Are the 80s the new 70s ??

TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
70s funk/soul used to get the dancefloor jumping but nowadays if it's not 80s, it get no club love.. what good in your world dj's??=========================rock steady >> everything she wants >> back and forth = becky catnipwhile to be real >> got to give it up >> disco nights = a becky scorned=========================

Comments

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    Simple mathematics. Becky was born in 1980 and she grew up with that sheet. She's 26 now and ready to parrrrrty whoooo. Just got off work!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    She's 26 now and ready to parrrrrty whoooo.

oh snap! i think a bachelorette party just rolled up..

"do you have any new order or my humps?"

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Wasn't the 80's revival 4 or 5 years ago? Is that shit still popping in the clubs?

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Looks like Thes said the only thing that needs to be said, so I'll add this controversial statement: The 80s classics put the 70s classics to shame.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    The 80s classics put the 70s classics to shame.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Simple mathematics. Becky was born in 1980 and she grew up with that sheet. She's 26 now and ready to parrrrrty whoooo. Just got off work!

Thes... I think it's time to introduce m***t***e s**l

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

You fools are crazy!

• AaronAaron 977 Posts

You fools are crazy!

MESH HAT STALKINGS AND CRUMPLED COUNTACHES.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

You fools are crazy!

Minneapolis alone would shut the entire 70's down

Lisa Lisa > Yvonne Fair

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    shit, I'm just waiting for the millenium party so I can sport the faux hawk!
    faux hawk = the new verion of the mullet.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    while searching for 80s hair pictures, I came across this excellent solo face:

looks like the man is shitting a chiguagua.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Lisa Lisa > Yvonne Fair

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

Lisa Lisa > Yvonne Fair

??

i believe so...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    sure am glad the crowds for our big soul nights only want 60s or early 70s tunes. I couldnt have ANY fun at all playing 80s dance tunes.....gross.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    sure am glad the crowds for our big soul nights only want 60s or early 70s tunes. I couldnt have ANY fun at all playing 80s dance tunes.....gross.

what if you were spinning for a different crowd? 80s dance is the epitome of fun..

wild flailing fun..

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    where have you been? The 80's have been the new 70's since the late 90's.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

what if you were spinning for a different crowd? 80s dance is the epitome of fun..

wild flailing fun..

I cant get into that music at all...I can't spin stuff I dont like. I just make sure the flyers/promotion CLEARLY state what we are spinning, so folks know what they are getting into before they spend the cover charge. Dont want/need the hassles of someone getting all pissed when I explain I dont have any Morris Day and the Time or New Order.

• Ian_DIan_D 120 Posts

I cant get into that music at all...I can't spin stuff I dont like. I just make sure the flyers/promotion CLEARLY state what we are spinning, so folks know what they are getting into before they spend the cover charge. Dont want/need the hassles of someone getting all pissed when I explain I dont have any Morris Day and the Time or New Order.

I've grown to love the 80s over the years, i had my early formative years in it i hated it, well, i should say some of the pap on TV, i'm now a sucker for a good 80s funk/soul sound, but i still can't bring myself to love a gated reverb snare, the bloody awful clothes and robotic dancing.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I'm all for a 90's come back. Grunge and shit.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts

You fools are crazy!

Minneapolis alone would shut the entire 70's down

Lisa Lisa > Yvonne Fair

Unfortunately, the Twin Cities never had a good radio station to play their own local talent -- Cities 97 can sustain the rock acts, though. They tried but failed to operate a black classics station just recently. I don't think I've ever heard an old school set like they do down in Chicago's V103.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    There's good music from every era dude.

Saying the 80s sucks = doesn't like rap or fun.

• I'm all for a 90's come back. Grunge and shit.

Wait 5 years.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I'm all for a 90's come back. Grunge and shit.

Wait 5 years.

I won't have enough hair in 5 years

I wanna rock my Pearl Jam MTV Unplugged look NOW!

• AaronAaron 977 Posts

You clearly didn't read what I posted.

Plus your little mathematic equation is pretty stupid.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Saying his mathematical equation sucks = not liking Doritos or Woody Allen.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Didn't 80's shit pass by a bit ago? Or is this on the tails end? When we opened the shop a couple of years back we were selling crazy 80's 12 inches for awhile. I can remember A-Track passing by and pickin' up his fill of 80's shit. The best part was dudes were selling off their 80's collections for super cheap. Wives wanted that shit out of the basement and would make their husbands sell that shit or it was going in the trash.

Ever see an 80's DJ sell off his whole collection for cheap? The face is the true meaning of unhappy.

New wave hodge-podge for dayz f00lz.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    not liking Doritos or Woody Allen = sexual impotence patient

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

It wasn't directed at you (just a general statement). And no I didn't read your post. Your a bit of a dick though.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

It wasn't directed at you (just a general statement). And no I didn't read your post. Your a bit of a dick though.

5-pager tuesday??