raer records and the DJ

124»

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    random side story,
    ive only properly DJ'd once, like 15 years ago, and i had no idea what i was doing but it was fun. just had to do 15 min sets inbetween bands at a club that was doing a marathon show of like 12 or 15 bands. i was playing a fukt up mix of sabbath, pretenders, leroy hutson, superman records, EWF, whatever, just having fun, the crowd was cool, not dancing, just drinking, smoking, talking.

anyway, after a country rock band called "boys named sue" (complete with cowboy hats) finished their set i was inspired, and i dropped "im a little bit country" by donny and marie and they were PISSED. they came up and slapped the needle off making a big "VVVIP" sound that turned heads. then: "dont EVER play that again! asshole!" totally getting in my face! hahahaha

LOL

Thank you for making this thread worthwhile in the end.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Thats hilarious.

Yo birdman i totally agree with you and I just bounced cause i had no real attachement to the parties

What i meant by trying to hard was bpm,playlist setup, drop ins time stretch shit that gets tossed away cause no one cares. Thats trying too hard..also its nothing new.
    Ill stick to the parties I throw/promote

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Thats hilarious.

Yo birdman i totally agree with you and I just bounced cause i had no real attachement to the parties

What i meant by trying to hard was bpm,playlist setup, drop ins time stretch shit that gets tossed away cause no one cares. Thats trying too hard..also its nothing new.
    Ill stick to the parties I throw/promote

but you cared - isn't that most important?

anyway, not trying to belabour the point, obviously everyone wants something different out of the experience.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

but you cared - isn't that most important?

anyway, not trying to belabour the point, obviously everyone wants something different out of the experience.

Definitely, Bassie. But you know how it is..i wish people would have had the chance to listen by giving me a chance.(i got "cutoff" before i even got into the deeper part of my set) However, you are right no work is ever lost especially in this playlist setup DJgame. Ill throw that mix out next time.

btw thank god for songs like touch the sky to bridge the "gap"