turntable platter issues

dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
so all of a sudden I am noticing one of my turntables is squeaking as it's spinning round and round. Not only this, I also see that it's not spinning at the proper speed (.4% slower), and it seems to be fluctuating a bit as well.My question is, does this happen a lot to you guys, and is there any practical solution? I think this may be due to me cleaning my records as they spin at 45rpm, and the pressure somehow threw something on either the platter or the turntable off balance. I have a Numark TTX-1 if this makes any difference. I noticed there is a magnetic ring on the platter, which I'm guessing does something cool with the motor in the inside.

Comments

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    problem solved.

in case this has ever happened or will ever happen to you (i'm assuming there's a few of you who have these tables + use them heavily), it was the rubber mat that is adhered on the inside of platter coming undone in part of the outer ring. makes sense because something would need to seriously be wrong in the inner ring to cause that kind of speed change.

• rpmrpm 144 Posts
    extreme cold will do that too, although i ain't got a numark.
    i've got them ...

• djdepositdjdeposit 224 Posts
    extreme cold will do that too, although i ain't got a numark.
    i've got them ...

This are sick but are they linear with the pitch adjust (+/-16%)

Do you find you could lock a mix as well as with the older versions with +/- 8%?