Are CAPRIS a GOOD LOOK?!?

13»

Comments

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    i dont get it

i really don't either!... it's just some funny shit that an old redneck dude said... i'm not sure how many old redneck dudes you know, but that's how it usually goes... they say some shit, and i die laughing whether it was intended to be funny or not

• tjamestjames 156 Posts
    I also wouldn't wear Bball shorts either (see second post/ first response to thread). FORM FOLLOWS FUNCTION / FORM IS FUNCTION!!!!

tjames

would you wear a baseball cap? a pair of jeans? Sneakers?

FASHION FOLLOWS...

My reference to Bball shorts was loose, and not to be interpreted as extreme (my apologies), but yes I leave my ball shorts on the court and no I don't wear a "baseball" cap. Why(?), because I'm not a baseball fan. The choices I make regarding fashion/ clothing/ footwear are very pragmatic (function, material durability etc.). And no I don't have a spear gun. My point was that there is nothing wrong w/ Tevas, they serve a function and they serve it well. Do I find them stylish? No. Do I think it's stylish to wear water-logged Jordans or wing-tipped brogues while maneuvering a stream? No, it looks foolish.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I also wouldn't wear Bball shorts either (see second post/ first response to thread). FORM FOLLOWS FUNCTION / FORM IS FUNCTION!!!!

tjames

would you wear a baseball cap? a pair of jeans? Sneakers?

FASHION FOLLOWS...

My reference to Bball shorts was loose, and not to be interpreted as extreme (my apologies), but yes I leave my ball shorts on the court and no I don't wear a "baseball" cap. Why(?), because I'm not a baseball fan. The choices I make regarding fashion/ clothing/ footwear are very pragmatic (function, material durability etc.). And no I don't have a spear gun. My point was that there is nothing wrong w/ Tevas, they serve a function and they serve it well. Do I find them stylish? No. Do I think it's stylish to wear water-logged Jordans or wing-tipped brogues while maneuvering a stream? No, it looks foolish.

Here is a far more stylish option for maneuvering a stream.

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts

In defense of tevas... they're great for what they're intended for: outdoor water pusuits etc: swimming in rivers w/ excessive rocks

If I see you in a pair of these, you better be knee-deep in some rushing water with a damn speargun slung over your shoulder. Otherwise you are getting brutally clowned.

thanks, Faux. I now have Mt. Dew all over my flatscreen... not gettin' in the middle but that shit's damn funny.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    at my old job, this girl came in wearing capris one day, and an old, country guy that worked there said, "jen, i believe your shoes threw a party and forgot to invite your pants"

and capris on dudes are a horrible, horrible look

was this a maryland redneck? i had a friend who spent a couple summers working in a factory out there (w/ a co-worker named "Buck Owenings") and he has alot of stories like that...

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    was this a maryland redneck?

greenville, north carolina... i would imagine that they are similar to the maryland variety... when i quit my last job (my boss was another old redneck dude), i told him i was giving him my two weeks, and he said, "damn, you were about three weeks from being worth a shit"

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

(sorry lady)

my Transdar is going off.

I think you got yourself a post soccer dad loin-tucker right there.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    whoa. you're good.

but i bet she still would like to be referred to as a lady...

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    whoa. you're good.

i learnt the hard way.

• stilldigginstilldiggin 223 Posts
    capri is the girls shiet, for the um..boys? its "SHANTS"
    SHANTS are

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I roll my pants up to capripedalpusherclamdigger length, and roll okabashi's when I water the plants in my private mind garden. I saw a sf dj once named either the coolot king or cool akeem? (I couldn't see what he was wearing behind the decks)

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I saw a sf dj once named either the coolot king or cool akeem? (I couldn't see what he was wearing behind the decks)

I believe the name you're grasping for is Culotte King Most.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I saw a sf dj once named either the coolot king or cool akeem? (I couldn't see what he was wearing behind the decks)

... and it's a good thing you didn't look behind the decks. Dude's always in my ear about how liberating it is to DJ in the buff.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    In defense of tevas... .......tjames

TEVAJAMES

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

*ahem* So those aren't capri's you're wearing when your showing off your tribal calf tattos, but rather long shorts?