DOG BITES MAN

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    co-sign.

lucky louis is good too but i dunno, maybe i'm prudish, because it seems a little vulgar.

nothing tops the Office, but that show is in reruns.

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    I have to agree with this and The Office, since Fox took my Arrested Development away. Watched the third episode tonight "The Spring Break" one. It was funny, but I thought the first two episodes were better, although it makes sense to put the funnier stuff earlier in the season with a new show. I am also a huge Upright citizens brigade fan and having Matt Walsh in it is awesome. Zach Galifa... you know the rest is funny in it but doesn't feel like he has a big role. The red haired guy Marty is hilarious too, I've seen him in some Stella stuff. I've never seen the chick before but...I'd for sure tap. I heard it was co-created or something with the producer of the Ali-G show. Lets hope it'll last longer than a season, but it probably won't.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    dog bites man was pretty funny....when that chick rocked the wet t-shirt contest and repped her mortgage rate I laughed out loud...get up in them guts!

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    that rolaids shit last week was hilarious/fucked up... i'm about to go watch the new one right now

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    oh schnaaps thanks for the headz up

now I have something to watch now that bball is over for a few months lol

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    anyone feelin "The Closer" ??? I hate crime shows but Kyra Sedgwick can't be fuked with as the deputy chief of police smarter and trickier and tougher than Columbo.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    on a side note, "man bites dog" is one of the best movies i've seen.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

Yes that one of the funniest and darkest comedies ever...

Thinking of dark movies, anyone here watched "Irreversible" ??? Great movie but will leave you like...

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts

hell yeah.. great movie! i saw it over 10 years ago... but that scene where he "doesn't waste a bullet" on the old lady 'cause he noticed she had a heart condition is classic cinema right there.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i am waiting for dog bites man to hit it's stride, even though i love the cast.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Thinking of dark movies, anyone here watched "Irreversible" ??? Great movie but will leave you like...

yes.

waiting to see Destricted with him and art-types (Matthew Barney, Sam Taylor Wood, Larry Clark, Richard Prince...) directing short sex films.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I haven't enjoyed a new Comedy Central series in many years but stumbled into this one last weeek and thought it was pretty fucking funny.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Thinking of dark movies, anyone here watched "Irreversible" ???

"Take me to THE RECTUM!!!!"

"The What?"

"Take me to THE RECTUM,NOW!!!"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Yes that one of the funniest and darkest comedies ever...

The opening scene of this movie was

(literally)

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    what the fuck is this man bites dog talk? this is the dog bites man thread.

http://homepage.mac.com/silentk/.Music/GutsJB.mp3

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

I clicked on the thread thinking this was about the movie. Such a damn good movie, highly suggested.

• puchitopuchito 374 Posts
    Yeah, this shit is pretty damn hilarious..... worth watching!!!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

my cousin HG in DC is a PA for BET and he's going to need this on CD ASAP.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    if you haven't noticed, since viewing episode three, i've decided that the show has in fact hit it's stride.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    yeah funny shit.

another side note: i just saw the first few seasons of Trailer Park Boys, which is a show from Canada. hilarious!
    Holllywood should snatch this up. was this a hit up there??
    i asssume it mustve been on some cable channel w/ the swears and all.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Zach Galafinakis is the man

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    yeah funny shit.

another side note: i just saw the first few seasons of Trailer Park Boys, which is a show from Canada. hilarious!
    Holllywood should snatch this up. was this a hit up there??
    i asssume it mustve been on some cable channel w/ the swears and all.

Yes it's a hit, it plays on Showcase. The last season wasn't great but the new season is serious

Watched Dog Bites Man for the first time last night (Youtube has the first 2 episodes!). GOOD SHIT, is there only one season so far?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    co-sign.

lucky louis is good too but i dunno, maybe i'm prudish, because it seems a little vulgar.

nothing tops the Office, but that show is in reruns.

The vulgarity of "Lucky Louis" is more or less the selling point...possibly the ONLY one since otherwise, the show is pretty much like any other sitcom about a married couple with problems. A friend read that it was described as "Everybody Loves Raymond...with swearing" and that's pretty accurate.

One thing I will say: it's uncomfortable race politics at least don't sugar-coat race the way that most Americans sit-coms do (at those that actually have people of color on their shows).

But comedy-wise, "Lucky Louis" only really hits a handful out of its total jokes. It also looks like it was shot in the '70s...which may be the point but it's like an overly fake throwback. I'd rather just watch reruns of "Welcome Back Kotter" or something.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

the "two buttholes" conversation from last night's episode was

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i thought last nights ep was pretty weak, aside from the fire in the tampon factory conversation.

is tilly getting drunk going to be a reoccuring joke? because it wasn't that funny the first time.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

the "two buttholes" conversation from last night's episode was

word.."Perimiter". Also when that one dude was on the toilet eating a steak.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Oliver - I'd suggest reading this faq on louie's website. it addresses a lot of your complaints.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i thought last nights ep was pretty weak, aside from the fire in the tampon factory conversation.

is tilly getting drunk going to be a reoccuring joke? because it wasn't that funny the first time.

are you forgetting about alan finger's (great name) campaign to get his mom out of prison for tazing at least 22 dogs, which spurs from the fact that she has the same pheromones as cats?!
    matt walsh was hilarious at the media roundtable (news is like quicksilver), and what about the southern republican's shot-outs for the station: "up next: saved by the bell the college years!"
    last night's episode was highlarious!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    are you forgetting about alan finger's (great name) campaign to get his mom out of prison for tazing at least 22 dogs, which spurs from the fact that she has the same pheromones as cats?

i did completely forget about that subplot. the psa was great.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    hows this show filmed?
    it seems like alot of the people are unsuspecting.