NOZ SPEAKS THE TRUTH

1235»

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yo Noz - looks like someone's got beef with you. Well, or he's just funning. I can't tell these days.

http://riffmarket.blogspot.com/2006/04/gnarls-barkley-ruin-hip-hop-he-says.html

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    NOZ GOT THE INTERNET GOIN "CRAZY"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Yo Noz - looks like someone's got beef with you. Well, or he's just funning. I can't tell these days.

http://riffmarket.blogspot.com/2006/04/gnarls-barkley-ruin-hip-hop-he-says.html

Isn't that the fabricateur Nick Sylvestor?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    it is interesting to note that ascetic purists now seem to come both with and without backpacks.

it is interesting to note that ascetic purists now seem to come both with and without backpacks.

underrated post.

"ascetic purists" = monks???

Dudes need to get their vocabulary game up before they try to talk slick.

Dudes should also try actually reading the piece before whining about "aesthetic purism"

I meant "ascetic", as in "vinegary", as in "piss and vinegar", as in the overall tone of noz's piece (some of which I agree with). Just thought I'd point that out. Your concern for my vocab game has been duly noted.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

underrated post.

"ascetic purists" = monks???

Dudes need to get their vocabulary game up before they try to talk slick.

Dudes should also try actually reading the piece before whining about "aesthetic purism"

I meant "ascetic", as in "vinegary", as in "piss and vinegar", as in the overall tone of noz's piece (some of which I agree with). Just thought I'd point that out. Your concern for my vocab game has been duly noted.

Oops... I thought he was quoting somebody else. Had I realized it was from your post, I would have assumed that it was a deliberate word choice. Sorry about that (seriously).

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    This thread is still going????

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    acetic?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    can we at least all agree that the hype behind this shit is unwarranted based on the music delivered so far?

can we at least all agree that the hype behind this shit is unwarranted based on the music delivered so far?

Except for "Crazy"... yes.

• can we at least all agree that the hype behind this shit is unwarranted based on the music delivered so far?

The M.I.A. of 2006

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

even though i like the song, shit aint worth all the buzz and it's also at least six months old by now.

even though i like the song, shit aint worth all the buzz and it's also at least six months old by now.

yeah but six months old in English time means brand new in america. different time zones.

• May I say that amongst 'Garage Rock' types (for lack of a better descriptor) like F16, SoulMarcossa and myself, 'hatting' was a bit of a way of life in the early 90s! It came with the territory of roaming a completely different musical and cultural landscape than what was widely enjoyed or even accepted by the mainstream at the time. What was even more fun was hating 'within the scene'! I mean, it's what makes any scene fun! Nothing motivates people to do better than their inner "Oh Yeah?!"

So people need to loose their inner cranks and produce some negative commentary about the state of things! Seriously, Noz's shit in this thread and the "Talib Kweli Diaper Rash" thread are the most fun I have had on this site in a looooong time. but then again, my double time flowz are pretty wack. But I do have an album!

Seriously.

I am not at all feeling this relentless positivity schitt.