What Do You Think of Goodie Mob?

13»

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    i just want to point out how jamming PA's 'sundown' was...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Goodie Mobb are the shit. Saw them perform with members of Fishbone acting as their band. They then performed alongside Fishbone, including a 15 minute set by Joi.

Amazing show.

I saw Joi with Fishbone about eight years ago, and Gipp briefly came out. That was a really good show.

What ever happened with Joi? Last I heard weren't her and Gipp on some swinger shit and she stopped singing?

Here's a recent interview with her... apparently she's got a new self-released album out.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    apparently she's got a new self-released album out.

yeah it's for sale on her website. but it's like $25 with shipping and i don't think i'm ready to drop that on very well could be a cheap CDr

the song with bun b and pastor troy is

apparently she's got a new self-released album out.

yeah it's for sale on her website. but it's like $25 with shipping and i don't think i'm ready to drop that on very well could be a cheap CDr

the song with bun b and pastor troy is

Pastor Troy is a dope artist and little dudes need to get with his early work.

• Speaking of Dungeon Family/Outkast Related material[/b]

how damn crazy are the Scar & Jonelle Monet tracks on the Purple Ribbon Album? I can't believe those two singles are clogging-up the dollar bins. Really some of the best soul cuts in the past months.

*ahem*

self-proclaimed big dudes. Some info on the two aforementioned artistes would be nice.

Speaking of Dungeon Family/Outkast Related material[/b]

how damn crazy are the Scar & Jonelle Monet tracks on the Purple Ribbon Album? I can't believe those two singles are clogging-up the dollar bins. Really some of the best soul cuts in the past months.

*ahem*

self-proclaimed big dudes. Some info on the two aforementioned artistes would be nice.

I think both sangers are relatively recent discoveries by Big Boi. I never heard of them before.

*ahem*

I think both sangers are relatively recent discoveries by Big Boi. I never heard of them before.

thus irrelevant to the local black experience?

I was hoping y'allz could be like "YEAH MAN! they got this slept-on mixtape with drama" or something.

*ahem*

I was hoping y'allz could be like "YEAH MAN! they got this slept-on mixtape with drama" or something.

Naw, I'm just saying, I'm not sure how much more "info" is available.

It's not like they have some secret history with ONP going back ten years like the boy Bobby Valentino does.

*ahem*

It's not like they have some secret history with ONP going back ten years like the boy Bobby Valentino does.

I thought that Valentino joint with Lil' Wayne was kinda slept on and I think we both know my stance on "Pimpin' all over the world".

*ahem*

I thought that Valentino joint with Lil' Wayne was kinda slept on and I think we both know my stance on "Pimpin' all over the world".

Yeah, but you knew he used to be in Mista, right?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

I thought that Valentino joint with Lil' Wayne was kinda slept on

I don't know about out west, but that was coming out of every passing car last summer.

If it didn't hit the Bay back then, I'm sure they'll start playing it some time 5 years from now...

• I thought that Valentino joint with Lil' Wayne was kinda slept on

I don't know about out west, but that was coming out of every passing car last summer.

If it didn't hit the Bay back then, I'm sure they'll start playing it some time 5 years from now...

12 more years of his tracks of his shit being blasted out of of cars in one specific region= HIP-HOP LEGEND

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    soul food's intro alone has been more valuable to me than most albums...

pls don't sleep on the other one that goes...

"put some fiyah on tha ass-end of dat weed/cos in the swats red hots don't drip or bleed..."

that had south carolina state goin stewie back in 95/6 era...

Young_Phonics said:
    I was also blown away how they where able to openly discuss the new-world order in the song/video.

BOLD

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I was stunned when I heard someone on the radio (it was probably on "Sound Opinion" - but STILL!) over the wknd give Cee-Lo's back story as "singer of Gnarls Barkley," not even mentioning GM.

• bull_ox said:
    I was stunned when I heard someone on the radio (it was probably on "Sound Opinion" - but STILL!) over the wknd give Cee-Lo's back story as "singer of Gnarls Barkley," not even mentioning GM.

Local College Radio Experience

• stankin rhymes with lincolns

• escoeescoe 113 Posts
    jlee said:
    i ain't done...

so pissed at myself for never getting a hold of one of the "tabasco" goodie mob items. such a dope design

and big boi changing the game with his astros jersey.

even in my college/coffeehouse/mindsex days i got down with the esthero/goodie mob remix of "the world i know". i ain't mad. dope song.

got this bad boy on tape, its got a nice 8ball and mjg remix on it.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Speaking of the Dungeon Family I also fucked w/ that Witchdoctor LP and that Cool Breeze LP....hell I even ride for that Sleepy Brown "Vinyl Room" LP..