hate is the new "education" (Jewish/Muslim rel)

Dabney_SoulmanDabney_Soulman 890 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
I've recieved a couple e-mails fro members of Orange County's Hillel and the ADL about an event happening at the University of California, Irvine called "Holocaust In The Holy Land". This might not matter much to people outside of Orange County but IMO this is ugly and incredibly fucked up. This stuff is making noise with the local Jewish community and deservedly so. With lectures going on like "Israel: The 4th Reich" this shit is stupid and inciteful.heres an article on it by the LA timeshttp://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-holocaust12may12,0,3027401.story?coll=la-home-localheres the link to the MSU website for IrvineI find it disgusting that directly above the events promotion is the words "As-salamu `alaykum"

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    yeah I was reading the whole program for the event the other day. real hateful stuff. fuck these guys. Irvine's MSU is notorious among the UC's for inviting hate speakers. even worse than Berkeley and SF State in my opinion. never mind that this group receives UC $$$, i.e. MY TAX DOLLARS/UC FEES. i hope there's a fire in the building.

not so that people die; just so the event is cancelled. 'course they would just blame it on the Jews anyway. second thought I wouldn't mind if Norm Finkelstein was injured in the fire, though.

By the way the MSU has documented ties to the Saudis. this is not lizardoid shit; the Saudi gov't actually gives money to these student groups to preach intolerance on campus. you know, our allies the Saudis.

• yeah I was reading the whole program for the event the other day. real hateful stuff. fuck these guys. Irvine's MSU is notorious among the UC's for inviting hate speakers. even worse than Berkeley and SF State in my opinion. never mind that this group receives UC $$$, i.e. MY TAX DOLLARS/UC FEES. i hope there's a fire in the building.

not so that people die; just so the event is cancelled. 'course they would just blame it on the Jews anyway. second thought I wouldn't mind if Norm Finkelstein was injured in the fire, though.

Word, Los Angeles area campuses have had some serious inflammatory shit over this issue before. I got people out there talking on campuses about why to hate the jews and I'm paying for this shit.

This shit realy sucks cause I got friends in MSU's at various LA area campuses. I hardly support the local branch of Hillel and their stance on Israel but I sure as hell don't stand for the destruction of a state or its people. This type of hate has no business being sponsored or endorsed by a place of education.

By the way the MSU has documented ties to the Saudis. this is not lizardoid shit; the Saudi gov't actually gives money to these student groups to preach intolerance on campus. you know, our allies the Saudis.

I'd like to know more about this, do you have any material to back it up?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I hardly support the local branch of Hillel and their stance on Israel

Word? what's your local Hillel?

I'll dig up some articles later and PM you.

• I hardly support the local branch of Hillel and their stance on Israel

Word? what's your local Hillel?

yes. Trust me they are assholes, I was pushed by some of the members to run for president last semester but was told by the president at the time that my views of equality between arabs and Jews have no place here. After that I decided to no longer atend meetings or functions.

A second organization started up on campus called M.E.S.S. (Middle Eastern Student Society). Hillel had issues with them before the group was formally created, I'm more than sure it had to do with the fact that Muslims would be involved.

I'll dig up some articles later and PM you.

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts
    That's effed up that they told you you couldn't participate in hillel because of your views on Arab Israeli conflict. I can definitely feel this MSU by the way. In Cairo it's conventional wisdom that Jews conspired to bring down the towers on 9-11. That said, one on one Egyptians I meet are some of the most humble and generous people I have ever met. A disconnect. The Saudi thing is effed up.

• BlightyBlighty 225 Posts
    i hope there's a fire in the building.

Who's pushing hate here? Stating on a public message board that you'd like to see a building set on fire, another human being hurt in that fire and his right to free speech removed is a pretty hateful and pretty dangerous thing to do. What's Finkelstein done to inspire such hatred and such oppressive ideas?