No Diggity (and whatcha know?)

DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
Well, i had to share this story, but i wanted to open it up and see what else can come out of the woodwork here. So please to share your stories and rumors of washed up foolishness.i was at Ortlieb's in Philly on sunday for my girl's birthday and their Open Jam with a pretty nice quartet. There was a waitress there throwing back a few Bass (so many that she didnt leave any behind for this dude) and she was overheard telling this story:One of the guy's from Blackstreet comes in there all the time, gets a table, gets all boozed up and then gets up and sings. She said it is horrible. She went on to say that she was bending over to pickup something up off the floor and he reached out and moved her hair out of the way so he could look down her shirt So what stories do you guys have about 'yesterday's heroes'. (no one in Blackstreet has ever been my hero)

Comments

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I can't help myself when it comes to cleavage. Sometimes it's hard being smooth when your buzzed up. Last time I went to Ortleibs, some woman got up and sang with the band. She sucked. So bad we had to leave. I know the bartender was hating her as well. As far as washed up stars...I got nuthin....

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Yeah, there was one guy on sunday who got up and sang one song, not a highlight. There was some young talent there this week and they were all pretty good. This one kid was doing good things one the guitar but he was pretty damn timid. He was turned down real low and the guy running the jam was trying to egg him on but no dice. I only heard him when i stood outside the bathroom right in front of the stage.

Oh yeah, cleavage works.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,894 Posts
    Shaun Ryder hanging around the mensroom in a Manchester bar asking anyone who would listen for coke. Not the drinking kind.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    I can't help myself when it comes to cleavage.

there's probably not a straight man on earth that can resist glancing at cleavage when it makes itself known, but moving a girl's hair out of the way to get a better look =

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I saw a very drunk Chris Sabo hitting on some college girls once. We got him to autograph a beer mug for our friends birthday...

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Old Iggy Pop sat down next to me at a Beck show some years ago and proceeded to try to pick up a girl who looked about 15....

I can't help myself when it comes to cleavage.

there's probably not a straight man on earth that can resist glancing at cleavage when it makes itself known, but moving a girl's hair out of the way to get a better look =

Oh shit! I thought he was moving his own hair out of the way
    Moving the girls hair out of the way is a ballsy move....

Oh by the way I love the Orleibs jazz house....That used to be my old neighborhood.... R.I.P Poor Henry's

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Oh by the way I love the Orleibs jazz house....

The food is . They have some of the best ribs in the city.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    The shrimp and rice dish is literally and i was all over it.

Ortlieb's is such an easy place to relax in, regardless of whether you end up standing the whole time or not. i've never had a bad experience (then again i haven't been there for any Blackstreet sessions). The Ron Carter lookalike is really nice on the upright, too.

I never had the food there just the jazz and some beers...