hangovers

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,632 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
fucking suck. I'm soooo glad neither of my bosses will be in the office today. I doubt I'll be getting much work done. Glad I don't have any major deadlines coming up.

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    OK, just the other day you were wondering what to do with your free time at work. Now this shameless situation. You are not getting one of this anytime soon, Sir.

• A couple years back, I was doing freelance work where I billed this company by the day...

One Friday I went in so hungover that I didn't charge them for that day. It was brutal. Last time I'll ever drink a 40 oz.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,632 Posts
    Advil, a good shower and lots of water have already done wonders.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Advil, a good shower and lots of water have already done wonders.

Yep, that you will get you through the morning. After-lunch time is the hardest part of the day.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    the worst is being hungover and working with the public.
    and water and advil wont do much for a REAL hangover.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

• After-lunch time is the hardest part of the day.

Co-sign...that is when I get all nauseous and jittery.

I believe it was O. Wilde who said, "the only cure for a real hangover is death." He may be right.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

Go after what got you...Hair of the Dog.

I never used to be into this method, but honestly it is exactly what you need.

A hangover is your body going through withdrawl. Give your body a little bit of what it is reaching out for. Granted you're already at work, this could be a problem...go to your boss' office, bottom left drawer, there's bound to be a bottle.

• ...lots of water have already done wonders.

Be sure to eat something salty. If your blood is salinated your kidneys will know to retain the water in your body, rather than pee it all out which won't help your dehydration caused hang-over.

• djdepositdjdeposit 224 Posts
    I have gone in real bad sometimes. So bad infact, I had to run to the bathroom and take care of some unpleasent upchucking. I have been lucky to not have been spotted in these situations.

Worst
    Just call in or something when it gets this bad