wolfmother: yay or nay?

shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
i've given up on today's rock bands for quite some time now because most of them play like pussies. my homie hipped me to wolfmother and i thought these guys came correct. especially that "love train" track. any thoughts on their new album? and any recommendations for other similar bands?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    What's a rock band?

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    I say yay, but we'll see how long I saw that for. I saw their ep about a year ago and I really liked it. Every song is good. I like how their style is stripped down but still has a really big sound. To me they sound like Led Zeppelin to make an easy comparison. I think the singer even sounds like Robert Plant at times. But are now we gonna see a bunch of cash in bands if this is the next rock "style" ? Plus I saw an ad for them when I opened my Myspace the other day and thought, Oh Shit! Great. Hopefully blowing up doesnt make their music suck.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

"Those dudes celebrate my entire catalog."

"Wow, Billy, you too?"

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    NAY

i saw these guys play live on some TV show and both my self and my wife were in near TEARS of laughter they were sooooo fucking horrible.

then they were interviewed and spent alot of time taling about playing hackey sack and digiridoos on bondi beach

soooo lame it was PAINFUL

if you think these guys rock you need to check out another horrible band... canada's very own Tea Party... take the most obvious of kashmirian zep rippoffs and meld it to the pretension of the doors with a healthy dosage of world music and electronic beats and voila:

can somebody please post the carrot top roid rage jpg to hammer home how lame these wolf mother fools are???

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts
    stick to black mountain and a handful of oldies and you'll be fine...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

I lump Black Mountain into the category of present day poseurs as well

Hell, avoid any current band with 'black' or 'wolf' in its name for starters... and thats a whole lot

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

avoid any current band with 'black' or 'wolf' in its name for starters

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

i need this record if its as hot as the one track you posted!!!

i need this record if its as hot as the one track you posted!!!

It's not all hard rock, but it's heavy and the psychy/stoner ballads are cool too.

Let me put it to you this way: I told a metal dealer at a record show about this band, and within 10 minutes he had gone to another metal dealer, listened to a CD, bought it, and told me "These guys kick Led Zeppelin's ASS!"

(disclaimer: he was the only good ol' boy I've ever met who hated Led Zeppelin)

• francislaifrancislai 371 Posts
    i've given up on today's rock bands for quite some time now because most of them play like pussies. my homie hipped me to wolfmother and i thought these guys came correct. especially that "love train" track. any thoughts on their new album? and any recommendations for other similar bands?

take that shit to spin magazine .com

threads like this make me puke, please stop.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    threads like this make me puke, please stop.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Yay ... It's a pretty good album...reinventing the wheel...they are not

• threads like this make me puke, please stop.

great!

• bloodcellbloodcell 208 Posts

Hell, avoid any current band with 'black' or 'wolf' in its name for starters... and thats a whole lot

why do all these bands use the name "wolf" these days?

typical indie(not) bullshit.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    After hearing a bit, my thoughts are - good bar band, but not fit for mass consumption. They should have named themselves Led Zeppelica.

• jbarkerjbarker 71 Posts
    I'm not really feeling them.
    A lot of my mates love them, and I'd heard a lot about them before actually hearing them, but my first thoughts were the obvious Led Zep comparison.
    I tend to go for newer shoe gazing shit and older rock.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

why do all these bands use the name "wolf" these days?

typical indie(not) bullshit.

i cant even think of any other than wolf eyes?

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts

different strokes...
    good people making honest music... don't know how they come off in the press, but they def not poseurs... mcbean's been at this a long time... jerk with a bomb RIP...
    lates

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

i just fell out of my chair.

jesus

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    can somebody please post the carrot top roid rage jpg to hammer home how lame these wolf mother fools are???