Ken Lay Finds Out Karmas A Bitch

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticl...S-ENRON-LAY.xml Enron founder Ken Lay dead of heart attackWed Jul 5, 2006 10:42am ET HOUSTON (Reuters) - Enron Corp. founder and chief executive Ken Lay, who was convicted in May for his role in the in the Houston-based company's downfall, died of a heart attack on Wednesday at his vacation home in Colorado."Ken Lay passed away early this morning in Aspen," Lay family spokeswoman Kelly Kimberly said in a statement.Lay, 64, was awaiting sentencing later this year and was expected to face a lengthy prison term for his convictions in the Enron collapse.Lay and former Enron Chief Executive Jeffrey Skilling were convicted of fraud and conspiracy for hiding the financial ruin at Enron, which collapsed into bankruptcy in December 2001.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    You know, dude looked older than 64. Saying, something to be said.

But then again I wonder how many people think he pulled a 2pac. That's what I thought at first.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Better than prison, no?

RIP

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    or...

Was it assassination made to LOOK like a heart attack?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    You know, dude looked older than 64. Saying, something to be said.

But then again I wonder how many people think he pulled a 2pac. That's what I thought at first.
    He's caked up enough to make this actually happen...but i doubt it. I'd rather die than spend the rest of my life in prison. especially at 64.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts

quality="high" width="320" height="256" name="movie" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    "Suffered a massive heart attack" (broguht on by a massive overerdose of _________).

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    "Suffered a massive heart attack" (broguht on by a massive overerdose of _________).

ding ding ding

we have a winner

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Ken Lay is alive and well living in hell.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Maybe thats it. Faked death and off to Rio.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Maybe thats it. Faked death and off to Rio.

Rio=hell?

There is the gates of hell scene in Black Orpheus.

By the way I don't go for faked death theories.

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts
    Probly got the cryogenic freeze on. He'll be back in 2050.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    extensive plastic surgery, new identity & presto! you're lampin in Argentina like an ex-Nazi.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    That sucks that he got off so easy. KInda reminds me of when hitler took those cyanide pills in his private bunker.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    That sucks that he got off so easy. KInda reminds me of when hitler took those cyanide pills in his private bunker.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

quality="high" width="320" height="256" name="movie" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

the kind of hard-hitting journalism I've come to expect from Fox News.

"he always wore a tidy blue suit."

"he was always nice to us reporters."

was there even a mention of his slimeball crimes in that little "dispatch" from Houston?!?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I don't like Ken Lay either but uh, dude wasn't exactly on Hitler's level.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

Before everyone gets all up in arms over a Hitler comparison, please bear in mind that few in history have ever been on Hitler's level. That is precisely why comparing someone--like Lay--to Hitler is effective as a form of hyperbole.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

Before everyone gets all up in arms over a Hitler comparison

don't let this dude speak on it:

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Before everyone gets all up in arms over a Hitler comparison

don't let this dude speak on it:

Is he doing the tomahawk chop in that picture?

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    or...

Was it assassination made to LOOK like a heart attack?

I actually kinda half believe this............

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Is that Churchill?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Is he doing the tomahawk chop in that picture?
    This may be the single funniest thing I've ever read on SS!!!!!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Is that Churchill?

Indeed

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts

Are you fucking kidding??? That is a fucked up loophole.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Before everyone gets all up in arms over a Hitler comparison, please bear in mind that few in history have ever been on Hitler's level. That is precisely why comparing someone--like Lay--to Hitler is effective as a form of hyperbole.

I think he was just making a comparison of the fact that he died before paying for his crimes. Not that he was as evil as hitler.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

F'real. Lay's money should be given to the Enron employees he so roundly fucked.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Autopsy of the year

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

F'real. Lay's money should be given to the Enron employees he so roundly fucked.

If Lay cannot legally be found guilty, then hopes of any sort of compensatory package (to be awarded at his sentencing) would have just died with him. If this is indeed the case, then Lay has fucked over his employees one final time.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

If Lay cannot legally be found guilty, then hopes of any sort of compensatory package (to be awarded at his sentencing) would have just died with him. If this is indeed the case, then Lay has fucked over his employees one final time.

The civil case will be against his estate, but they can't use his conviction as leverage because it never happend. They will probably settle anyway, but it will be for a smaller amount.