Just Blaze's Sound Library Receipt

2»

Comments

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    that picture is scary

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    i get the feeling that it must really suck to have to work in a-1, maybe even sound library, but everytime i go into A-1 the place is full of these wannabe producers name dropping kanye west and "discovering" samples the whole time they are there. not trying to find shit that piques their interest that has never been used, just listening to barry white and going, oh shit, that's where bla bla got bla bla for bla bla...and the dude at the counter just has to sit there and listen to that...all day long!

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    i get the feeling that it must really suck to have to work in a-1, maybe even sound library, but everytime i go into A-1 the place is full of these wannabe producers name dropping kanye west and "discovering" samples the whole time they are there. not trying to find shit that piques their interest that has never been used, just listening to barry white and going, oh shit, that's where bla bla got bla bla for bla bla...and the dude at the counter just has to sit there and listen to that...all day long!

I haven't really experienced that at TSL, but def at A-1. Last time I was at TSL though, some guy was taking each entire section A,B,C.... of soul and listening to every record. I almost killed him.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    on another tip, anyone knows how he dealt with "KayPee Ahem" people to clear up a couple of tracks he used...since i heard the T.I, i wouldnt be surprised if he have to rape the entire catalogue by demand (he started with Nick Ingman for Dynasty i think, now he's on Brian!!lol).

PM is necessary, coz i will have to deal in the same way sooner or later, so really im trying to get the clearance contact as much as i'm looking for infos about Just.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I haven't really experienced that at TSL, but def at A-1. Last time I was at TSL though, some guy was taking each entire section A,B,C.... of soul and listening to every record. I almost killed him.

I know "the customer is always right" but seriously, I think any record store should be entitled to institute a lifetime ban for shit like that.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    that "super blaze" beat that's floating aboot is wow. He's got it up on his myspace page.

hah!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    on another tip, anyone knows how he dealt with "KayPee Ahem" people to clear up a couple of tracks he used...since i heard the T.I, i wouldnt be surprised if he have to rape the entire catalogue by demand (he started with Nick Ingman for Dynasty i think, now he's on Brian!!lol).

PM is necessary, coz i will have to deal in the same way sooner or later, so really im trying to get the clearance contact as much as i'm looking for infos about Just.

Check your PM's, fella.

• Shit, worse than that. Everytime I'm in there it's someone pleading with them to put a dollarbin find on hold for them and then proceeding to tell them his life history where it relates to that record (or where not). The clerks are always looking straight ahead and not at dude, clearly not listening, but these people will not be deterred. I can't tell if they listen out of the goodness of their heart or because they don't want to lose that dollarbin-on-hold $ to Good

• He seems well-intentioned, but I have a strong sense that he discovered rap about eight months ago...

Actually, about eight months ago Tom confused Raekwon with RAWKAN:

http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat...true#Post301630

Anyway. Just Blaze is free to buy overpriced records at digger boutiques so long as he continues to make good tracks. Is it really any more complicated than that?

I think it's worth noting that at the time te whole Rawkan incident came to light, some random popped up on here and tried to say it was an inside joke. Well, if you look at that same review now, there is no mention of Rawkan and instead of "Rawkan who he never heard of before" he now discusses "Raekwon the returning Wu veteran" or some shit. Tom Breihan, you get the microwave hip-hop expert of the millenium award for that one boss.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    similar to the raekwon debacle, did anyone else catch a pitchfork writer mistaking wise intelligent from prt for anticon producer jel, who's album he appears on?

they've since changed up the review.

FUKABLOGGRT

• similar to the raekwon debacle, did anyone else catch a pitchfork writer mistaking wise intelligent from prt for anticon producer jel, who's album he appears on?

they've since changed up the review.

FUKABLOGGRT

I frequently make the same mistake.

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Good Records.....accurately-priced hip-hop

Yo your $5 bin has some nice bargains. I pulled a bunch of recentish (2000 era) rap that I had been looking for from your bins last month. Nice shop you got there.

Thanks for the words man. Those $5 bins just got cleared OUT! Shit's looking mad empty. I got a couple more boxes of cheapo hip-hop to put in there though. A couple dudes from countries afar walked out with like 2+ boxes of $5 joints, no lie.