Papoose & K-Slay Attack Dj Raedawn at S.O.B's NYC

2»

Comments

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Good. Bout time someone did something like that.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    so..... if one of you dudes are doing a hip hop set and some random dude grabs the mic and gives a speech about you playing "demonic music" you guys would be o.k with that ?

i don't disagree with dudes opinions but his actions were the epitome of narcissism....there were several different ways he could have voiced his opinion.....rather than shit on their music at their show....

"HEY!...LOOK AT ME, I'M POSITIVE,AND YOU'RE NOT......PEACE!"

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Remind me never to go to a hot97 show.

• Double_BDouble_B 169 Posts
    I meant 2 things by "wrong time, wrong place."

1. Other dudes have picked up on this: He was at a show that obviously was going to be nothing but raps about guns, drugs, and hoes. He has a good, no, a great, point, but it's just being provocative to go about it in the way he did. But, many people have got a lot done this way, so more power to him.

2 You can really get your ass kicked this way.

But, again, to all those who praise him for have a good point, and having a lot of balls: I agree.

PS Kayslay is basically the Jerry Springer/Enquirer magazine of mixtape/radio djs in nyc. His nicknames are: "The Drama King" and "Kay Slay, Smack Your Favorite DJ."

PPS Papoose is actually really good. He rhymes about some ignorant shit, but has some serious songs like "Flashbacks," about his childhood, and "Charades" about the hip-hop police. Hopefully he separates himself from the Kayslay foolishness in the future.

• I mean if you disagree with something going on shouldn't you raise your voice? What's wrong with dissention as long as you are ready to accept the consequences?

Nothing wrong with dissention. We're not talking about the state of the nation here. We're talking about someone who starts off by saying he doesn't even like this music then WILLINGLY went to the show.

And I'll restate what is plain on the video - the audience didn't even seem to like Papoose that much anyways by way of tepid applause. That to me would have been validation enough that fools weren't feeling his 'demonic' shit anyways. Hell, I've only heard of Papoose by name until tonite, so Rae done give this guy a shitload of free publicity.

Seriously, there are more important Love and Peace issues then some tepid hip hop turds.

And this is the same guy who worked on that scratch notation with John Carluccio.

• And this is the same guy who worked on that scratch notation with John Carluccio.

I thought that was Radar, not RaeDawn.

• I mean if you disagree with something going on shouldn't you raise your voice? What's wrong with dissention as long as you are ready to accept the consequences?

Nothing wrong with dissention. We're not talking about the state of the nation here. We're talking about someone who starts off by saying he doesn't even like this music then WILLINGLY went to the show.

Since when does Hip-hop have table manners?
    This is a genre and a culture that has a strong history of competition (both invited & uninvited). People been confronting other hip-hop folk over things much smaller than upstaging a show for decades now.

Besides that dude from Atlanta had a point and he made it in a way thats let him be heard beyond S.O.B.

The internet streets are now officially buzzing

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    This is a tricky gray area.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    "This is a genre and a culture that has a strong history of competition (both invited & uninvited). People been confronting other hip-hop folk over things much smaller than upstaging a show for decades now."

so then its all good, and very "hip-hop" that he was gonna get beatdown, right? so this is a nil story.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    And this is the same guy who worked on that scratch notation with John Carluccio.

I thought that was Radar, not RaeDawn.

Classic. ///fw-fw-fw-fwesh.

SOB's is mainly known for kufi rap and producer showcases. And world funky music (Sounds Of Brazil). That was some high school shit. How many times did dude say No No No No! Maybe Raedawn was pissed off because mojitos cost $10 and he saw the disconnect! And there's usually more ladies.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Who cares? DUde sounds like he just wanted to jump in and try to pull a guzzo on the whole situation. What followed sounds like the physical manifestation of a 5 pager.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    So.... who's down to go to brownsville and tell some folks to stop selling crack?

• ^ I'm down. Please meet me on the corner of Empire and Linden Blvd, my friend.
    And leave the keys to the record shop in a small can outside on the sidewalk.

I will hold them....for safekeeping!

^ I'm down. Please meet me on the corner of Empire and Linden Blvd, my friend.

How are you going to be at Empire & Linden and simultaneously pick up keys outide my shop? Physically impossible

I will raise the stakes. Meet me on the corner of Eastern Parkway & Mother Gaston. I'll be in the blue unmarked van with tape over the windows.

• ^ I'm down. Please meet me on the corner of Empire and Linden Blvd, my friend.

How are you going to be at Empire & Linden and simultaneously pick up keys outide my shop? Physically impossible

You have seen through my ruse...curses!

Let the K-Sleigh drama continue unabated!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    So.... who's down to go to brownsville and tell some folks to stop selling crack?

get in where you fit in.

get in where you fit in.

You down Tom? I think it's about time to put a stop to this poisonous behavior.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    if you in the right place at the right time, you could buy a TV for $5.

I usually pick up a half-couch when I go to get my car serviced out there. I keep getting the left half though, I need the other half!

• K-Slay was like "Who the fuck are you!!!!!!!!!!we're are you from!!!!"...I was like "ATL!!!"....so I through [sic] up peace symbols with both hands.....

B/W

"PEACE UP, A-TOWN DOWN...."

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    what I don't understand even more is... What does having dreadlocks have to do with NOT being from the ATL?!

Kay Slay disconnected from the streets clubs?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    so this is a nil story.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    This is a tricky gray area.

word...

raedawn is a friend of mine (is my next door neighbor, has djed at my night) and i would vouch for him 100% as being a good dude with his heart in the right place. he is indeed the scratch notation guy, knows his music, and recently put out a pretty good record on Tigerbeat 6. i think what he did took a lotta balls, i'm just not sure if it was the right thing to do. i myself would never grab the mic and comment on anyone's music, whether Celine Dion or Papoose, just because i feel like musicians should be allowed to do their thing, no matter what it is. if you like it, dope. if not, you don't have to be there. on the other hand, sometimes people need to be called on their shit. so, whatever... it is indeed tricky...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    no no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no no
    no no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no no
    no no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no n
    no no no no no no NO NO N
    no no no no no no NO
    no no no no
    no

N

O

no no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no no

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    no no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no no
    no no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no no
    no no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no n
    no no no no no no NO NO N
    no no no no no no NO
    no no no no
    no

N

O

no no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no nono no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO no no no no no