AbletonLive Lite question - sample editor?

cascas 1,484 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
A quick question...hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I'm kneedeep in a mix and i'd like to be able to eq tracks, but ableton tells me that I have no sampler editor chosen. It's the lite version and I can only use the built in EQ "effects" on 2 tracks during the session. Is there an outside program out there that I can use to eq the samples(tracks)?Peace to the holmeses for helping a SGT. Slaughter out.I truly appreciate it. This mix is mega-important.THANKS!

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    google for audacity and you should be able to use that

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    any wave editor shold work. you on mac? pc? i use soundforge. ableton should recognize that as a working audio editor. pm if you can't find something to download.

g b

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    google for audacity and you should be able to use that

thanks brian.
    to the google toolbar!

gb- i'm pushing a mac on 22's, but i'm saving the sounds as mp3's vs. .wavs. don't ask why...i know no better. i guess a wav editor can freak mp3s too?

thanks for the help out, yall.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

gb- i'm pushing a mac on 22's, but i'm saving the sounds as mp3's vs. .wavs. don't ask why...i know no better. i guess a wav editor can freak mp3s too?

some can, some require plug ins. just depends. hopefully you'll have luck with audacity and everything will be all good. good luck!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    but i'm saving the sounds as mp3's vs. .wavs.
    do not do that

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    Once you get a wav editor (I use audition) there is a spot in the prefrences to tell ableton what you're using.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    just downloaded audacity. i'll work with it tonight and try to learn it. looks like adjusting the eq isn't as easy as turning up a bass nob and turning down the treble.

what's the benefit of saving files as a wav vs. mp3? just easier to manage/edit? i'm trying to step up my digital recording game.

i appreciate the help.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    my bad. i'm saving them as aiff files.

DAAAAAAROOOOOOO!!!