Are CAPRIS a GOOD LOOK?!?

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Dudes seriously man-pris are the worst of looks. There is no way to look gayer, quicker, than to throw on some shortpants.

That said, if you are gay, and want to scream it out to the world, this might be the right look for you.

If you are French-Canadian, cop 'em in some neon orange!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Well, it appears that we are not the only ones trying to wade through this muck of confusion:

Men's Capri Pants Discussion

"Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken here, but don't men's capri pants make baby Jesus cry?"

men pull them off a bit better than women, as long as they're not sporting some divorced dad on the prowl /ricky martin/i wish i was a model look.

i love the more 70's cuts for the ladies (a-line cut), but some might call those culottes...? too may women in capri pants look like they are wearing their PJs out on the street.

(sorry lady)

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Dudes seriously man-pris are the worst of looks. There is no way to look gayer, quicker, than to throw on some shortpants.

That said, if you are gay, and want to scream it out to the world, this might be the right look for you.

I dunno man, it's not my style, but there's a whole section of Philly Muslims you might want to memo this to.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

I dunno man, it's not my style, but there's a whole section of Philly Muslims you might want to memo this to.

THOSE ARE JEAN SHORTS!!!!!

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

Non-denim joints get flexed, too...

If there's a song out about Vans, there's got to be one about short pants!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

For real, and why your at it get your neck beard on with the black dye to make it look full.

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    dude no

For real, and why your at it get your neck beard on with the black dye to make it look full.

What is this kind called:

Sort of a chin strap/neck beard hybrid?

• tjamestjames 156 Posts
    "Loose fitting" capri pants have a place. For example, when you go to an event or restaurant where polished casual attire is required - like dinner with your in-laws while on vacation. You want to wear shorts but you don't want your crotch at your knees, why(?), because you know your mother-in-law thinks it looks like you just sh!t yourself.

tjames

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

"Hickey Hideaway"

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

This shit is called the neck scrotum.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

"Hickey Hideaway"

I've heard it called the "Cunkle," and those who rock it refered to as "Uncle Cunkle".

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    That's the C. Everett Koop. As my dad says, "That's like lookin' at the world through a toilet seat."

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Some looks are so bad that it is acceptable to dislike people--no matter how nice they may actually be--on the sole basis of the look.

This is one such look.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

Some looks are so bad that it is acceptable to dislike people--no matter how nice they may actually be--on the sole basis of the look.

This is one such look.

Yes; while capris at least warrant debate, this is pretty much an open and shut case.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Most dudes are too scared to wear 'em.

They don't know how to properly accessorize 'em with a pair of flip-flops, a half-unbuttoned linen shirt, and a wide-brimmed hat.Air Force Ones, a buttoned-up striped pink shirt and a brief case[/b]

OK, next case:

What the FUCK is going on here?

I can't figure out if it's a black guy with an Amish beard that was Photoshopped to a white dude or WHAT.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

I believe that right there is a facial mullet

This is one such look.

Yes; while capris at least warrant debate, this is pretty much an open and shut case.

To be honest, I don't think the capri debate should have stretched onto a second page. All one really needs to know about capris is that if your name is not Reynaldo, it is not a look you should attempt.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Johnny Paycheeks SF vacation revealed!

Johnny Paycheeks[/b] SF vacation revealed!

C'mon, dude--you know that's not him.

Not all bears look the same.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    good burn from both of you.

i feel it.

just to reiterate: i would never wear capris.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts

The placement of that hair makes it look like a grown man emerging from the birth canal....

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Never.
    And a lot of style sections and Gap-type stores have been tryin' to mainstream this bullshit.

Throw in a pair of these while your at it.........

• tjamestjames 156 Posts
    Never.
    And a lot of style sections and Gap-type stores have been tryin' to mainstream this bullshit.

Throw in a pair of these while your at it.........

In defense of tevas... they're great for what they're intended for: outdoor water pusuits etc: swimming in rivers w/ excessive rocks, cliff jumping, hiking up streams..... They're durable, repairable, and effective. True I wouldn't wear Tevas in the street, but I also wouldn't wear Bball shorts either (see second post/ first response to thread). FORM FOLLOWS FUNCTION / FORM IS FUNCTION!!!!

tjames

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I also wouldn't wear Bball shorts either (see second post/ first response to thread). FORM FOLLOWS FUNCTION / FORM IS FUNCTION!!!!

tjames

would you wear a baseball cap? a pair of jeans? Sneakers?

FASHION FOLLOWS...

In defense of tevas... they're great for what they're intended for: outdoor water pusuits etc: swimming in rivers w/ excessive rocks

If I see you in a pair of these, you better be knee-deep in some rushing water with a damn speargun slung over your shoulder. Otherwise you are getting brutally clowned.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    at my old job, this girl came in wearing capris one day, and an old, country guy that worked there said, "jen, i believe your shoes threw a party and forgot to invite your pants"

and capris on dudes are a horrible, horrible look

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    your shoes threw a party and forgot to invite your pants"

i dont get it, but that shit had me cracking up.