happy birthday, z_illa

jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
You know, it???s been an all right twelve months or so for the Chicago-proper roster: We narrowly avoided some Westward expansion (Gil: ???We almost lost Clubbup!???), I think this was the year that Meaty didn???t go back to Rockvilleford, and the Fly Itascan DCaramello may have gone city by the time you read this. Also notable is Strongburg ILand czar Rob Zilla burrowing his way within the Chicago city limits and moving on up toward his destination, somewhere on the North(ish?)side. It either was recently or will soon be dude???s birthday, so I wanted to couple born-day wishes with belated welcome-in-ings. Though I???m abstractly relieved that dude???s getting nice on a slice will no longer entail his fucking with Maggiano???s or Sbarro or however the hell they do it out thurr, I can concretely say that Rob is a top cat, and that the area code is lucky to have him. I gave him some boxes of records a little while ago, and before his car was out of sight there was a yousendit link to about 10mb worth of quality beatses that he???d made from the contents of said boxeses, on some straight-up A-Team built-a-tank-from-a-belt-and-a-butter-knife shit. Serious talent, for serious. It sucks more than a little that his newfound proximity corresponds with both my own ever-decreasing mobility and with my neighborhood???s ever-increasing dearth of good records, and that we consequently don???t get up like we used to, but I know he???s out there keeping the faith, holding enough walls for the both of us.All my Second-City slickers can vouch for the fact that Rob is an all-around good dude (and my daughter???s a fan, too???once she got over the smoky smell), and the fact that he doesn???t get the shine around here that he oughta says more about here than it says about him. Somebody with the ways and means needs to hook up that Wild Style ???the mothafuckin??? Z??? (as in ???A to ~???) with ODB???s ???no one could get iller!???, loop up some "Hard Times"-type brontosaurus stomp, fix up the audio, and just let that shit riiiiiiiiiide. Anyway, though I suspect this is belated, Happy Birthday, dude.ELEVATED PLATFORM / NEVER GONNA CONFORM"IT JUST TOOK UP THE WHOLE CAR?""YEAH YEAH, IT WAS A WHOLE CAR AND SHIT..."WE EAT TRAINS

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Happy b-day ROB!!!!!!!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    white tees for everyone!!

get your drank on hommie!

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Happy birthday dude, glad to you see you've stuck around and continued to drop "alternative" knowledge.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts

Though I???m abstractly relieved that dude???s getting nice on a slice will no longer entail his fucking with Maggiano???s or Sbarro or however the hell they do it out thurr,

Sbarro pains, long forgotten memories. Heads should holler at Peaquods tonight.

straight-up A-Team built-a-tank-from-a-belt-and-a-butter-knife shit.

I like those words. I got really stonedd last night and made this though. (No samples allowed!)
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=0B7B9DED788C0986

???no one could get iller!???, loop up some "Hard Times"-type brontosaurus stomp, fix up the audio, and just let that shit riiiiiiiiiide.

I had to buy that one comp with Hard Times on it yesterday on some special occasion steez. Shit has been the anthem of the night, which blended into the morning which I guess now is the afternoon. Am I that damn predictable?

Anyway, though I suspect this is belated, Happy Birthday, dude.

I think you said that last year, both times you have come through on the correct date. It's easy to remember.

Anyway here's a couple more.
    I made this a couple weeks ago for all my White Tee wearing mawfuccas.
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=C9ED7DEB4B758AA7

I did this a couple days ago and never finished, one sample allowed.
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=5CBB6DB174D7F6A8

Thanks for the words dudes.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Happy damn birthday!
    I'm getting you an oil change, and some gas in your car!

I'm coming thru soon.

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOOoh

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts
    YESSSIR! We gotta hit up the new joint accross from Bacci's. Tight as hell and $1 cheeper. I got you this time homie!

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Rob has full yacht status at the marina of life.

Happy birthday,
    JRoot

• Heads should holler at Peaquods tonight.

now you're talkin' homey! i wish i would've seen this earlier cause I would've been down for some Pequods tonight. maybe again sometime soon.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY robZILLAAAA!

• Happy Birthday, hope it's a good'n!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Rob: Fuck the world. You're the man.

REGONNIZE, FOLLS: EVERY DAY IS ZILLA'S BIRTHDAY.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    James, those pics are still killing it. I need to hook up with that european dude who did the model train graf movie thing and put together a stop motion subway stomping epic .

Day, what do you know about Tom Bearden? Lately I???ve been on an alternative energy and free energy patents kick. In a time of scary weapons and energy crunches he is a very interesting player.

SonnyBen, if you wake up before the sun goes down, let???s, as they say in the business world, do lunch.

Counterpoint, don???t be scurred, come along.

JRoot, I???m speechless and honored that you came out to wish me a happy birthday. Maybe see you friday?

Dreas, yeah, Peaquods again soon.

P-ro, I???m coming out there in a couple months. Start planning the party.

Will, what???s up dude?

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    Ohh and since no one replied to my first beats posted on the board and in honor of my 1000th post, here is my first mix posted on soulstrut. Someone told me that playing music like this went out in the late 90???s. It's short, levels are kind of out of wack and a week or 2 old.

"real" scchit.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=3B27CD9D79942B98

and on that note, this song is killing it lately

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=9D55835F0F7FBB21

peace

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    Basically we visualize things in the universe as two sorts those that move (have motion) and those that don't. In physics we know already that this is in error; there isn't anything in the universe, anywhere, that is motionless. At least it is moving through time, which is still a special kind of motion. Also, we know that everything seems to be made up of much finer things, and these finer things are always in motion - often very violent motion. So what we observe as a passive thing - sitting still spatially, so to speak - is made up of subthings in violent motion spatially.