-dub remains at the top of the heap. This summer, he is letting fellow critics/DJs post their top summer songs. I like this blog best because it's always good ish, he's not trying to blow my head with raer, trying to post some underground internet exclusive bullshit, just the music dude likes. And I like O-dub's writing style. A public service. 2) Funky 16 Corners: I hate to admit that this blog is so effing good. I want to hate it, just like I hate Larry's Daily Kossack credulous Bushitler political blather. But I can't hate. I consistently learn more about good soul, funk music on this blog. And the music writing--when he doesn't flip out on politics--is top rate. Clever, informative. 3) Moistworks: The very definition of how to work a theme. At times crazy excessive--digging up like twenty covers of something--but always good for a browse and pretty funny. 4) Palms out: Alright, it's kind of all over the place. But for sheer volume of material and new hip hop it's nice. 5) Captain's Crate and Ear Fuzz: I think they have consistently excellent and interesting selections. I wish they updated more.

Comments

• Thanks V!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

1) Soulsides: O-dub remains at the top of the heap. This summer, he is letting fellow critics/DJs post their top summer songs. I like this blog best because it's always good ish, he's not trying to blow my head with raer, trying to post some underground internet exclusive bullshit, just the music dude likes. And I like O-dub's writing style. A public service.
    2) Funky 16 Corners: I hate to admit that this blog is so effing good. I want to hate it, just like I hate Larry's Daily Kossack credulous Bushitler political blather. But I can't hate. I consistently learn more about good soul, funk music on this blog. And the music writing--when he doesn't flip out on politics--is top rate. Clever, informative.
    3) Moistworks: The very definition of how to work a theme. At times crazy excessive--digging up like twenty covers of something--but always good for a browse and pretty funny.
    4) Palms out: Alright, it's kind of all over the place. But for sheer volume of material and new hip hop it's nice.
    5) Captain's Crate and Ear Fuzz: I think they have consistently excellent and interesting selections. I wish they updated more.

Links man LINKS.

• 1) Soulsides: O-dub remains at the top of the heap. This summer, he is letting fellow critics/DJs post their top summer songs. I like this blog best because it's always good ish, he's not trying to blow my head with raer, trying to post some underground internet exclusive bullshit, just the music dude likes. And I like O-dub's writing style. A public service.
    2) Funky 16 Corners: I hate to admit that this blog is so effing good. I want to hate it, just like I hate Larry's Daily Kossack credulous Bushitler political blather. But I can't hate. I consistently learn more about good soul, funk music on this blog. And the music writing--when he doesn't flip out on politics--is top rate. Clever, informative.
    3) Moistworks: The very definition of how to work a theme. At times crazy excessive--digging up like twenty covers of something--but always good for a browse and pretty funny.
    4) Palms out: Alright, it's kind of all over the place. But for sheer volume of material and new hip hop it's nice.
    5) Captain's Crate and Ear Fuzz: I think they have consistently excellent and interesting selections. I wish they updated more.

Links man LINKS.

Funky16Corners

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

1) Soulsides: O-dub remains at the top of the heap. This summer, he is letting fellow critics/DJs post their top summer songs. I like this blog best because it's always good ish, he's not trying to blow my head with raer, trying to post some underground internet exclusive bullshit, just the music dude likes. And I like O-dub's writing style. A public service.

Links man LINKS.

http://google.com

umadlazy?

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    always changing, here are my top 5 as of today

A HREF="http://ugrap.blogspot.com/">Underground Rap Collector/A>

A HREF="http://palmsout.blogspot.com/">Palms Out Sounds/A>

A HREF="http://www.spliffhuxtable.com/">Spliff Huxtable/A>

A HREF="http://earfuzz.com/">Earfuzz/A>

A HREF="http://soulshower.blogspot.com/">Soul Shower/A>

Plus basically everything previously mentioned are sites I hit regularly, thank for doing what you do, much appreciated.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    huge co-sign on Spine. Even their little jabs are funny (but why post-up a article/mp3 just to hate...oh nevermind.... )

I also like Dorkmagazine.com. They've been doing a lot of stuff on shit like ..um...furniture and things I'm not really into, but they'll have some ill mp3's and video (SA-RA EPK & some ill video archive of beatmaker dudes). I check 'em daily.

I definetly checek Oliver's every so often. Some great stuff and his tastes are very sincere and independent of "what's hot" in the digger world (HOLY HYPERBOLE????).

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    what's a good blog for *ahem* music of the kufi variety? An inquiring chaneller of the spirits and poetry slam attende wants to know ( )

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts

diggerswithgratitude

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    stilllistentogangstamusic.blogspot.com