Jaylib vs J-Rocc request (RR)

sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Dear boardmembers,I know in order to receive you have to give (no ayo), but as explained in former threads, I still don't have a connection from my turntables to the computer, so please forgive me for asking this, but I am in desperate need of the jaylib vs j-rocc mix that was around on a seperate cd by the time the jaylib album dropped in 2003. i owned that cd, however, lost the cd, and just have the cover. This is one of my favorite mixes ever, was on constant rotation back when I was chillin in prague, and I am in deep despair since I dont have it nomore...I need it, dayum! Could puleeze someone up this for me? Hit me on the pm or make it public, I dont care, this mix is all I need. I will compensate with a mix by Mr. Dibbs (Live in memphis) or Dj Ivory (Hear no evil part 1)...thanx in advance,peace,s.d.

Comments

• I can make a copy of it and deliver it in person in the first weekend in August

I do actually need hear no evil vol. 1 though

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Boardmember Gloom already was willing to help me out later this day (many thanks, C***s), but I can nevertheless bring a copy with me on the first Augustweekend, ha...

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I have this on 7" I got for free with an order I made around the time.

Is that the same thing? Pic cover and each sides features a minute or two of mixing.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    No it's a seperate mix on Cd of 20 min, where the first 8 tracks are just beats from dilla and madlib intertwined beautifully and after that, track 9 to 24 is a mix of the jaylib album...as I said, one of the most thrilling mixes evar, actually I even prefer listening to this than the album...but I ain't have it nomore..dayum!!

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    No it's a seperate mix on Cd of 20 min, where the first 8 tracks are just beats from dilla and madlib intertwined beautifully and after that, track 9 to 24 is a mix of the jaylib album...as I said, one of the most thrilling mixes evar, actually I even prefer listening to this than the album...but I ain't have it nomore..dayum!!

Yeah I enjoy this mix more than I enjoy the album itself. Used to bump it alllll the time in my headphones the summer that it dropped. I was going to hook you up and hopefully hear that Mr Dibbs mix, since you were talking about it in another thread... oh well. Glad you got the jrocc mix. It's an essential.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    have not a lot of heads heard the dibbs mix? i have that tape somewhere, it's good. i remember it had been forever since he put out turntable scientifics or any of those 1200 hobos tapes (tapes skills..., evolution), and that was a pretty satisfying mix after the wait. if htere's enough demand i suppose it could be transferred and yousendited if i can find the tape...