Middle East on blast - analysis please?

13»

Comments

• roneazyroneazy 111 Posts
    we were also giving a bunch of money to the Palestinian Authority

A "bunch of" aid to Palestine? Are you serious? Or you're talking about Palestine, TX. Anyhoot, them Arabs just fight with rocks and homemade nail bombs becuase they are scum. Let's smoke 'em out boys!

dude they want to kill us. the Israelis don't.

plus the Israelis have taken the aid money we've given them over the years and a) spent most of it on US exports (per the aid agreements) and b) built a democracy that has provided refuge for millions of Jews and been a strong US ally.

the billions that Palestinians have recieved over the years, well, I'm still trying to figure out where all that went.

though I have a suspicion miss crocodile tears here might have an idea.

Suha Arafat

She's crying out of happiness because Arafat... how can I put this... wasn't he more interested in playing for the boy's team? I can back that up if need be..

Terrorists use more than rocks and stones... how about explosives, rockets, missiles, guns, etc... rocks and stones, sadly, are reserved these days for truly innocent Israeli civilians who fight to help insuring Palestinians are employed in Israel.

Fatback, with all due respect as based on your previous postings about your life in academia, I'm most certain you are no fool. However, your arguments here in this matter are the typical apologist-style arguments.. you argue for the argument itself, with no facts, no statistics to back up your claims, no logic - just bold statements and attempts to blindly stir the pot. In this particular matter of PA funding, I think it's best you post once you find out where the billions of dollars the Palestinians have received, MUCH OF WHICH FROM ISRAEL DIRECTLY while > 20% of Jews in Israel live below the poverty line, and tell us why 100,000s in Judea, Samaria and Gaza still in live in refugee camps and not even the most rudimentary of housing.

RON

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

we've sent 3 million dollars a day to Israel for over 40 years.

what do we get for it?

meanwhile, i'm over here begging the the Dept of Education/Juvenile Justice and the Virginia General Assembly for a few hundred thousand dollars to provide literacy training to the adolescents with drug charges in detention centers.

From an internet cafe in Barcelona, I add my two cents: It's misleading to say that the US gives three million a day to Israel without providing context. While the US does give massive aid to Israel, it's given so that Israel can use it to purchase American goods. Like so much aid, the money returns to the donor country and boosts its economy. Giving foreign "aid" is very much self-serving and the donee does not have carte blanche to spend it freely.

Also, the money is not given to Israel at the direct expense of education; to imply that that your government, while deciding the budget, chooses between aid to Israel and education is silly.

• roneazyroneazy 111 Posts

Danno! What's up holmes? How's Spain?

Glad to hear your 2 cents... and every word of it being very true.

But yo man... get out of that internet cafe and enjoy Spain... worry about the homeland's problems when you're back in Forest Hill.. oh but wait.. isn't half of Forest Hill there right now anyway? hahaha..

Peace man!

RON

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts
    A point that has not been made on this aid discussion, is that the outlines of that assistance that Israel receives is a condition of the peace treaty between Egypt and Israel that America brokered. And in answer to the silly question from Frank about what we get from all that aid to Israel, I don't know--Osirak in 1981, scud hunts before the first Gulf War, a technology partnership that enables America to build its missile defense, some of the best intelligence on the region.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    we were also giving a bunch of money to the Palestinian Authority

A "bunch of" aid to Palestine? Are you serious? Or you're talking about Palestine, TX. Anyhoot, them Arabs just fight with rocks and homemade nail bombs becuase they are scum. Let's smoke 'em out boys!

dude they want to kill us. the Israelis don't.

plus the Israelis have taken the aid money we've given them over the years and a) spent most of it on US exports (per the aid agreements) and b) built a democracy that has provided refuge for millions of Jews and been a strong US ally.

the billions that Palestinians have recieved over the years, well, I'm still trying to figure out where all that went.

though I have a suspicion miss crocodile tears here might have an idea.

Suha Arafat

She's crying out of happiness because Arafat... how can I put this... wasn't he more interested in playing for the boy's team? I can back that up if need be..

Terrorists use more than rocks and stones... how about explosives, rockets, missiles, guns, etc... rocks and stones, sadly, are reserved these days for truly innocent Israeli civilians who fight to help insuring Palestinians are employed in Israel.

Fatback, with all due respect as based on your previous postings about your life in academia, I'm most certain you are no fool. However, your arguments here in this matter are the typical apologist-style arguments.. you argue for the argument itself, with no facts, no statistics to back up your claims, no logic - just bold statements and attempts to blindly stir the pot. In this particular matter of PA funding, I think it's best you post once you find out where the billions of dollars the Palestinians have received, MUCH OF WHICH FROM ISRAEL DIRECTLY while > 20% of Jews in Israel live below the poverty line, and tell us why 100,000s in Judea, Samaria and Gaza still in live in refugee camps and not even the most rudimentary of housing.

RON

How much foreign aid to Palestine? How much foreign aid to Israel? Total amounts. And let's go from there.