North Korea

13»

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

if anyone can recommend any (NON BIASED) books, please do.

Now taking bets on how long it will take before someone here suggests "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion".

Careful Paul even mentioning that might get you branded an anti semite around here

b/w

some folks think their own people can't do anything bad. It's like a disorder and not at all exclusive to Jews

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

Careful Paul even mentioning that might get you branded an anti semite around here

Sayin.
    Sometimes I wonder whether I'm on soulstrut or Davy D's forum.

And for the record, if these assholes don't release this kid and he winds up dead, then Israel should most definitely sic Mossad on every Hamas leader they can find.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Sayin.
    Sometimes I wonder whether I'm on soulstrut or Davy D's forum.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

World War 3 Timeline

* Act 2 - Israel at War -- Against her Arab neighbors, possibly Palestine. A Palestinian State will be established, so that all Israelis will be fully separated from Palestinians, only for Israel to viciously attack [/b] Palestine shortly thereafter.

right. because the history of the middle east is replete with examples of Israel attacking her neighbors, and not the other way around.

plus the adjective "viciously" is .

lest there be any mistake as to who is causing WWIII...

I shouldn't say anything but....

Currently Israel is attacking Palestine... Viciously.

Palestine is trying to work out a diplomatic exchange with Israel. Israel does not recognize the Palestine government. Israel refuses to negotiate with Palestine directly or through Egypt.

I am not anti-semetic. But these are simple facts. It is also a fact that an Israeli soldier has been captured (not kidnapped) and that there has been mortor fire from Gaza into Israel. That does not negate the previous facts.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    Gentiles are boring. I wish they'd find some new reasons to hate me. Israel blah, blah, blah. Just kill me because I have better records than you. That would be record related, at least.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

Palestine is trying to work out a diplomatic exchange with Israel. Israel does not recognize the Palestine government. Israel refuses to negotiate with Palestine directly or through Egypt.

I am not anti-semetic. But these are simple facts. It is also a fact that an Israeli soldier has been captured (not kidnapped) and that there has been mortor fire from Gaza into Israel. That does not negate the previous facts.

i dont have time to reply to this but yeah, i dont think you should have said anything you are very misinformed about what is going on and what has happened up to this point

Palestine is trying to work out a diplomatic exchange with Israel.

By kidnapping an Israeli soldier in hopes of bartering an exchange for 1,000's of Palestinian prisoners.
    VERY diplomatic.
    Well, it's worked for them in the past. Why not try again? And again and again?

Israel does not recognize the Palestine government.

Why the fuck SHOULD they recognize Hamas?
    Hamas has NEVER recognized THEM!
    But hell, I wouldn't recognize Hamas either if their entire life's mission was to push me into the sea!
    Please.

It is also a fact that an Israeli soldier has been captured (not kidnapped)

How do you figure it's not a kidnapping?
    You make it sound like he's a P.O.W.
    And if that's the case, shouldn't Israel at the very least know this man's general whereabouts, let alone any kind of a sign as to whether or not the young man is even still alive??
    Funny how there's been all these ransom demands too.
    That kind of stuff usually goes hand in hand with... yup... a KIDNAPPING/HOSTAGE situation.

Back on topic if only for a minute...

NEWSFLASH...

N. Korea missile aimed at area off Hawaii - report

TOKYO (Reuters) - A North Korean missile launched on Wednesday was aimed at an area of the ocean close to Hawaii, a Japanese newspaper reported on Friday.
    Experts estimated the Taepodong-2 ballistic missile to have a range of up to 6,000 km, putting Alaska within its reach. Wednesday's launch apparently failed shortly after take-off and the missile landed in the sea between the Korean peninsula and Japan, a few hundred kilometres from the launch pad.

But data from U.S. and Japanese Aegis radar-equipped destroyers and surveillance aircraft on the missile's angle of take-off and altitude indicated that it was heading for waters near Hawaii, the Sankei Shimbun reported, citing multiple sources in the United States and Japan.

North Korea may have targeted Hawaii to show the United States that it was capable of landing a missile there, or because it is home to the headquarters of the U.S. Pacific fleet, the paper said.

An alternative explanation might be that a missile could accidentally hit land if fired towards Alaska, the report said.

A separate report in the Mainichi Shimbun daily cited U.S. and Japanese government officials as saying a piece of the Taepodong-2 missile fell off immediately after take-off, strengthening the view that the launch was a failure.

• lucerolucero 425 Posts

An alternative explanation might be that a missile could accidentally hit land if fired towards Alaska, the report said.

saying, one of the worst case scenarios would have to be where a missle intended to go over japan actually fell on japan .. gawd forbid

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i just got hit guys

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Back on topic if only for a minute...

NEWSFLASH...

Someone snipe this dude already. I'm sure there's plenty of countries who would volunteer someone for the job.

• Japan ain't worried for shit.
    I'm still convinced that, despite what everybody says about Japan not having any sort of a real military to speak of, that somewhere under Mt. Fuji, they got all sorts of Gundam/Macross-style Mecha at the ready.
    I'm also very seriously convinced that Godzilla is real and that he's a nationalist.

A Japanese friend has told me that the Twin Towers municiple building in Shibuya is actually a transforming robot/spaceship that will wisk away as many Japanese as will fit inside of it if Japan is ever in danger.

Not only that, that are many huge buildings in Japan that look oddly like spaceships...

And Big Site... Everyone knows it's a giant transofrming robot:

Peace...
    FNM

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Japan ain't worried for shit.
    I'm still convinced that, despite what everybody says about Japan not having any sort of a real military to speak of, that somewhere under Mt. Fuji, they got all sorts of Gundam/Macross-style Mecha at the ready.
    I'm also very seriously convinced that Godzilla is real and that he's a nationalist.

A Japanese friend has told me that the Twin Towers municiple building in Shibuya is actually a transforming robot/spaceship that will wisk away as many Japanese as will fit inside of it if Japan is ever in danger.

Not only that, that are many huge buildings in Japan that look oddly like spaceships...

And Big Site... Everyone knows it's a giant transofrming robot:

Peace...
    FNM

post of the day

And Big Chan thinks I'm crazy.

I'm not crazy people!

This shit is REAL like the history of your mother and father!!!

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts

I am not sure why you think a diplomatic exchange of 1,000s of of Palestinian prisoners for one soldier kidnapped not in Gaza proper but over the border is a good faith diplomatic effort to end the stand off. I say kidnapped because "captured" implies you think the Palestinians would be following the Geneva conventions regarding POWs, which any honest observer could not surmise. Take the incident three weeks ago on the beach, Hamas militants affiliated with the government were launching rockets into Israel from essentially a civilian position, on a beach less than 200 yards from a picnicking family! The ruling party in Gaza uses the state funded television to recruit teenagers to become smart bombs. These are two recent examples. But if you look at the rules the Palestinians follow (or don't for that matter), they are technically war criminals. Ofcourse, the left doesn't see it that way, but if the Geneva conventions we hope the Bush administration will resubmit as a guide for our soldiers are to mean anything, then we should hope they apply universally. In this respect, the people who abducted the soldier are kidnappers.

Now Israel has launched a military invasion of the territory it abandoned in August. Since the withdrawal, what have the Palestinians done in the territory now deoccupied. Well they destroyed the synagogues that remained, they launched 1,000 rockets into Sderot and Ashkelon, territory not in dispute according to the two UNSC resolutions that said Gaza was occupied, not to mention the Oslo agreement. If Mexican militants began launching rockets into Texas in August, then the party launching those rockets wins elections in January, and the rocket launching does not stop. How long do you think a democratic president would wait to invade Mexico? What do you think Americans would say about observers calling their incursion into Mexico "vicious" in light of that?

War sucks. And the Israelis bombed an electric relay station. But so far there are no casualties as a result of the Israeli actions. The Palestinians voted for war in January by electing the party of the mortar launchers, the party that encourages adolescent suicide, to a majority in the legislative council. You vote for war, eventually war is what you get. To deny the Palestinians the consequences of their political choices and pretend they are trying to "work out a diplomatic exchange" when they are making war, is to infantalize them. It is to deny that they mean what they say.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

War sucks. And the Israelis bombed an electric relay station. But so far there are no casualties as a result of the Israeli actions.

Vitamin,

No offense since I tend to respect your analysis even when I disagree with your conclusions but uh, are you not reading the same news everyone else is?

Death toll rises in north Gaza despite lull in fighting[/b]
    By Jenny Booth and agencies

The death toll rose again in northern Gaza today as Israeli forces and militants continued desultory exchanges of fire after the bloodiest day of clashes in the strip since Israel withdrew last summer.

Twenty-four Palestinians and one Israeli soldier have now been killed in fighting that broke out in the area after Israeli tanks and troops, backed by aircraft, seized control of a ribbon of land in an attempt to win freedom for a captured soldier and put Israel out of the militants??? increasingly longer rocket range.[/b]

After sunrise, Israel renewed its assault with two airstrikes, killing one militant from the Palestinians??? ruling Hamas Party, and wounding three, party and hospital officials said. The Israeli Defence Force (IDF) said that aircraft fired at four armed Palestinians in an area where there had been exchanges of fire. Two were wounded in the second airstrike, hospital officials said.

In a separate incident, a Palestinian teenager was killed by Israeli tank fire.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Bumper sticker recently seen in Tehran and Pyongyang.

If you outlaw nukes only outlaws will have nukes.