How many folls on here don't collect records? (rr)

2»

Comments

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    Get on my motherfucking level.

next time The Rub doing a show in HK. its on!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Get on my motherfucking level.

Mp3 DJing is Gay. So is CDJing. So is vynil DJing. I just plug a mic into the mixer and hum that hot shit for a whole set. Bitches show their titties. I'm a HumDJ.

get on MY motherfucking level!!!!!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    level

I sit on my couch and, after the tubes warm up, the ghost of Hank Mobley stops in. That other stuff hurts my ears.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Mp3 DJing is Gay. So is CDJing. So is vynil DJing. I just plug a mic into the mixer and hum that hot shit for a whole set. Bitches show their titties. I'm a HumDJ.

get on MY motherfucking level!!!!!

SG

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    thank you for not collecting records and collecting mp3's...more raers for me!

one nice thing about records is that they aren't digitally compressed mp3's.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    thank you for not collecting records and collecting mp3's...more raers for me!

one nice thing about records is that they aren't digitally compressed mp3's.

Real life is analog so I stick to analog sources.

Collecting is for losers, I just bring records to my house.

Real life is analog so I stick to analog sources.

Collecting is for losers, I just bring records to my house.

yes! nice point about the analog analogy. pun intended. and yes, when you are deep into collecting it's not really collecting anymore. i am not trying to build up a collection...i'm just constantly on a hunt. for music. but from analog sources.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Oh yeah, there's this primitive hunting instinct, the bringing the goods home thing. I totally believe in that.

actually now that i think about it...especially while typing on my IMAC and posting on the INTERNET...i'm not so sure i do live in an analog world!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Real life is analog
    very nice! yes.

it's nitpicky, but i really don't feel like i collect records (things), but that i buy music i really like/love...there just happens to be a lot of it.

great book and movie.

Oh yeah, there's this primitive hunting instinct, the bringing the goods home thing. I totally believe in that.

Totally.

b/w

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I went through a "fuck records , MP3s, please" phase. Sold off maybe 2000 / 5000 records. The Expedit had gaps and I started to panic. There is no feeling like coming home to a room full of records. The smell is so sweet, my daughter loves to look at the covers and watch the record spin, and non-record collector visitors think I'm cool. Plus they sound better.

Digging for MP3s does not create the same rush and excitement that digging for records does. Plus there are memories attached to the physical vinyl that MP3s cannot touch. They are souless and cold and honestly do not sound that great at home or in the club.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I went through a "fuck records , MP3s, please" phase. Sold off maybe 2000 / 5000 records. The Expedit had gaps and I started to panic. There is no feeling like coming home to a room full of records. The smell is so sweet, my daughter loves to look at the covers and watch the record spin, and non-record collector visitors think I'm cool. Plus they sound better.

Digging for MP3s does not create the same rush and excitement that digging for records does. Plus there are memories attached to the physical vinyl that MP3s cannot touch. They are souless and cold and honestly do not sound that great at home or in the club.

There were always LOADS of records around when I was growing up, from my uncles' KISS and Iron Maiden with the amazing/scary sleeves, another uncle's wall of R&B and country-rock, my dad's shaped picture discs of 80s pop shit... all this left a major imprint on my little brain...

[delusional]Chicks want to fuck dudes with records.[/delusional]

BTW, here's how he thought the future bachelor pads might look:

REALITY:

No wonder why kids these days are addicted to jacking off.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I don't collect records. I just DJ. There is a huge difference.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

that couch as a chair is so sad

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    can't say i have ever seen an oscilloscope and a microwave that close to each other before. interesting.

i feel what most of y'all are saying. i agree with most of it as well. except the djing with mp3s being gay part. i broke my back 6-7 years ago, and the fact that i can roll to a gig with a backpack with my hard drive in it fucking rules. not too mention i am always prepared for any party. and i don't have to spend money on club hits that last a month and nobody wants to hear anymore. but most shit i play i would like to find on record if i don't already have it.

man, all this talk makes me want to go buy a record of some shit i have never heard before...

and fr*nk, probably got a gig for you coming up this summer, not sure when yet, but we want you to play with us. and that studio party is the 18th, so mark your calendar if you are still down. probably be a 6 to 9, after work type event.

and fr*nk, probably got a gig for you coming up this summer, not sure when yet, but we want you to play with us. and that studio party is the 18th, so mark your calendar if you are still down. probably be a 6 to 9, after work type event.

you know it. hopefully I won't sell all my records by then.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I have a 5x5 Expedit that is 90% full and 5 boxes of 45's, but I haven't bought a single piece of vinyl in the last 6 months. I don't DJ anymore and the time in my life when I could be out "digging" and all that crap has passed. I'm busy playing with my kids, working on my house and doing square shit like that. I still love music just as much, but spending all day in dusty shops is a bad time investment for me nowadays. Limewire and Soulseek are a godsend to me as far as new music goes, and if I find the vinyl one day, great. But I can't lose sleep over stuff like that anymore.

I tend to think that some (Many?) of the collectros that go out and buy 50 records every weekend end up not loving the music they buy much anyway, they never get the chance to really listen to it and live with and have it become part of them. If you have that much music to sort through all the time how much time do you spend really listening, as opposed to needle dropping and filing stuff away if it doesn't hit you immediately? The "quality not quantity" maxim applies to the amount you listen the same way it applies to the size of your collection IMO.

I tend to think that some (Many?) of the collectros that go out and buy 50 records every weekend end up not loving the music they buy much anyway, they never get the chance to really listen to it and live with and have it become part of them. If you have that much music to sort through all the time how much time do you spend really listening, as opposed to needle dropping and filing stuff away if it doesn't hit you immediately? The "quality not quantity" maxim applies to the amount you listen the same way it applies to the size of your collection IMO.

i definitely agree with all you say but i think this applies exponentially more to people who strictly download because you get so much so quickly and it's free so it's basically worthless and you just constantly amass music but don't have nearly enough time in your lifetime to listen to it.

i definitely agree with all you say but i think this applies exponentially more to people who strictly download because you get so much so quickly and it's free so it's basically worthless and you just constantly amass music but don't have nearly enough time in your lifetime to listen to it.

I'm putting together a big puzzle that will somehow unlock the secrets of the universe.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

YAY!!!!!!

• YAY!!!!!!

[Ray Luv ]

One mo' time for the streets of Killa Cali

Grew up on the dank and shootin dice up in the alley

Back when niggas had names like Rock Tee, Chin and Butta

O.G. game from the muthafuckin gutter

I guess it was cool when a nigga had no riches

Cuz niggas didn't p.h. and run they mouths like bitches

Much love for the hood, what up, nigga, where's my homies?

Show love for these niggas, but they ain't got no love for me

Jealous as fuck when I got love from the Crest niggas

But all I get is mean mugs from you West niggas

Now that I think these muthafuckas is so funny

'll peel a nigga's cap for a trick-ass nobody

(You better check your heart and your brain, man

I think you niggas need to get up on some game, man)

Picked up on your ho, I'm gettin jocked by your steady

All I want the money though, I'm all about my fetti

Nigga

Money money money's all I know

I gots no time to waste with you trickin punk-hoes

Money money money's all I see

You need to get some game and quit fuckin with me

Moneeey

(I'm all about my fetti)

Money

[ Mac Mall ]

Now half of these niggas is falsified

The rest is full of mess, so they tend to hide

A lotta them is cowards who be actin hard

Some is tired-ass tricks who will never get far

Some is straight dopefiends tryina grind they lley

But they still pushin pebbles to this muthafuckin day

Some start funk over hoes and blame it on somethin else

Them niggas need to check theyself

But the sucker that I hate the most

Is the busta full of envy, mad cuz he broke

Every night he be stressin, thinkin that his hoe wanna get me

I wouldn't fuck her with yo dick, she ain't got nothin to give me

Cuz your nigga is broke, so hoe, I know you're starvin

So you won't have to worry about Mac Mall harmin

Your boyfriend and girlfriend relationship

I got my money and my cuddies, who needs a bitch?

Mac Mall will never get played

I'ma stay Ses ways

And you know I'm all about that money

That's all I know, nigga

Fuck them hoes and them niggas

That's all I see in the Triple C

Stop fuckin with me

I'm all about my fetti

I'm all about my fetti

Yeah, my nigga Young Lay

Come serve these fools

[ Young Lay ]

Gettin blimped with a tramp up on ? confusin what's right

To hide the doubt, so I grab my money and my lle', high

Why do these youngsters by so nervous,

niggas creepin thru these turfs

Plus these po-po's tryin to serve us ill

But I kick back and just act with my fuckin clan

And kick that gangsta rap and spit about my gangsta macks

On rap tracks and spit for those that copy free

And givin they dap and tellin me it ain't a day without drink and weed

G's get stacked, now who's a mack, yeah, the nigga shook ya

Ki's of crack get cut down, but but not by the cook up

But yo, they crookers, watchin me all the time

But I keep lookin and keep a nine by my spine

Or to my side, cuz when I ride you'll never know

But if it's over some dough, Young Lay is quick to let it go

And let him know, nigga, that this is loc side

Home of the mack, playa pros, squares run and hide

Cuz tonight we gonna do it just like this

But if your hoe is choosin, nigga, the mic's in my fist

Some of this mixed with a whole lotta that

Old fuelin with new, it made my fetti fat

Money money money's all I know

I gots no time to waste with you trickin punk-hoes

Money money money's all I see

You need to get some game and quit fuckin with me

Moneeey

(I'm all about my fetti)

Money

Ah yeah

Youknowmsayin?

There it is right there

And there you have it, muthafuckas

Straight muthafuckin game

From three pimpin-ass young playin-ass muthafuckas

Ray Luv

Mac Mall

And Young pimpin-ass Lay

Youknowmsayin?

They just touched it on that 6th bar of them 32 muthafuckin bars

You muthafuckin busta-ass niggas with complexes

Broke punk-ass muthafuckas that always got your muthafuckin nose

Into somebody else shit

Now what you need to be doin

Is gettin your own muthafuckin game tight

You understand me?

And eh - youknowmsayin

Put some fetti in your own muthafuckin pockets

'stead of runnin round here talkin bout what the fuck is we doin

Youknowmsayin?

Cjz we straight dwellin on the green

Ain't got no time for that in-between

Youknowmsayin?

So all you busta-ass niggas

Fuck y'all, we all about the fetti, man

Stack them shekels mayne...

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

I think unless you are eating your records, there is probably not a "hunting" instict involved in your collecting.