plastic 45 adaptors
    current bills
    camera

sometimes:
    electric razor
    Palm pilot

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

hahaha!

no way do I buy archaic carrying a gun around to various project blowed shows either.

oh yeah...and my rocket launcher.

You too?!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    In my school days:

-Walkman
    -Black & White notebook
    -(never had any pens)
    -random photos
    -2-5 CD's
    -Binder
    -several candy bars
    -Spray on deoderant
    -Hair brush

In my back pack days

-Walkman
    -Oversized headphones
    -10-20 CD's and/or mixtapes
    -pack of cheap bic pens
    -2-3 Black& white compostion books (an emcee's best friend
    -mini-cassette recorder
    -Autobiography of MalcolmX (my own personal bible)
    -bottle of water
    -Candy bars
    - swiss army knife
    -weed

• Options
    The only occasion where I actively wear a backpack now is if I'm fishing off of bridges overnight...in which case I pack:

Side pockets:

Digital camera
    Batteries
    (5) 10 gauge Bluefish hooks
    baby powder
    Leatherman tool
    5 foot length of thin rope (for lugging fish back to the truck)

Top little pocket:

Visine
    CorncobPipe
    herbs
    lighter
    small flashlight
    cellphone

Bottom little pocket:

eyeblack
    gum
    Ironclad gloves
    bandana
    little soapdish tackle box thing

Main area:

extra hooded sweathshirt
    knit hat
    two pair socks
    water (1.5 Liter, packed in the middle so it rides the spine)
    granola bars
    peanut butter sandwich
    wallet with ID and FDNY line-of-duty-death family member badge, in case I get questioned by police (no cash though, shit is shady on the bridges and everyone is armed with something sharp)

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts

no way do I buy archaic carrying a gun around to various project blowed shows either.

I could gives a fuck if you buy it or not. Ain't nothing to brag about either. It just seemed like a necessity at the time...in that I was traveling across the country by my darned self pre-cellphone and then once in LA hnaging out in Reginald Denny-beatdown territory again by my self. Never had an instance where I thought I might need it. Guns aren't really that big a deal to us down here in Texas. Anyway it was pre-Project Blowed. More like the Goodlife, Big Al's, and a bunch of other places you consumate little dudes don't know squat about.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    paint
    scriber
    mean streaks (see shig101)
    markers
    sketchbook
    tips
    deuce five(found more handy than my 380)
    xtra clothes
    flicks for trades
    40oz w/ my handy tribal gear 40oz holder , which was actually converted into a paint can holder, made less noise when doin the do'
    mix tapes
    thats bout it...

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

More like the Goodlife, Big Al's, and a bunch of other places you consumate little dudes don't know squat about.

ha

I could gives a fuck if you buy it or not. Ain't nothing to brag about either. It just seemed like a necessity at the time...in that I was traveling across the country by my darned self pre-cellphone and then once in LA hnaging out in Reginald Denny-beatdown territory again by my self. Never had an instance where I thought I might need it. Guns aren't really that big a deal to us down here in Texas. Anyway it was pre-Project Blowed. More like the Goodlife, Big Al's, and a bunch of other places you consumate little dudes don't know squat about.

Man you really got a way with words hommie. You are one of those cats that takes things TOO serious on here. It just sounded funny that you carried a gun in your backpack. You didn't have to get so defensive and explain why you really carried a gun in your backpack! Who you calling a little dude? You don't know me! But since you used to see Aceyalone battle Skeelo in a health food store, I'm not gonna argue with you. Your real world Big Dude credentials trump mine.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Holy Schit...

so let me get this straight (AY YO!)

You would risk getting your ass beat to death/having to carry a loaded gun, just so you can go and hang out with your rap super heroes? and I thought having to pay money and wait in line was a lot to check out a rap group.

and if not knowing about Big Al's or knowing what cereal AWOL One eat's for breakfast is a "little dude move" then I'm a proud dwarf.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    consum[m]ate little dudes

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

You would risk getting your ass beat to death/having to carry a loaded gun, just so you can go and hang out with your rap super heroes? and I thought having to pay money and wait in line was a lot to check out a rap group.

and if not knowing about Big Al's or knowing what cereal AWOL One eat's for breakfast is a "little dude move" then I'm a proud dwarf.

Wow I thought I was soulstruts lone over-sensitive soul. good to know I'm not alone...maybe its the LA climate. But seriously we prolly crossed paths back in the day and I never came to 43rd and Crenshaw strapped. That spot is straight up poodle and was not exactly "Reginald Denny territory". but hey if it it made you feel better more power to you. You do know that a white dude pulling a strap at Leimert would probably lead to things much worse than whatever would inspire you to pull it out in the first place though, right?

By the way I used to work with AWOL One and he would eat pastries for breakfast

But since you used to see Aceyalone battle Skeelo in a health food store, I'm not gonna argue with you. Your real world Big Dude credentials trump mine.

another ha!

but seriously, why have a gun in a backpack? How long will it take someone to pull that?

"Uh-oh Danger! (takes off backpack and unzips the main pouch), Ill just grab my, wait no that is a marmoset, there it is, wait no, that is my Project blowed fan club card, better put that somewhere safe. There it is! my 3........."shots ring out.

"You try to grab your burner buy mines already out"

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

Might they have been toaster pastries?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    perhaps a type of "tart" pastry that one would toast and eat after it "pops" up?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

I'm just not seing why y'all think toting a handgun that never even saw the light of day except on shooting ranges is such a big deal.

My mention of it on my backpack list shouldn't have even warranted a comment.

Check that, I never should have mentioned it on my backpack list.

Ok, I get it...I asked for this bullshit.

But Guzzo specifically, get the fuck out of here.

"Chocotastic"!?

"You chocotastic little dudes need to fall back! Poptart-a$$ poptarts.

But since you used to see Aceyalone battle Skeelo in a health food store, I'm not gonna argue with you. Your real world Big Dude credentials trump mine.

another ha!

but seriously, why have a gun in a backpack? How long will it take someone to pull that?

"Uh-oh Danger! (takes off backpack and unzips the main pouch), Ill just grab my, wait no that is a marmoset, there it is, wait no, that is my Project blowed fan club card, better put that somewhere safe. There it is! my 3........."shots ring out.

"You try to grab your burner buy mines already out"

Lesson learned. Next time I will wear a side holster.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

when worlds collide.

You scared I may be able to offer a 2nd opinion on a scene that ain't as gangster as gats and health food?

when worlds collide.

You scared I may be able to offer a 2nd opinion on a scene that ain't as gangster as gats and health food?

Whatever you say...since you've been to the Goodlife for a Thursday night session. Right?

Lesson learned. Next time I will wear a side holster.

DOPE!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    haha, I get it this is an OG check right?

Dude you can go ahead and try to pull cards based on good life attedence but you really don't need to worry its not like I base my life on the shit I did years back. If you need some credentials though check with the dudes at Meanstreet and ask them about Adam Klein. Better yet Give Tony or Courtney a call and ask them what young Adam was sayin back in the day.

blowed was a nice scene, but thats all it was, A SCENE. Even dudes affiliated for the most part don't really talk on it anymore. Don't beleive me come down to LA and talk with them old heads. See how much you hear them speak on that shit.

I'd rather hit up that museum down the street on a weekend afternoon than go to the Kaos network anyways

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    im suprised archaic still posts here.

when worlds collide.

Whatever you say...since you've been to the Goodlife for a Thursday night session. Right?

Dude I dont get it, Why are you such a

for everything Project blowed related?

haha, I get it this is an OG check right?
    Dude you can go ahead and try to pull cards based on good life attedence but you really don't need to worry its not like I base my life on the shit I did years back. If you need some credentials though check with the dudes at Meanstreet and ask them about Adam Klein. Better yet Give Tony or Courtney a call and ask them what young Adam was sayin back in the day.

blowed was a nice scene, but thats all it was, A SCENE. Even dudes affiliated for the most part don't really talk on it anymore. Don't beleive me come down to LA and talk with them old heads. See how much you hear them speak on that shit.

I'd rather hit up that museum down the street on a weekend afternoon than go to the Kaos network anyways

So all that and still no Goodlife. Thanks for wasting my time. Next...

If you need some credentials though check with the dudes at Meanstreet and ask them about Adam Klein. Better yet Give Tony or Courtney a call and ask them what young Adam was sayin back in the day.

"What? You want to know about Madame Klein? Are you one of Jeff's friends? Because he's in the bathtub right now, Madame Klein."[/b]

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

when worlds collide.

Hey, speaking of which, I was watching that little freestyling documentary the other day, and am wondering if it were you who was 'lyrical jesus'--the dude that was always hanging around the 'cypher'. A few of us would definately like some clarity on that figure regardless.

Cheers in Chiburbia,
    DCastillo

when worlds collide.

Dude I dont get it, Why are you such a

for everything Project blowed related?

Oh no, you didn't call me a cheerleader, did you? Not that, please not that. Anything but that. Damn, that's the lowest blow I've ever taken. I don't know what to do now. I'm gonna have to alter my entire persona...maybe move to New York and bone up on becoming a better stand-for-nothing-smartass.

when worlds collide.

Hey, speaking of which, I was watching that little freestyling documentary the other day, and am wondering if it were you who was 'lyrical jesus'--the dude that was always hanging around the 'cypher'. A few of us would definately like some clarity on that figure regardless.

Cheers in Chiburbia,
    DCastillo

Not me...and the only such hanger-on I know of is/was a woman nicknamed JeanintheFrontRow.