Busta Big Bang Post

JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
No talk of this yet?? Its pretty good. Best Busta effort in awhile. Lovin the Stevie Wonder song, the Rick James song and the one with Tip. Dre definitely did a good job putting this album together. Not all of the songs are crazy but it all fits pretty nicely.

Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    illegal downloadables plaese??

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    No talk of this yet?? Its pretty good. Best Busta effort in awhile. Lovin the Stevie Wonder song, the Rick James song and the one with Tip. Dre definitely did a good job putting this album together. Not all of the songs are crazy but it all fits pretty nicely.

It's okay. I don't think it's the major event NY Radio is trying to play it up as. And I don't think it's the album to firmly reestablish New York's identity as a lot of people are hoping, either.

I think it will catch a lot of hate for not measuring up to what it's been billed as.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    "They can't hold the torch/so why pass it?"

J-Weezy,

It's funny 'cause I downloaded a fake advance a few weeks ago, thought it was the real deal and then proceeded to review it for Amazon of:

Luckily, the real advance leaked and the review hasn't run yet so I haven't looked too fucking foolish yet. The actual album was a lot better than a bunch of random mixtape songs thrown together (which isn't the case always). Busta is definitely on a lot more "grown" topicality which should appeal to the Little Brother/De La Soul crowd. The beats are pretty solid in many cases - I'm feeling:

Cocaina

You Can't Hold A Torch (even if it's just "Lyrics to Go" rewarmed)

New York Shit (but it's fucking wack that they dumped the shout-outs but left on that weak ass bullshit from Swizz)

Been Through the Storm

Goldmine

I Love My Bitch

I didn't like the Rick James song ("In the Ghetto") as much as you...I didn't think James worked on here and the beat was just a'ight. I wasn't crazy about the beat on the Nas song ("Don't Get Carried Away" but I liked parts of Nas' verses however.

There's a few "generic" songs on here...the Missy song ("How We Do It Over Here") and "Get Down" - not bad per se, but not likely to get much repeated listening love.

But all in all I agree with you - it's better than I would have expected.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    should appeal to the Little Brother/De La Soul crowd

With their massive marketplace muscle...

I didn't like the Rick James song ("In the Ghetto") as much as you...I didn't think James worked on here and the beat was just a'ight.

I thought Busta was the element of that track that should have probably been cut...

should appeal to the Little Brother/De La Soul crowd

With their massive marketplace muscle...

My sarcasm wasn't implicit enough the first time?

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

J-Weezy,

It's funny 'cause I downloaded a fake advance a few weeks ago, thought it was the real deal and then proceeded to review it for Amazon of:

have you written anything about busta's refusal to give up the guy who shot his bouncer?

i remember seeing a few minor things on the net when the news first broke, but i'm surprised that more legitimate news sources haven't called him out. while we obviously don't know the full story, i can't imagine there being a justifiable reason for him not cooperating with the cops...considering his bouncer/friend died taking a bullet that was supposedly aimed at him.

a few months ago, david mays was on the (former) star and buckwild show and layed into busta pretty thoroughly. weeks later, he re-appeared on star's radio show (via telelephone interview) and said that as a result of his prior comments, busta's people confronted him at a miami club and broke a champagne bottle over his head. benzino then got on the phone and proceeded to make literal death threats at busta!!

anyway, is there a missing piece anyone can add to this story (not the david mays thing)? sounds like busta's actions are the essence of

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

It's okay. I don't think it's the major event NY Radio is trying to play it up as. And I don't think it's the album to firmly reestablish New York's identity as a lot of people are hoping, either.

I think it will catch a lot of hate for not measuring up to what it's been billed as.

Its a strong 3.5 or maybe 3.75. Definitely not a classic.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I'm surprised there haven't been more think pieces and wanky meditations on STOP SNITCHIN in general.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I'm surprised there haven't been more think pieces and wanky meditations on STOP SNITCHIN in general.

There were plenty just use the search feature at the bottom of the page.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I mean in the press.

• I'm surprised there haven't been more think pieces and wanky meditations on STOP SNITCHIN in general.

Forgive the expression, but JEEBUS that's perfect.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    i can't imagine there being a justifiable reason for him not cooperating with the cops...considering his bouncer/friend died taking a bullet that was supposedly aimed at him.

If someone had aimed a bullet at me i wouldn't want the cops sticking their noses into it. Sounds like a good way to get another.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    i can't imagine there being a justifiable reason for him not cooperating with the cops...considering his bouncer/friend died taking a bullet that was supposedly aimed at him.

If someone had aimed a bullet at me i wouldn't want the cops sticking their noses into it. Sounds like a good way to get another.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

HOT!!!! put it on a T-SHirt for me.