44 Adrian Griffin G-F .....please

34 Devin Harris G .......young

5 Josh Howard F 6-7 .....young

28 Didier Ilunga-Mbenga C .....who?

1 Rawle Marshall G-F .....rookie

41 Dirk Nowitzki - C F ......soft

33 Josh Powell F ....rookie

42 Jerry Stackhouse G-F .......cry baby

31 Jason Terry G .......Has he ever been in the playoffs ? because he has to face Sam Casell in the first round ....and Sam is ready

2 Keith Van Horn F ..... soft

These are your champions ??[/b]

Not yet.....just the team with second best record in the NBA....and while I agree with most of your assessments...Dirk is not soft and Josh Howard is an All-Star caliber player......and there is NO doubt they are deeper than Detroit and San Antone. Let me have my little fantasy.....they are closer this year than they have been in the past....and I'm sending Tonya Harding out to get Tim Duncan's knees!!

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    she is 6' 4" and it is much easier to dunk one-handed with a girl's ball.

i have never been able to watch women's basketball. not only are they lacking in athleticism, but for whatever reason, and unlike sports like tennis, swimming and golf, the skills just aren't there either. i'd rather watch two middle school boys teams play than a wnba game.

i'm kinda torn on this. im not the biggest women's bball fan, by any means. i watched a couple wnba games in it's inaugural season to hold me over, but it didn't really do the trick. but at the same time, you can't hate on homegirl for dunking and it's definitely not a good reason to launch into an anti-women bball diatribe.

i'm not hating on her, its just not impressive and draws attention to how far behind women are in athleticism and coordination in hoops. you will not find a single men's player in the ncaa (at any level) who is 6'4" and can't dunk with a girl's ball.

• 10 Darrell Armstrong G ..hasn't won a big game in his life

25 Erick Dampier C ........soft

6 Marquis Daniels G ...... young

7 DeSagana Diop C .......soft

31 Jason Terry G .......Has he ever been in the playoffs ? because he has to face Sam Casell in the first round ....and Sam is ready

Why don't you watch some Mavericks games before you come w/ these inaccurate assessments.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

as an old tiddie

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

as an old tiddie

Dude....all I can say is "Go Knickerbockers"!!!!

• Keith Van Horn is softer than a bean burrito wrapped in terrycloth.

as an old tiddie

Dude....all I can say is "Go Knickerbockers"!!!!

I'm only a Knicks fan by proxy

a more appropriate post would've been

Dude....all I can say is "Go Warriors"!!!!

• 41 Dirk Nowitzki - C F ......soft

as an old tiddie

Again, do y'all watch Mavs games or do you get all your information from Charles "Mavs baiting" Barkley? Dirk obviously doesn't have the bulk that the other Bigs do, but he will absolutely mix it up. He's been averaging close to 10 boards per for five years now. I can think of at least ten close Mavs games this year where Dirk has gotten a crunch-time block on a Big down low. Mismatched? Yes, most of the time. Effort? Always there w/ Dirk.

His defensive liabilities lie in his still-awkward footwork and poor decision making that often leaves him in no man's land or a step behind.

• I agree that any investigation that is done should focus on the ENTIRE sport, and not just Bonds. But, for whatever reason (that he is an asshole, that the media hates him, that he is a black man threatening the most hallowed white man in sports[/b]) there were people looking in to his past.

Umm...you do know that Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth's record on April 8, 1974, right?

as an old tiddie

Again, do y'all watch Mavs games or do you get all your information from Charles "Mavs baiting" Barkley? Dirk obviously doesn't have the bulk that the other Bigs do, but he will absolutely mix it up. He's been averaging close to 10 boards per for five years now. I can think of at least ten close Mavs games this year where Dirk has gotten a crunch-time block on a Big down low. Mismatched? Yes, most of the time. Effort? Always there w/ Dirk.

His defensive liabilities lie in his still-awkward footwork and poor decision making that often leaves him in no man's land or a step behind.

I've seen Dirk play plenty of times... the Mavs have been playoff contenders for years and he's one of the more well-known players out there.

I never said he was a bad player. But I have ALWAYS thought he was soft and I am always proven right when he's in a tough situation. The problem with dude is he doesn't have the bulk or the fucking stones to go in against most of the PFs in the game but he doesn't have the shot or the creativity of Bird (who I often hear him compared to). He gets on streaks and can really be infuriating (if you're rooting against him) but the dude is NOT all he's cracked up to be IMO... a good, not a great, player.

Btw close to 10 boards per is not a great statistic as far as big men go.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

10 Darrell Armstrong G ..hasn't won a big game in his life

25 Erick Dampier C ........soft

6 Marquis Daniels G ...... young

7 DeSagana Diop C .......soft

Why don't you watch some Mavericks games before you come w/ these inaccurate assessments.

feel free to make any corrections........by the way...any team that allows a man to score 62 points in 3 quarters is soft.....

• Keith Van Horn is softer than a bean burrito wrapped in terrycloth.

Now this statement is accurate. Seems like his nuts go up in his stomach in big games or crunch-time situations. I doubt he'll be back after his contract is up this offseason, but he is a necessary evil as Dirk's backup right now. Josh Powell ain't gonna get it done.

and there is NO doubt they are deeper than Detroit and San Antone.

teams only go 8 deep in the playoffs

Let me have my little fantasy

• 41 Dirk Nowitzki - C F ......soft

as an old tiddie

I've seen Dirk play plenty of times... the Mavs have been playoff contenders for years and he's one of the more well-known players out there.

I never said he was a bad player. But I have ALWAYS thought he was soft and I am always proven right when he's in a tough situation. The problem with dude is he doesn't have the bulk or the fucking stones to go in against most of the PFs in the game but he doesn't have the shot or the creativity of Bird (who I often hear him compared to). He gets on streaks and can really be infuriating (if you're rooting against him) but the dude is NOT all he's cracked up to be IMO... a good, not a great, player.

He rapes PFs dood. I drool when Dirk is matched up on most of the average PFs in the league. It is the quick and long players such as Marion or Bowen that give him fits.

Quibbles w/ Dirk's shot? Dunno how to respond to that. His numbers are phenomenal. Lemme know if you need me to go to nba.com and post them for you.

To say Dirk is good but not great is mad . He's been doing his thing for six-seven years now. Top ten in points, top ten in rebounds. His team has won 50 straight games for like 6-7 straight years, even after the supposed crippling losses of Nash and Finley. Write it down, dood will finish in the top two in MVP voting this year. He was third last year. Dood isn't great? Then that means there are like 3 great players in the league I guess.

Mavs are so hated and disrespected year in and year out. Meanwhile, there are about 26 other teams that would KILL to be where the Mavs are on a consistent basis. The Kings, T'Wolves, et al have all come and gone, w/ their best seasons being the same as the Mavs: losing in the WC Finals to the Spurs or Lakers. Those teams are rebuilding now, while the Mavs are about a season away from true glory. Shake the Hatters, Mavs!!!

I don't think this is the year they break through though. Sorry Rock. Maybe I'll change my opinion after I see how they do on April 7 for the SA rematch in SA. I'll be there.

Mavs are so hated and disrespected year in and year out.

I am ready to admit, I'm pretty much just hatting.

• 10 Darrell Armstrong G ..hasn't won a big game in his life He's not exactly a team leader. Career role player. Not soft. Will take 3 charges in 8 minutes played. 37 years old and the 3rd PG. What is exactly needed from that position in terms of toughness?[/b]

25 Erick Dampier C ........soft Disagree. Clumsy, occasionally lethargic, inconsistent and hands of stone. Still he clogs the lane and goes up hard on D. He stuffed the shit out of Drew Gooden last week. Better than Rasho. [/b]

6 Marquis Daniels G ...... young Not soft though. Tough on offense. he makes his living in the lane. Necessary. [/b]

7 DeSagana Diop C .......soft maybe you are thinking of Cavs-era Diop. Dood's still 22, so he has time to grow. but he's not soft. He swats a lot of shots and is very active for a Big. Diop + Damps = Mohammed + Nesterovic.[/b]

44 Adrian Griffin G-F .....please Please what? This is where your lack of context on the team shows. Plucked off the streets in Dec and a total "glue" type player. he's like the dood who shows up at the Rec and straight balls wearing short shorts on top of his khakis. Gives you defense and offense where needed. [/b]

34 Devin Harris G .......young Kind of injury prone. The light is coming on though. Has Tony parker like ability to get to the hole. Few can check his quicks. Just needs seasoning. [/b]

5 Josh Howard F 6-7 .....young Third year. Young doesn't apply. Near all-star caliber, like Rock said, and tough as nails. He's almost the team's enforcer (which is a bit troubling in some aspects, I'll admit). [/b]

28 Didier Ilunga-Mbenga C .....who? 3rd center. 7 foot tall and super-athletic. Still too raw to contribute though. [/b]

41 Dirk Nowitzki - C F ......soft No. [/b]

42 Jerry Stackhouse G-F .......cry baby Maybe so, but he's a vet and he is not soft. Will lay a hard foul or pull out a sick block. 'Member when he capped Marion's dunk in the playoffs last year? Sick. Don't hatt on Stack. [/b]

31 Jason Terry G .......Has he ever been in the playoffs ? because he has to face Sam Casell in the first round ....and Sam is ready He single-handedly won two games v. the Rockets last year. Phuck the Alien. JET's ready too. [/b]

2 Keith Van Horn F ..... soft as phuck [/b]

These are your champions ??

Probably nto the champs this year unless they can figure out how to beat SA. next year could be the year though.

• Mavs are so hated and disrespected year in and year out.

I am ready to admit, I'm pretty much just hatting.

self-

I should know by now not to let peeps press my hot buttons (Mavs/Saints/LSU). This is why I can't listen to sports radio anymore. I'm sick. I get all angry and shit.

• I agree that any investigation that is done should focus on the ENTIRE sport, and not just Bonds. But, for whatever reason (that he is an asshole, that the media hates him, that he is a black man threatening the most hallowed white man in sports[/b]) there were people looking in to his past.

Umm...you do know that Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth's record on April 8, 1974, right?

Yeah, but Bonds hasn't passed him yet. And Bonds did say that he wanted to pass Ruth's mark because he is white. Not trying to start an 8-pager here, but do you think that MAY have swayed some popular opinion on Bonds? Just maybe?

• feel free to make any corrections........by the way...any team that allows a man to score 62 points in 3 quarters is soft.....

Hey, one regular season game does not an NBA team make. That game served as a fulcrum and the team has been doing excellent ever since. Still, , I agree. Thank you for being worse, Toronto!

I can't wait until the playoffs .....

• I can't wait until the playoffs .....

yes, when wack-ass seeding rules will probably force us out in the seventh game of round 2.

just saying mang, everyone can pick apart the mavs. but what about y'alls teams? i mean, i'd hate to be the fan of any EC team not named Detroit or Miami. what would the point be of even playing the season?

Yeah, but Bonds hasn't passed him yet. And Bonds did say that he wanted to pass Ruth's mark because he is white. Not trying to start an 8-pager here, but do you think that MAY have swayed some popular opinion on Bonds? Just maybe?

Bonds has never been a media darlin, he is the most perfect example of steroid abuse, after he get Lyle Alzedo cancer I'm sure he'll come clean but its pointless. his girth and improvement with middle age is about as "red-handed" as one can be without being kicked out the game.

As far as turning it into a race issue, thats pure bullshit. the MLB leader in HR's is black, other great black players such as Willie Mays have come out and said some shit about it as well.

Dudes a bitch ass cheater and doesn't deserve any records he got/ will get

Same goes for Maguire and any other dumbfuck that roided up

as a matter of fact Maguire should be given a deadline to come clean or be banned from baseball altogether

And Bonds did say that he wanted to pass Ruth's mark because he is white.

Will one of the race relations experts on the board please explain if this is a racist statement....I need to be educated on the state of political correctness circa 2006

• Bonds has never been a media darlin, he is the most perfect example of steroid abuse, after he get Lyle Alzedo cancer I'm sure he'll come clean but its pointless. his girth and improvement with middle age is about as "red-handed" as one can be without being kicked out the game.

As far as turning it into a race issue, thats pure bullshit. the MLB leader in HR's is black, other great black players such as Willie Mays have come out and said some shit about it as well.

as a matter of fact Maguire should be given a deadline to come clean or be banned from baseball altogether

Fuck this diplomatic debate-team-ass-shit. I'm rollin' with Dabney on this.

Bonds has never been a media darlin, he is the most perfect example of steroid abuse, after he get Lyle Alzedo cancer I'm sure he'll come clean but its pointless. his girth and improvement with middle age is about as "red-handed" as one can be without being kicked out the game.

Fuck this diplomatic debate-team-ass-shit. I'm rollin' with Dabney on this.

Double cosign

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    but the dude is NOT all he's cracked up to be IMO... a good, not a great, player.

no, i disagree. nobody hypes anybody up actually. in all fairness how many 7-fters in history of the league has that great a shooting touch? he's not a great player though.

Ofcourse, he does not play the role of proto-type rebounder.

Kobe's not getting any foul calls these days...

None. in yesterday's game alone, i saw him get knocked down to the floor like 3 times. the officiating has been really incosistent and incompetent especially as of late.

• he's not a great player though.

pffft. total silliness. c'mon yuichi.

he's not a great player though.

alright he's very good.

"great" would be.....hall-of-fame worthy players.....players that are the whole package and can lead their team to a championship....Duncan, O'neal, Kobe, Rip Hamilton, Tony Parker (with a few more years), etcx2. IMHO, those are some GREAT players.

Although this may be the year for Dirk.

• he's not a great player though.

alright he's very good.

"great" would be.....hall-of-fame worthy players.....players that are the whole package and can lead their team to a championship....Duncan, O'neal, Kobe, Rip Hamilton, Tony Parker (with a few more years), etcx2. IMHO, those are some GREAT players.

Barkley never led anybody to shit and he's top 50.

Same w/ Karl Malone.

If Dirk replicates his stats until he's in his mid-30s, he'll easily be in the Hall of Fame.

Rip Hamilton? He's Mitch Richmond on a good team.

The case could be made that Kobe hasn't led anybody to anything yet. He piggy-backed on with Shaq and Phillip.

he's not a great player though.

alright he's very good.

Barkley never led anybody to shit and he's top 50.

Same w/ Karl Malone.

If Dirk replicates his stats until he's in his mid-30s, he'll easily be in the Hall of Fame.

Rip Hamilton? He's Mitch Richmond on a good team.

The case could be made that Kobe hasn't led anybody to anything yet. He piggy-backed on with Shaq and Phillip.

I won't argue your other points.

I will say that Dirk could improve his defense. Most of those players you mentioned rarely gave up easy baskets.