Eddie Murphy played Bass for Tool in the 80s?

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    rad

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i like the kick drum shot..haha

i always wondered how long tool had been around, i guess this answers that question.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    bug-out.
    the internet never ceases to amaze me!

SPANDEX

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    holy polyester

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    where in the hell did you dig that up. Did you google Eddie Murphy / Tool????

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Another testament to the fact that men in leotards =

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    I guess after eddie murphy partied all the time[/b] he wanted to be sober[/b]. damn, i was in grade 2 back then...were grown men wearing leotards, or maybe he just got back from a bike marathon.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1343858003040951764&q=Tool&pl=true

Tool performing "No Quarter" (Zepplin), normally only found as a audio track on thier box set, here you can see the megaphone/something Maynard is using to get vocoder effects.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    first of all, that aint eddy murphy.

Second of all, this is kind of embarassing isnt it? Good thing tool dropped the whole faith no more rapping + slap bass solo thing huh?

The high top basketball shoes + unitard look is straight flames though.

actually it is, although some of the footage is missing, it's from an Old Saturday Night Live episode that Murphy Co-hosted with Nick Nolte for promotion of Another 48 Hours. Instead of having the scheduled act that night (I think it was Aerosmith or Billy Joel, Glen Mederios, Swing Out Sister or some shit I can't remember) Murphy brought on his own band. That's why there's a 48 Hours Promo poster on the amp:

actually it is, although some of the footage is missing, it's from an Old Saturday Night Live episode that Murphy Co-hosted with Nick Nolte for promotion of Another 48 Hours. Instead of having the scheduled act that night (I think it was Aerosmith or Billy Joel, Glen Mederios, Swing Out Sister or some shit I can't remember) Murphy brought on his own band. That's why there's a 48 Hours Promo poster on the amp:

haha, im glad the poster is coming in crystal clear and the dudes are grainy as fuck

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

hahahahhahaha!!!
    muthafucka. ya killin me!!

people tryin to disprove!

hahahaha!!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

actually it is, although some of the footage is missing

REAL missing! I checked the TV Com site (which has episode guides for several shows, including SNL) - to make a long story short, looked under Eddie Murphy, looked under Nick Nolte, looked under SNL and didn't see shit. There is no SNL ep listed for Nov. 7, 1987 (which is when Youtube sez this was broadcast), so you can believe this if you wanna but somebody's bullshittin' somebody. Besides, if it's Eddie's band why isn't he sangin' lead?

REAL missing! I checked the TV Com site (which has episode guides for several shows, including SNL) - to make a long story short, looked under Eddie Murphy, looked under Nick Nolte, looked under SNL and didn't see shit. There is no SNL ep listed for Nov. 7, 1987 (which is when Youtube sez this was broadcast), so you can believe this if you wanna but somebody's bullshittin' somebody. Besides, if it's Eddie's band why isn't he sangin' lead?

the purpose of my two minute photo shopping was precisely to see if i could get someone to do some investigative research and get a response like this. haha tv com site? thats awesome.

man first i found it hilarious that bsides even pointed out that its not eddy murphy, im pissing my pants here that someone for one second even really thought it was EDDY FUCKING IM NOT AN ANNNIMAAL MURPHY?! haha i guess it does look a little like him, but damn, murphy kicking it with tool in 1987? who the fuck was tool in 1987? im just playing with u man, all in fun...plus like holmes said above the poster isn't pixelated enough as the film, but i can't front, i've been duped so many times. but i thought someone would call me out on the fact that the poster wasn't on the video. hahha but thanks for the laugh.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

the purpose of my two minute photo shopping was precisely to see if i could get someone to do some investigative research and get a response like this. haha tv com site? thats awesome.

Hell yes, I live by it! Ever lost sleep wondering who played Cree Summer's Caucasian cousin on A Different World?

man first i found it hilarious that bsides even pointed out that its not eddy murphy, im pissing my pants here that someone for one second even really thought it was EDDY FUCKING IM NOT AN ANNNIMAAL MURPHY?! haha i guess it does look a little like him

Nope - the guy in the video looks all rugged and swoll[/b]...

but damn, murphy kicking it with tool in 1987? who the fuck was tool in 1987?
    Well, some Soulstrut folk think that there were funk records in 1962, so I thought you seriously believed that the cow jumped over the moon and Eddie Murphy jammed with Tool 19 years ago! Heh!

im just playing with u man, all in fun
    And I'm laffin' along witcha.

man first i found it hilarious that bsides even pointed out that its not eddy murphy, im pissing my pants here that someone for one second even really thought it was EDDY FUCKING IM NOT AN ANNNIMAAL MURPHY?! haha i guess it does look a little like him, but damn, murphy kicking it with tool in 1987? who the fuck was tool in 1987? im just playing with u man, all in fun...plus like holmes said above the poster isn't pixelated enough as the film, but i can't front, i've been duped so many times. but i thought someone would call me out on the fact that the poster wasn't on the video. hahha but thanks for the laugh.

Wow, you can fool people on the Internet. really?

ZZzzzzzzzzzz.....

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts

Wow, you can fool people on the Internet. really?

ZZzzzzzzzzzz.....

AlieNDN... nice work as usual!

pickwick i actually just checked out the tv.com site, damn that is a good resource! i'm about to get comic book guy on that site, good looking out!

by the way if anyone's interested to know, tools new album is coming out in about a month, i'l check it out, not that i can tolerate that loud shit too much these days, but i found their last album the most listenable and interesting

nice new icon...haha

Naw, not at all, good stuff. I could almost believe it, stars have done some degrading shit coming up.

Alien, you should go pro with viral marketing!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Alien, you should go pro with would really suck at viral marketing!

I'm with Edpowers on this one. That shit was corny as fuck.