Strut Profession Roll Call (Your Job Related)

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

It only works on unsealed concrete but we are working on other applications as I type.

What happens if the wet spot only covers part of the lettering? Seems like it would only be useful if the entire floor is wet.

It's really designed to be used outside for when it rains....in those cases the entire surface will be wet. It's currently being used at local Garden Centers and will be featured in a few Trade Magazines in the upcoming months.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    Real Estate Developer/Investor.

I am currently looking for all types with some projects i'm building. I play pretty well and listen to raers at the job site, a druggie idiot who may become evangelical Christian seeking to save Hebrew ass from eternal damnation but most likely not

semi retired
    working on semi semi retiring

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Sound tech and A/V & computer dude @ tradeshows.

NMR

Anyone else on here attend or work at tradeshows???

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    slave to corporate interest. referred to in common vernacular as a burned out lawyer.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Real Estate Developer/Investor.

I am currently looking for all types with some projects i'm building. I play pretty well and listen to raers at the job site, a druggie idiot who may become evangelical Christian seeking to save Hebrew ass from eternal damnation but most likely not

semi retired
    working on semi semi retiring

That's what I meant.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I teach every quarter but only one class because if I had to drive to Riverside from LA more than once a week I would have a nervous breakdown and have to commit myself to a mental institution.

Yeah, from where you live, that commute is no joke. Then again, for one quarter, I used to commute to UC Riverside to take a writing class a mentor of mine was teaching. Commuting from the Bay Area that is. Luckily, my sister was attending Scripps at the time so I could fly into Ontario, borrow her car, go to class, come back, fly home (usually with a night stayover in LA). Even from Ontario, that was not a quick drive. Then again, my friend who's a professor there lives in Silverlake and commutes to UCR. Oof.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    I teach photography in the department of art. On rateyourprofessor.com they love me and describe me as a "druggie" which is totally untrue. I don't know how they thought that because my boundries with the students are very good and I never reek like MJ. In fact I don't even smoke.

I teach every quarter but only one class because if I had to drive to Riverside from LA more than once a week I would have a nervous breakdown and have to commit myself to a mental institution.

Next week is the final week so that means more time making art for me this summer.

ap

I am thinking about becoming a photography teacher. I am still in college for photography/graphic design about to enter my senior year with no courses in education---obviously, I'd have to stay longer if I were to make this decision.

How long have you been teaching for? What type of school do you teach at? Do you have a web site? Do you enjoy it? Just curious, answer any or all if possible.

So yo - we have no medical professionals? Wow.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

I think that is probably one profession that doesn't leave much free time for internet posting.

• I am...

A international dealer of rare phonographic records located in Los Angeles, Ca.

An artist who shows with Shane Campbell Gallery in Chicago Il.

A 4th year lecturer in the Department of Art at the University of California Riverside.

What do you lecture on? Damn, how did I not know this?

you should read Wax Poetics, someone did an article on this

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I thought Coselmed had a career in the medical field.

If I recall correctly, she works for a pharmaceutical company but I meant someone who practices some kind of medicine or physical therapeutic work.

I am...

A international dealer of rare phonographic records located in Los Angeles, Ca.

An artist who shows with Shane Campbell Gallery in Chicago Il.

A 4th year lecturer in the Department of Art at the University of California Riverside.

What do you lecture on? Damn, how did I not know this?

you should read Wax Poetics, someone did an article on this

Yeah, I'm just remembering that piece now. I'm disconnected from my own publications. of:

• going to UCR and living in the bay?

O.W. what department is your friend teaching in at UCR? i try to interface quite a bit.

to answer the mans question I teach at the University level, i have been teaching for 4 years, i have a website but it is a secret and i do enjoy it.

you need an MFA to teach art at the college level and it is hella competitive even at the JC level.

and anna i do remember you coming to the house in venice and thank you for calling me bald and scary... i feel awesome.

ap

going to UCR and living in the bay?

O.W. what department is your friend teaching in at UCR? i try to interface quite a bit.

to answer the mans question I teach at the University level, i have been teaching for 4 years, i have a website but it is a secret and i do enjoy it.

you need an MFA to teach art at the college level and it is hella competitive even at the JC level.

and anna i do remember you coming to the house in venice and thank you for calling me bald and scary... i feel awesome.

ap

He's not at UCR any more - just got hired at USC but his name is Josh Kun and he was in the English dept at Riverside. I think he's in a joint hire at USC...I know he's doing stuff with the Annenberg Center there.

He also wrote a great book about race, music and America: Audiotopia and does a lot of stuff around recovering Jewish American musical artifacts.

Josh graduated several years ahead of me from the same grad program at Cal and has been a major mentor on my work, both as a writer and scholar, even though he's mostly lit crit based and I'm sociologized.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I work for a non-profit cataloguing/indexing hundreds of videotaped interviews. Its not bad.

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts

Currently doing time as Project Mgr for a mid-career engineering graduate degree program. Will soon quit said job to go back to school f/t this fall.

• So yo - we have no medical professionals? Wow.

If I recall correctly, she works for a pharmaceutical company but I meant someone who practices some kind of medicine or physical therapeutic work.

im thinking odub is trying to cop some sort of soulstrut medical insurance plan... maybe some kind of acupuncture for a backpack raer payment plan?

im thinking odub is trying to cop some sort of soulstrut medical insurance plan... maybe some kind of acupuncture for a backpack raer payment plan?

Real Headz With Real Back Problemz Know the Deal.

But seriously, I find that intersting.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I work for a government funed non-profit. Basically our agencey provides education, child, and some health to poor families with children under 5 in my county.

I also deejay/make beats/help a homie with lil' label.

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    Currently between jobs, but my last position was doing the music licencing, mainly synch licencing for DVD releases, for a fair to middling sized company. I got sick of being kept on an ad hoc contract while taking on more and more responsibility without any benefit or stability to myself, so bailed. I had a family wedding Canada to attend which I spun out for a couple of months holiday.

So, anyone needing someone such as me or knowing of any similar positions opening up in London feel free to PM me

• I work for a government funed non-profit. Basically our agencey provides education, child, and some health to poor families with children under 5 in my county.

please to holler with program forms...

• I market cookbooks for Wiley publishing. medium

• wyzewayzwyzewayz 303 Posts

Massage therapists?

I start school this fall O-dizzle, 2 years---------by correspondance, that way I can still work but have homework etc.......but I'm not ending there, I've always wanted to be a doctor of Chinese Medicine, since even though I'm caucasian, my grandmother was half chinese/half portugese, so my mom is one quarter each, and I am one eigth each etc...Got into Hsin I T'ai Chi, Qi Gong, Tan Tui, Pa Kua Steps etc... back in '97, so eastern philosophy and practice has always appealed to me and so healing has been something that has appealed to me as well...

right now I manage a skateboard shop, been skating for 15 years, still get free stuff (shoes, clothes, etc...)I Dj lots, Sell records, Promote hip-hop shows in my city: everyone from Masta Ace to Aceyalone to Emo-rap which sometimes I lose on and sometimes I make $thousands, sometimes tour and play throughout western canada, although that is challenging cuz there's lots or records do dig for locally and I'm often booked in town..........all depends on how the planets are aligned I guess.

full time Dad, born '77...

gettin married next year-----hyped.

kinda sorta simply summs it up.

• progbeatzprogbeatz 451 Posts
    I'm a horse whisperer.

• Rory_TateRory_Tate 16 Posts
    days: audio operator for live television

nights: dj/producer/engineer

• I handle marketing for Metropark, a mall based fashion boutique like store. duties include alot of different things like booking dj's in one of our 16 stores, putting together all instore collateral, programming music and art into the store and whole bunch of other stuff. but the company is pretty dope and planning on going public which works forfor my future wallet...

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts
    Im a jack-of-all-trades for The Childrens Museum of Richmond Virginia. Im in the facilities/exhibits department. I fix what the kids break. Also a sociology major in school.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    concert promoter in theaters & arenas (not much club-level shit)

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    Management consultant to the US government on organizational planning issues. Currently working with the US Army and Dept. of Homeland Security. Inside the Beltway type of stuff. I get to go inside the Pentagon now and then, that building is f-ing HUGE.