Favorite Large Professor Beat

13»

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    he meant Memory Lane was produced by Premier

no way. is this the truth? all these years i prayed to extra p altar cause of that song. i thought primo handled ny state of mind and represent and large did halftime and memory lane. fuck, say it aint so

It is so...

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Akinyele - "Outta State".
    Akinyele - "I luh hur".
    Akinyele - "Exercise".
    Apache - "Hey Girl".

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Bad To The Bone Remix
    That and "it's a boy rmx" are my favorites.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    on top of what everyone said:

Stay Chiseled (feat. Nas)

"BBQ 2 Nas right her beside me"

Bad To The Bone Remix
    That and "it's a boy rmx" are my favorites.

Word. But why is it that I feel like no one in this thread has heard them?

Extra P's done so much great work. So much of it is not in this thread...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    But why is it that I feel like no one in this thread has heard them?

cuz people haven't. I haven't. Thank you for making me feel little again.

cuz people haven't. I haven't.

Dude, then go out and find them! These are great records. They are not obscure. You can probably get both on ebay for $10-20.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

Dude, then go out and find them! These are great records. They are not obscure. You can probably get both on ebay for $10-20.

i thought "its a boy" fetched a lil more loot than that. its a lil harder than most rickster 12s to track down.
    what else hasnt got mentioned besides the ghostproduced stuff?
    i mean, "hey girl" didnt really need to get shine on a favorite extraP beats thread.
    that powerule has a couple nice fills...one of them slows down a little as it goes,real rcognizable but i forget the sample source

i thought "its a boy" fetched a lil more loot than that. its a lil harder than most rickster 12s to track down.
    what else hasnt got mentioned besides the ghostproduced stuff?
    i mean, "hey girl" didnt really need to get shine on a favorite extraP beats thread.
    that powerule has a couple nice fills...one of them slows down a little as it goes,real rcognizable but i forget the sample source

Well it still gets decent change out here in the shops but I would assume like all 90s hip-hop 12"s on ebay it's gone down.

Worth every penny though!

When you think about it, if dude really produced the later G Rap and Rakim records dude has an incredible body of work. I mean, "Don't Sweat The Technique", "Know The Ledge" both sound like Extra P beats.

Biggest sham in rap music?

• Insulin1200Insulin1200 396 Posts

Biggest sham in rap music?

yes

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    If anything, it was really all of "Let the Rhythm Hit 'Em" that made me a fan of Large Pro production before I knew who he was or that he was the one responsible for the dopeness I was hearing.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I mean, "Don't Sweat The Technique", "Know The Ledge" both sound like Extra P beats.

Really? I don't think either of those two joints sound enough like his work from that time. I'm sure that Eric B didn't make 'em either, but I always thought Rakim was responsible for those two joints.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The outerlude at the end of "hip_hop"(last Album)
    No Exit-Akaneyle.