Ardelle VanLiew RIP(NRR)

oldnewsouloldnewsoul 238 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
My Mother passed away Friday at 4:441AM. While she wasn't an artist and she never had a private press release, she was important in my developement as a beat digger. I got my basis from her collection. Lee Dorsey, Donny Hathaway, Albert King, Parliament. When I wanted to be an artist, she kept the books for my first independent release. she would make sure anybody that came into the house bought a record, sometimes 2. She taught me tolerance , respect, and gave me a love of knowledge that I instill in my own kids. She was an unofficial social worker in the neighborhood and she helped a lot of people who are still here because of the advice she gave them. I'll miss you Mommy. Respect.

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Respect man, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds like she was a wonderful lady and I trace my love and taste for music back to my moms as well. In fact, she was just here for most of the week. The other morning, I walked out of my bedroom to see her sitting at my computer listening to The Winans 'Decisions' LP that my folks used to play on road trips in the car when I was a kid. (How she figured out how to turn on all my equipment and find that record in collection, I'll never know) Every day is Mother's Day as far as I'm concerned.

Best wishes to you.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    My condolences on the loss of your mother. Best wishes to you in your healing.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I'm sorry to hear about you mom passing away. I really hope she had a full life and went out with very little pain or agony. Know that she lives on in you and your kids.

t

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I'm sorry to hear about you mom passing away. I really hope she had a full life and went out with very little pain or agony. Know that she lives on in you and your kids.

t

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I'm sorry to hear that. God bless you man, I hope you're doing alright. It sounds like she lived a good and full life and left something positive in you.

Respect.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Gary.
    My condolences to your family. Thank you for the thoughtful post, it gave me reflections on my mother and I. I hope there is someone for everyone in your family right now. My respect to your Ardelle, and everyone's Ardelle in her neighborhood. She sounds like a wonderful example of how to live a life.

Call me if you'd like to talk.
    ~B

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    condolences to you and your fam. thanks for sharing with us. life is to be celebrated. also thanks for reminding us life is fragile and we need to let our loved ones know how we feel about them NOW. stein. . .

• oldnewsouloldnewsoul 238 Posts
    Thanks to all who took a minute to view and those who replied.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    condolences and respect to you and those grieving. She'll always be with you mang.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Condolences.