Mobb Deep "Blood Money"

Rix22Rix22 67 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
What's the feel on this album? Personally, it's a bit better than I anticipated; not that my expectations are very high these days for Mobb Deep releases. I figured it would be G-Unit heavy, which it isn't, and far too commercial.

Comments

• I need to listen to it again, but most of the songs I like are the ones I've heard floatin around for the last couple of weeks. That Pearl Gates is good though, that Exile beat sounds good.

• I need to listen to it again, but most of the songs I like are the ones I've heard floatin around for the last couple of weeks. That Pearl Gates is good though, that Exile beat sounds good.

Link plaese, I need to hear this!

I'll get you a link later, I just can't do it now.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I need to listen to it again, but most of the songs I like are the ones I've heard floatin around for the last couple of weeks. That Pearl Gates is good though, that Exile beat sounds good.

I'll get you a link later, I just can't do it now.

He's busy, goddamit.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I'm Downloading a 16 track version of the "Blood Money" LP now. I have no idea if this is the retail version or not, but there are a lot of new songs online.

• big chan - that's the one i have, and yes it's the retail.

personally i think it's their best since "murda muzik".

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I figured it would be G-Unit heavy, which it isn't, and far too commercial.

Do you have the retail version? The version I'm downloading has 50 cent on 6 tracks, and a song each with Lloyd Banks, Young Buck and Tony Yayo.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    That's the version i got also Chan,this may not be the official version but its gonna be close to this.I read in the XXL's review about a Dr Dre produced track track called "Nightmares" it's missing from this advance copy,i'm curious to hear it.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Just skimmin' through it (I just downloaded the same version you got, Chan) this sounds like a pretty fuckin' good album. Where's Wizzle at? Does he have a joint or two on there? I think I might've heard his sound on at least one of the tracks.

• planlessplanless 819 Posts

shit is horrible IMO..

...the cover speaks for itself, looks like one of those billion mixtapes nowadays.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

shit is horrible IMO..

...the cover speaks for itself, looks like one of those billion mixtapes nowadays.

LOL dude... what the hell do you expect of MOBB DEEP... why should the cover be at all surprising??

I've only heard Put Em In Their Place, but thats about as classic as MD gets IMO...

• planlessplanless 819 Posts
    why should the cover be at all surprising??

the cover shouldn??t be surprising! all i wanted to say that it looks like a fake corny artwork from a semi-prof photoshop guy

nevertheless i don??t like the sounds on it, but compared to the new album from 7l & esoteric "a new dope" it??s a masterpiece

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I think the title's kinda ironic considering that 50 Cent pretty much bought these dudes. It's like they're rich now but had to do some shameful soul-sucking shit to get there.

Herm

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    It's like they're rich now but had to do some shameful soul-sucking shit to get there.

You mis-spelled "d-i-c-k"

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    why should the cover be at all surprising??

the cover shouldn??t be surprising! all i wanted to say that it looks like a fake corny artwork from a semi-prof photoshop guy

nevertheless i don??t like the sounds on it, but compared to the new album from 7l & esoteric "a new dope" it??s a masterpiece

the mobb deep album cover is hot. Design dorks quit your bitchin.

Whoever exile is, he made a banger. I gotta get the rest of the album, but im expecting a fair amount of weak shit. Lets have a party? Cmon dudes.

• I think this describes it quite good:
    http://biffhop.blogspot.com/

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I like the beats though. I think there are lots of tracks that will work well in the clubs and also in the cars when you turn it up real loud. Lyrics aren't really all that important in 2006, are they? Candy paint, rims, money, drugs, sex, party, kill kill kill, party, drink, get money... damn, I thought that was what it's all about. You guys are disappointing me now with your dissing of this Mobb G-Unit record. New York bias? Must be. 50 Cent backlash? Probably.
    50 Cent =

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Whoever exile is, he made a banger. I gotta get the rest of the album, but im expecting a fair amount of weak shit. Lets have a party? Cmon dudes.

a href="http://rapidshare.de/files/18522057/09-mobb_deep-pearly_gates__feat_50_cent_-uncensored.mp3.html">Pearly Gates

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts

personally i think it's their best since "murda muzik".
    Is that supposed to be positive ?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I like the beats though. I think there are lots of tracks that will work well in the clubs and also in the cars when you turn it up real loud. Lyrics aren't really all that important in 2006, are they? Candy paint, rims, money, drugs, sex, party, kill kill kill, party, drink, get money... damn, I thought that was what it's all about. You guys are disappointing me now with your dissing of this Mobb G-Unit record. New York bias? Must be. 50 Cent backlash? Probably.
    50 Cent =

I don't get it either Phill... dudes seem to be eager to cut Mobb loose simply due to the affiliation with 50... the blog planeteurope posted above, for example: its comparing mediocre/bad lyrics from older albums to mediocre/bad lyrics from the new album as an attempt to proven they've fallen off

Fuck it, ain't nothin gonna make the hatters happy

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    50 Cent =

I don't get it either Phill... dudes seem to be eager to cut Mobb loose simply due to the affiliation with 50... the blog planeteurope posted above, for example: its comparing mediocre/bad lyrics from older albums to mediocre/bad lyrics from the new album as an attempt to proven they've fallen off

Fuck it, ain't nothin gonna make the hatters happy

I mean its like getting mad at baseball players that sign with the Yankees. Sure Steinbrenner is a douche, but would you really pass up that kind of loot or the chance to play for one of the best teams in the league.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Candy paint, rims, money, drugs, sex, party, kill kill kill, party, drink, get money... damn

HOTT!!! i especially liked the adlib at the end.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    It's a Haaawt!!! album.The songs i'm feeling are
    "In love with moula"
    "Click Click"
    "Pearly Gates"
    "Speaking So Freely"
    "Stole Something"