Country hip hop cover

ladydayladyday 623 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
What hip hop joint would make a good country song? It can be ironic or whatever. This is for a real project.

Comments

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Arrested development - tennessee

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The Message - Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five

George Jones Sings The Message

Dolly Parton does Lets Talk About Sex

George Strait sings Lean Back

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I think there is a country version out of some snoop song, I think it was "Gin & Juice" by this guy called mike so and so, can't remember the last name, but I think the version he did was a bit countryish....

how about "Tried by 12"?

I think there is a country version out of some snoop song, I think it was "Gin & Juice" by this guy called mike so and so, can't remember the last name, but I think the version he did was a bit countryish....

how about "Tried by 12"?

I think Hayseed Dixie does gin & juice

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Mac Dre - Out There

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    Country Grammer - Nelly

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    The Message - Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five

George Jones Sings The Message

I hear this more as a bluegrass song. I think rap would go bluegrass much better than country. The trick is to play it as fast as possible, with a high tenor lead.

Dan

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    on a kinda related note, i "visited" wyclef in the studio when he was working on that album where he did his version of The Gambler and he played it and i had to fight to keep a straight face and keep my mouth shut while all around him, hangers-on, and management were bobbing their heads ferociously. I was really glad when that album tanked and confirmed that i do have SOME taste...

• on a kinda related note, i "visited" wyclef in the studio when he was working on that album where he did his version of The Gambler and he played it and i had to fight to keep a straight face and keep my mouth shut while all around him, hangers-on, and management were bobbing their heads ferociously. I was really glad when that album tanked and confirmed that i do have SOME taste...

Canibus and Biz did a world class rendition of the Johnny Paycheck opus "Take This Job and Shove It" that can be heard on the ending credits of Office Space

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    on a kinda related note, i "visited" wyclef in the studio when he was working on that album where he did his version of The Gambler and he played it and i had to fight to keep a straight face and keep my mouth shut while all around him, hangers-on, and management were bobbing their heads ferociously. I was really glad when that album tanked and confirmed that i do have SOME taste...

Canibus and Biz did a world class rendition of the Johnny Paycheck opus "Take This Job and Shove It" that can be heard on the ending credits of Office Space

Yeah, I love that song!

• Rob_SevierRob_Sevier 150 Posts
    What hip hop joint would make a good country song?

"Damn it Feels Good to Be A Gangsta"

• Rob_SevierRob_Sevier 150 Posts
    What hip hop joint would make a good country song?
    Come to think of it, "P-Funk" by AMG already has a sort of a "country feel."

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    Square Dance Rap - Sir Mix-A-Lot

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

how about "Tried by 12"?

I believe it was The Gourds that did that song...I was in college when that came out, and it won Ubiquitous College Radio song for a while there.

• Ian_DIan_D 120 Posts
    Beatnuts - Hot , Hank Williams Style ?
    KRS One - You Must Learn - Garth Crookes Style kind of cheese ballad ??
    Spoonie G - The Godfather - Johhny Cash??
    L L Cool J - Jingling baby - John Denver old country Style

Man, that really tested the grey matter hope they were up to scratch!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

how about "Tried by 12"?

I believe it was The Gourds that did that song...I was in college when that came out, and it won Ubiquitous College Radio song for a while there.

fucking fuck. i hate that shit.

BTW--what's that GetoBoys song that uses Sweet Home Alabamee? i forgot.

how about "Tried by 12"?

You're right it is the gourds. My bad. I like their version of gin & juice. Definately novelty, but I'm cool with that....

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    billy ray cypress hill

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

the Def American LP "geto boys" version of Gangster of Love...

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    Thanks everyone, these were some great suggestions. I'll throw 'em at the wall and see what sticks.