weekend finds

13»

Comments

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Garcia - I passed on that DOS IMAGENES long ago and have always regretted it

Exactly how dope is it?

don't regret it too hard, because although a good LP, its definately not spectacular. Side 1 has some good straight ahead salsa tracks, and Side B is all slow jams, but some nice moody loops to be had

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Garcia - I passed on that DOS IMAGENES long ago and have always regretted it

Exactly how dope is it?

don't regret it too hard, because although a good LP, its definately not spectacular. Side 1 has some good straight ahead salsa tracks, and Side B is all slow jams, but some nice moody loops to be had

cool... I just figured since it was thrown in with some hotter pieces there that maybe it was of that calibre...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    picked this up sealed for a buck. anyone ever seen/heard it? coltrane, mingus etc covers...

Yah, Aleit traded me his copy. I need to listen to it again but it is definitely a trippy LP.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Lux - Boom Box 12" Sealed PRODUCED BY STEADY B
    How is this? I'd cop it just off the presence of Steady B and DJ Miz, but if it's dope, so much the better.

I just found this like a week ago... its pretty good, nothing crazy.

I found a LUX ep a few weeks ago that was better...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    The Mighty Diamonds- Backstage ('83 on Music Works)

i'm listening right now...sly and robbie on drum and bass. i like this.

Also is Herbie Hancock's Crossings worth picking up?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    picked this up sealed for a buck. anyone ever seen/heard it? coltrane, mingus etc covers...

Yah, Aleit traded me his copy. I need to listen to it again but it is definitely a trippy LP.

hee hee. wacky stuff.

all these nice finds. no pm's with requests either. too worn out.

didn't really look at records at all this wekend which was really nice. too damn hot. drank coronas at a BBQ, went swimming, instead... which was much more satisfying in the heat.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I picked these up on the way from picking my lil' sister up from Cornell University (Ithaca, NY).

Hey! That's where my lil' brother goes!

Herm

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

it's kind of in the same ballpark as bitch's brew, except with the hancock flavor amplified. i love this album. if you like mwandishi and sextant, then crossings is a must.

• ptq28ptq28 38 Posts
    Copped:

Phil Driscoll- Blowin' a New Mind
    John Coleman- The Dancer Creates
    Gil Trythall- Nashville Gold
    Piero Piccioni- El Ojo del Huracan 45
    Chantana Kitiyapan- I Don't Know How to Love Him 45
    I Nomadi- Eterno 45
    Soul on Delivery- Hustle (Dance of the Day) 45
    Maxi Baratas- Flamenco (library LP with dope flamenco loops and chops)

good stuff.. loads of grooves, loops I have yet to go through.. Expecting some more this weekend. Loads of crazy shit..

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    The show

Nice find on the Mount Rushmore how much did it cost you?
    60's rock isn't common down here so i always fixate of those types of finds.Your love for Jamaican music is serious!!Don Drummond all i have to say is props.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

it's kind of in the same ballpark as bitch's brew, except with the hancock flavor amplified. i love this album. if you like mwandishi and sextant, then crossings is a must.

cool. thanks dude.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Paycheck, congrats on that Whipperjenkins - plaese to elaborate on near death hotel rumble raer.

Drewn - noice!

• HamHam 872 Posts
    what's up with everyone finding movin & groovin

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

that's just the disco sleeve for makossa releases.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

that's just the disco sleeve for makossa releases.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Day to make a long story short, I was accosted in the parking lot by a guy who followed me out from the hotel lobby. He had gotten all in my grill while I was checking in. Dude stunk of liquor. He kept cracking his knuckles and reaching and shit.

When he caught up to me outside, he said a whole bunch of cryptic shit... "It's quiet time now..." and shit. Then he was like, "I saw you today with my daughter. If you did anything to my daughter, I'll kill you." He had the look in his eyes. I was like "yo dude I've been with nerdy record dudes all day. I haven't seen a woman in like 3 days" And dude keeps reaching. At that point I did the responsible thing and walked back into the hotel and called the police. I was way too tired to deal with this. Then minutes later we had to keep some Baltimore thug from bodying him, after he was all "yo what's up MY NIGGA!"

He eventually got taken in for impersonating an officer and menacing. He told the cops he had been on the force for 8 years!

Time to start rolling with the baseball bat.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    damn dog, you took the BITCH way out!

• DJ_PhillieDJ_Phillie 199 Posts
    spent about $16 at the flea market Sunday and came home w/ these:

LPS
    ====
    + Malcom X - Message to the Grass Roots
    + Mongo Santamaria - Mongomania
    + Art Blakey/Dizzy Gillespie/Al McKibbon/Thelonious Monk/Sonny Stitt/Kai Winding - The Giants of Jazz
    + Stanley Clarke - Journey to love
    + Ramsey Lewis - Goin' Latin
    + Billy Preston - It's My Pleasure
    + George Benson - Blue Benson
    + Jimi Hendrix - Crash Landing
    + Stanley Clarke - Children of Forever
    + Ella Fitzgerald - Ella
    + Switch - Golden Earring
    + Aretha Franklin - Let Me In Your Life
    + Rose Royce - Strikes Again!
    + Archie Bell & The Drells - Dance Your Troubles Away
    + SUN - Wanna Make Love (Come Flick My Bic)
    + Mike Hankinson & The Putney V.C.S. 3 Synthesizer - The Unusual Classical Synthesizer
    + Stanley Turrentine - Cherry
    + Les McCann & Eddie Harris - Swiss Movement
    + Wes Montgomery - A Day in the Life
    + Brian Auger & The Trinity/Julie Driscoll - Streetnoise
    + Temptations - All Directions

+ Ramsey Lewis - Maiden Voyage (BUT w/o the damn record!! )

45s
    =====
    + James Brown - I Got Ants in my Pants Pt. 1 b/w Pt. 15 & 16
    + New Birth - You Are What Im All About b/w Until Its Time For You To Go
    + Booker T & The M.G.s - Heads or Tails b/w Soul Limbo
    + Booker T & The M.G.s - Silver Bells b/w Winter Snow
    + Otis Redding - Papa's Got A Brand new Bag b/w Direct Me
    + Ike & Tina Turner - Poor Fool b/w You Cant Blame Me
    + Chi Lites - Love Uprising b/w I Want To Pay You Back
    + The McCoys - I Can't Explain It b/w Hang On Sloopy

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I haven't seen a woman in like 3 days

location material, any takers?

Hey TheMack. Ask your mom to loan you the car for the weekend and hit you off with some extra change. Then come call me a bitch to my face in Philly next time!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    so what's this???

hungry hungry hypocritter.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

See what happens when you listen to the Beach Boys!!! And they say rap is the music that's harmfull to the youth of America.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Hey TheMack. Ask your mom to loan you the car for the weekend and hit you off with some extra change. Then come call me a bitch to my face in Philly next time!

THUR'S ABOUT TO BE A WHAT!?!?! GIRRRL FIIIIGHT!!! [/b]

• damn dog, you took the BITCH way out!

You did the right thing Jon, the mack would have like you to kill dude but then you would not have made it to the show in philly and someone else would have scooped your records.

You did the right thing Jon, the mack would have like you to kill dude but then you would not have made it to the show in philly and someone else would have scooped your records.

Haha exactly... I had bigger business at hand... besides... when I was 17 I sounded like a little wankster too, so I am not actually heated or offended...

GRIN

Btw, looking like a quasi-ethnic city-slicker, you learn very quickly that when you're out in the sticks, you don't make no sudden moves

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

TheMack is 17??

yes he is legal ladies

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    paycheck, i meant to put a smiley face after that comment, but i guess it didnt get in there.

paycheck, i meant to put a smiley face after that comment, but i guess it didnt get in there.

it's all good holmes I am just having fun

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    yo, TheMack, since you put Dean Stockwell on avatar status (I know you've been feelin' Blue Velvet), you might want to check out this flick:

It's pretty cheesy, but you get to see young Stockwell acting all zooted out, and Sandra Dee getting all demon-seduced...not bad for a pseudo-psychedelic H.P. Lovecraft adaptation...

PS
    Google searching for the image above found me this:

the soundtrack is by Les "Hell Belles" Baxter, released one year later, anybody have/ever see it? That cover with Stockwell makes it priceless alone!

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

the soundtrack is by Les "Hell Belles" Baxter, released one year later, anybody have/ever see it? That cover with Stockwell makes it priceless alone!

yeah, it's not bad. Dark Les Baxter production with breaks. Shouldn't run you more than $30-$35 if you're persistent.