Superunknown ?

2»

Comments

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
    due we dont have mtv up here.

look i had ultramega ok. had screaming life / fop... had louder than love.. hell somebody even gave me the louder than live VIDEO. but soundgarden lost any appeal to me with superunknown.

this being the followup it had even less appeal to me.

its just over produced waaaaay to serious adult contemporary metal.

i mean look at those titles!!! i refuse to listen to anybody with a song called "Like Suicide"

pathetic

i like happy music man.. not shit for 14 year olds to paint their rooms black too...

mmmhh.......I'm talkin abt music, and the riff and sounds of the album are very good.....70's oriented produce is a very good thing to me

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    And y'all think I take the Project Blowed thing too far...I'd be willing to literally fight any idiot who shits on the greatness known as Soundgarden.

.....fight any idiot who shits on the greatness known as Soundgarden.

wow, you show a certain sense of style, cowboy

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    I owned the Superunknown cd for ten years and recently I sold it, cause I wasn't feeling the songs anymore. Too bad.

.....fight any idiot who shits on the greatness known as Soundgarden.

sei solo uno stronzo, coglione di un texano !

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    And y'all think I take the Project Blowed thing too far...I'd be willing to literally fight any idiot who shits on the greatness known as Soundgarden.

Man, this whole discussion is hilarious. Who was the last great rock band? Soundgarden or pavement? Reminds me of some other thread where kids are like "what was the last great rap album? Lords of the underground or Da King and I?"

Im gonna sit back and listen to marco, cause I know the he knows his shit when it comes to rock music.

But I do think the white stripes are quite talented. And probably loads better than soundgarden so ha!

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

But I do think the white stripes are quite talented.

^^^second dumbest statement of the week^^^[/b]
    right behind crapwritas thing about ed being in prison

yeah dude meg white is like the new bonham for our generation

But I do think the white stripes are quite talented.

^^^second dumbest statement of the week^^^[/b]
    right behind crapwritas thing about ed being in prison

yeah dude meg white is like the new bonham for our generation

have you seen em live? They kill it. You're just hating cause shes a girl and you dont think girls can play drums right? Sexist pig.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Has nothing to do with her being a girl. She's just a terrible drummer. However I think that may be a part of their appeal.

Has nothing to do with her being a girl. She's just a terrible drummer. However I think that may be a part of their appeal.

well kinda, its just not really relevant. Its like people that bitch about how mike jones has no lyrical skills. Its just sorta not the point.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Agreed.

If the White Stripes had a decent drummer and a bass player they would be just like a thousand bands out there, thats part of their schtick.

Jack White is starting to look a little freaky lately. Anyone else notice this? He looks like J. Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean with that goofy ass goatee and mustache.

Mike Jones? Who?

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

Mike Jones? Who?

exactly.

But I do think the white stripes are quite talented. And probably loads better than soundgarden so ha!

statement like this above show you the reasons why, nowadays
    1)rock is dead,
    2)eminem make soundtrack for movies abt his own life
    3)and also why Bush Jr has been elected twice.....

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    there hasnt been a decent straight up rock band since Pavement.

(cue sound of hearty chuckling in NC)

(cue the sound of hearty hearty laughter and beer shooting out of a nose in Memphis)

yes, new rock on the radio sucks ass...but there are plenty of good rock bands making music...Fucking Champs, Joint Chiefs, Supagroup, High On Fire, Royal Trux...lots of folks for whom guitars and drums aren't dead yet.
    I suppose there some sack-less, mopey pants bands like Pavement out there also, but I wouldnt know.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

but there are plenty of good rock bands making music...Fucking Champs, Joint Chiefs, Supagroup, High On Fire, Royal Trux...lots of folks for whom guitars and drums aren't dead yet.
    I suppose there some sack-less, mopey pants bands like Pavement out there also, but I wouldnt know.

i said STRAIGHT UP rock.. most of the bands you just mentioned are hard rock / metal.

metal will never die.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    metal will never die.

Barbershop quartets will never die.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    ALL MY FRIENDS ARE alieNDNS, ALL MY FRIENDS ARE BROWN AND RED

i was just listening to "the day i tried to live" and "fell on black days" is one of my favorite riffs, simple and dark.

brownie represent!

• A friend of mine told me a Kim Thayil story just the other day. He had just starting renting a practice space in south Seattle a couple years ago, and one night from the space next door he heard this amazing cover of Black Flag's Rise Above, then Six Pack, then TV Party, then My War--after that, he just had to find out who it was--he goes next door and the door is open--inside is Kim Thayil, Christ Novoselic and Joe Preston (Melvins) and another dude singing.

I wasn't a huge Soundgarden fan, but the guitar tone on Louder than Love was off the geoduck.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Guns 'n Roses[/b] were really the last TRUELY great in the clasic sense of the word ROCK BAND.

And it's just my opinion, but Pavement barely qualifies as rock.

Guns 'n Roses[/b] were really the last TRUELY great in the clasic sense of the word ROCK BAND.

And it's just my opinion, but Pavement barely qualifies as rock.

if you mean abt sex drugs and rock & Roll kind of public attitude,as lifestyle , I agree with you...they were part of the 80's hair bands like Bon Jovi,Motley Crue, etc, but at the tail end of that scene