too many Soulclaps!!!

Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Its friday again, which means I probably have to go out tonight. Something I noticed last week is the sheer amount of different soul claps.Back on the west coast, it was a five and then a bump with closed fist. So easy.In ny, there's the five with a slide into a knuckle clutch, but then there's also sometimes a few move alteration where the hands are clapsed at angles. then sometimes another move. There's also the dreaded soulclap, plus anlge grip into a manhug. MANHUGs are not necessary. Every acquiantence I see has a different souclap and most are now doing the manhug. Dont even get me started on saying high to girls. Some girls like to hug, some go in for a cheek kiss, some like the french style double cheek, while others just give you a limp hand. Personally, I like a hand and a peck on the cheek. A girl last week kissed me on the lips. All this is much too complicated for me and makes me not want to go out.

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    you talkin about DAPPS?!

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    you talkin about DAPPS?!

i dont even know what that is!!! Is it another high five I have to learn??!!

old school dudes call the fancy hand-greetings DAPS

SOULCLAPPIN is the double-timed clap that occurs during many mid-60s mod soul tunes

but perhaps this is regional terminology

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    I feel you, the limp hand ish is week! That and the I'm not gonna grab your whole hand but only the fingertips and then they give you that look like U gots a week soulclap! Dog yall didn't try to feel my grip so don't even give me that, now I just give the double Ironfisted Knukle, SOLID!... Or the Stink Palm!

old school dudes call the fancy hand-greetings DAPS

SOULCLAPPIN is the double-timed clap that occurs during many mid-60s mod soul tunes

gotcha, I am so disconnected.

I've actually gotten a few limp shakes from dudes lately, but had one REAL POWERFUL grip from a female the other day

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Its friday again, which means I probably have to go out tonight. Something I noticed last week is the sheer amount of different soul claps.

Back on the west coast, it was a five and then a bump with closed fist. So easy.

In ny, there's the five with a slide into a knuckle clutch, but then there's also sometimes a few move alteration where the hands are clapsed at angles. then sometimes another move.

There's also the dreaded soulclap, plus anlge grip into a manhug. MANHUGs are not necessary. Every acquiantence I see has a different souclap and most are now doing the manhug.

Working this out is really stressful I hear ya. I usually do the hip shake clutch into finger snap and don't stress anything else. To me that's like industry standard. I'll do a half hug if we're tight, but none of that for people I just met. That's some other weird shit, when dudes you just met are all lovey dovey.

It sucks when one of you is expecting one thing and the other something else. That's like a dapp train wreck.

Dont even get me started on saying high to girls. Some girls like to hug, some go in for a cheek kiss, some like the french style double cheek, while others just give you a limp hand. Personally, I like a hand and a peck on the cheek. A girl last week kissed me on the lips.

All this is much too complicated for me and makes me not want to go out.

Kisses and hugs from cuties make you not want to go out??

I usually do the hip shake clutch into finger snap and don't stress anything else. To me that's like industry standard.

Kisses and hugs from cuties make you not want to go out??

Im having a hard time visualizing what a hip shake clutch is...

kisses and hugs from trifling bar rats isnt really what it used to be...

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    Dont even get me started on saying high to girls. Some girls like to hug, some go in for a cheek kiss, some like the french style double cheek, while others just give you a limp hand. Personally, I like a hand and a peck on the cheek.

Yo, it's not easy for us either. Being Latina I guess I was raised touchy-feely so it's natural for me to do the arm around the shoulder and kiss on the cheek. But once time I did that to a male acquaintance and I got the straight arm. More often guys think it's an invitation to give you the full body press.

You think thats awkward... my mind just took me back to when I stayed in France as an adolescent...

As you all know, females and males always give each other a kiss on both cheeks

Well one of my first days there, I was laid out on the beach... I'm introduced to this girl, who was VERY well-endowed and topless, who leans down to give me my kisses...

This was an extremely greeting for my sheltered 15-year-old ass...

Dont even get me started on saying high to girls. Some girls like to hug, some go in for a cheek kiss, some like the french style double cheek, while others just give you a limp hand. Personally, I like a hand and a peck on the cheek.

Yo, it's not easy for us either. Being Latina I guess I was raised touchy-feely so it's natural for me to do the arm around the shoulder and kiss on the cheek. But once time I did that to a male acquaintance and I got the straight arm. More often guys think it's an invitation to give you the full body press.

as long as its natural I can hang. The thing with women is you dont want to be too touchy feely. Like going in for a cheek kiss when its not expected. Or they're doing an air kiss and you plant one really hard like right next to her mouth. you feel like a molestor the rest of the night. But you also dont want to not offer any body contact cause then the girl will think you find her repulsive or you think that she thinks that your afraid of contact with the opposite sex.

the whole male, lets rub each others shoulders thing has gotten way out of control. With old friends, whatever. But for heads you've met in bars like three or four times, its gotten too far out of control. maybe i've just been hanging out in gay bars.

You think thats awkward... my mind just took me back to when I stayed in France as an adolescent...

As you all know, females and males always give each other a kiss on both cheeks

Well one of my first days there, I was laid out on the beach... I'm introduced to this girl, who was VERY well-endowed and topless, who leans down to give me my kisses...

This was an extremely greeting for my sheltered 15-year-old ass...

last time i was in france, a male dude gave me a kiss, pretty close to the lips. is that standard? fyi, he had a girlfriend.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Yup.One of the worst moves - dudes who put the one arm around you rib-level and then snake up the side and graze the side your t*t.
    A firm elbow to the ribs takes care of that.

I come from a touchy-feely culture, too. If we know each other - I like the kiss on both cheeks, if we know each other and really like each other, hugs and kisses.

if neither, a firm hand shake is good. we've already covered how totally lame limp handshakes are.