Best Soul Strut Beefs of All-Time?

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    diplo vs. frank Raj

Anyone got a copy of that comic? CLASSIC.

Boo yaaaaa!!!!

YESSS!!!!!!!!!

that shit IS hilarious... I don't even remember it though

I was talking about the comic he made about Frank involving Hitler and whatnot...

I'm guessing MYlatency is busting real world moves, otherwise he'd quickly upload said comic from his Pants Go Squish Drive.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    frank thread was an alltime classic. good solid jabs both ways. dip had the jpeg game pushing on franks neck though.
    legend vs. yoigotbeats was kinda scary. clash of the titans and shit.i felt safer when that was over.

i forget why i liked tRaNsIeNt so much...maybe cause he just came on and unintentionally all his posts turned into beef. he was a thoroughbred beef peddler.

really though, shep vs. john item was absolutely bare knuckle.when sheep posted the picture of the other dude looking stupid at a show!!!!! daaaaamn

thecrates went down in flames too, after someone posted his beats, crates denied they were his, and then someone laid out some crazy detective work. crates was never the same after that...he had been cast off into the shadowy corners where only the vengeful failures dwell.

my memory is kinda hazy though, the allstar beefs should really get archived.

i feel like the only beef free poster on here!!!! maybe i should be more opinionated.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Man...no one's gonna come out and say it...but since I have a limited attenshun span

Ness vs Guzzo

Guzzo vs AI

both these were unfortunate and sadden me. I'm hoping these beefs are dead.

I was going to make a public apology post but I feared that it would itself turn into a beef post and I really don't want that.

I think its time I give a little bit of insight into Adam Klein in the hopes that maybe folks won't see me as some dude ready for beef

I am fun loving and very anti-violence.

I've only been in a handful of fights in my life

The biggest fight I ever got in involved me stabbing a guy through his hand with scissors. Immedietly after I did I felt so bad that I started to cry

I have been known to be that guy who gets in between folks to break them up

I have been known to make many-a-joke

People tend to stereotype me either as either a mean man or a care-giver I nevr really get much in between

I love people. I even got love for those that have come at me wrong. I have PM'd any and all people on this board that have taken issue with me and given them my phone number so that we could talk it out.

I am not one to accept insults and slurs. I find them to be a petty cheap and bitch ass bully type move. Growing up as the only jewish kid in a community that was mostly black and latino left me open to many attacks on this issue. The whole idea of this got much worse once I had to face it at my former place of employment. I'm now a strong beleiver that racism & prejudice will never end and that anyone can get it...ANYONE!!! hate don't hide for nobody

I've had many gay friends come to me as thier outlet for times they were called "fag" or other slurs like that although I don't want to simplify my hate for this word its pretty easy to see why I disapprove of grown educated folks using it so freely as they do on this board.

I give respect until someone disrespects me.

hopefully this condensed version of Adam Kleins views and experiences makes it easier for folks to see where I am coming from. Interactions like the ones I've had with the two aformentioned people do nothing but make me sad and frustrated at the state of people. I hope they never happen again and I hope shit can one day be mended.

-Adam

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I'm self Involved.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I've had many gay friends come to me as thier outlet

AYE YO!!!

(sorry, I could not resist)

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm self Involved.

wow, you see it stuff like ths that rubs me the wrong way. I don't even see why folks choose to do this, its unneccasary and only meant to try to get under my skin.

Tom I don't know why you would go ahead and try to start something, I thought we were cool. When we met up you didn't come at me cross. I don't see why you'd want to do it now. If I'm misreading you than let me know. Otherwise, if you really are trying to just irk me find someone else to annoy I really hate this type of stuff

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    guzzo, I have no pleasure in saying this but you're pathetic the way you interpret any slights on you, mostly perceived at that, in such a victimised way.

Two suggestions for you (which have been made before):

1. take an extended break from the forum
    2. go do some travel overseas and grow up

and don't PM me on this, the suggestions are axiomatic.

I don't want any more insights into your world, please stop.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    guzzo, I have no pleasure in saying this but you're pathetic the way you interpret any slights on you, mostly perceived at that, in such a victimised way.

Two suggestions for you (which have been made before):

1. take an extended break from the forum
    2. go do some travel overseas and grow up

and don't PM me on this, the suggestions are axiomatic.

I don't want any more insights into your world, please stop.

2 things plain and simple

1. don't comment on shit that don't involve you

2. Leave me the fuck alone

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    You missed the bit about no PM's ehh - well I deleted the one you just sent me without reading it - the imaginative title 'F*uck you' further reiterates my point about your self victimising ways ..

I have no interest in you (much like other posters), so don't worry about me bothering you. This forum's not your personal blog and you need to realise that - all the personal stuff you post is excrutiatingly painful to sight. Trust me, I scroll fast. As I said above, please stop.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Im gonna have to cosign on the "This forum is not your personal blog" thing... not specifically the Guzzo guy, but everyone who posts up some stupid self indulgent "Listen to ME now" shit . This shits to talk about records, not fuckin what you did over the weekend with Jimmy and Nancy and the rest of the gang. Posting up funny shit is funny... but man.. I miss them days when Soulstrut was nothing but pages full of cool shit to read about old records with a few posts in between about funny shit... now you gotta scroll through terds and terds of people blabbin about this and that, when they should just go into the real world and talk to someone REAL. At least IM a mufucka or some shit. I don't konw you, and I dont care about who did your hair this week and how you baked a cake with your friend Chad. Talk about records or scram!

That said.. the folkways thread is blazing hot, and yall should all aspire to the level of Alhambra. He has said more in 6 posts than lots of yall have in 6000 posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Im gonna have to cosign on the "This forum is not your personal blog" thing... not specifically the Guzzo guy, but everyone who posts up some stupid self indulgent "Listen to ME now" shit . This shits to talk about records, not fuckin what you did over the weekend with Jimmy and Nancy and the rest of the gang. Posting up funny shit is funny... but man.. I miss them days when Soulstrut was nothing but pages full of cool shit to read about old records with a few posts in between about funny shit... now you gotta scroll through terds and terds of people blabbin about this and that, when they should just go into the real world and talk to someone REAL. At least IM a mufucka or some shit. I don't konw you, and I dont care about who did your hair this week and how you baked a cake with your friend Chad. Talk about records or scram!

That said.. the folkways thread is blazing hot, and yall should all aspire to the level of Alhambra. He has said more in 6 posts than lots of yall have in 6000 posts

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    So, I like fucking walked in the park with Jenny & Joe & then we ate ice cream & stuff. It was super fun!

Sorry.... wrong thread....

• That said.. the folkways thread is blazing hot, and yall should all aspire to the level of Alhambra. He has said more in 6 posts than lots of yall have in 6000 posts

Pardon me, but what exactly has he SAID?

*deleted*

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    back to classic beefs please

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    MORE classic beefs please

Can somebody put together a poll of a top 10 so we can vote?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I don't konw you, and I dont care about who did your hair this week and how you baked a cake with your friend Chad. Talk about records or scram!

I'm eatin' cake with Chad, yo!

Seriously, Meaty, there is room for all kinds of moves on this board. There will ALWAYS be plenty of record talk, most of it on it's third or fourth go round for anyone who has been here more than a year. That's fine, people come to things when they come to them, but this place would also be DRY as fuck if that's all it was, record threads peppered with threads like "there was a thread about this 3 weeks ago, fucktard newbie"....

So, no beef, but I like the fact that this site is record-centric, but not exclusively record-obsessed 100% of the time. I like the fact that people from opposite coasts can get their beef on(hopefully squash it) and still exchange record knowledge, gear knowledge, self knowledge,etc. And I like that I can learn more about (mostly boring to listen to but fun to look at )Folkways records. It is not a purely utilitarian space, but something happily a bit more organic.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Sorry if I missed it but anyone mention L13 vs Dizzy yet? They actually both stepped up to the plate with a lengthy beatmaking battle. Dizzy came out with some pretty solid and funny beats, while L13 posted esoteric experimental shit that he claimed was amazing and that some folks were actually feeling. CLASSIC

I dont care about who did your hair this week and how you baked a cake with your friend Chad.

MEATY VS. REHASH aka War of the blazing downtempo funk 45 dudes =
    Such a good look right now.

I wanna see High-C come out scrapping on this one - his hair is usually "did" pretty good so giving his stylist some props is definitely in order. But is Vinylneck even here to defend himself on that cakebaking comment? CONTROVERSIAL

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    "What's Happening" JPEG Assault please.

"What's Happening" JPEG Assault please.

Lost to the winds of time, my freshly-powdered friend.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....WOW ......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

• ...still waiting to hear what Alhambra has "said"

• ...still waiting to hear what Alhambra has "said"

I think it was something along the lines of "bitching about the content of NRR posts is a bigger waste of time and energy than NRR posts themselves...".

That might have been Confucius, though....not sure.

...still waiting to hear what Alhambra has "said"

Well he posted 8 JPGs of records with no further comments, so I guess Meaty is working on the assumption that a picture is worth a thousand words. Though the last time I checked, Gerry Rafferty and the BLOOD FEAST soundtrack weren't on Folkways so we might have to give or take a few hundred words in this instance.

the BLOOD FEAST soundtrack

I NEED that, with my cake, yo.

TIMPANI FOR DAYS SON

TIMPANI FOR DAYS SON

YES. Blood-soaked TIMPANI.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    what about BF do you two like? i have not a clue as to why you think its a good record...

what about BF do you two like? i have not a clue as to why you think its a good record...

I could care less about the music on this one, that film is a B-flick classic, and as such, that cover is HEAT! Seriously, this falls into the movie memorobilia collector fanatic in me!

• [rant]
    Yea dude... I mean the guy is a friend on mine and is like the nicest guy ever... So he went on some diarheaa OPPS I mean diaretic monolouge but whatever.... Scroll dude. No sweat of my back. If I do not want to read something I just move on... You don't see me chiming in on some thread about Pete Rock's jockstrap and how all y'all hip hoppers want to hold it for him.... It ain't no thing.

Basically what I am trying to say is leave the kid alone. No need to attack someone for some monolouge... ego filled or not.

Now if this site was all about BREAKS and not about PERSONALITY you could just about keep this shit...

Me personally? I am here for the people and the shit they talk and the way they say it not just... " Dude did you hear that break on Stark Reality? Oh dude that's so dope ". Some of the personal shit is the BEST shit on this site... That's all.
    [end rant]

Some of the personal shit is the BEST shit on this site... That's all.