What Pisses Strutters Off

124»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    It's really simple. Just don't say it.[/b]

I disagree. Say that shit. I'd rather people show their true self than hide behind some online persona. I'd rather deal with people that are just blatantly racist and realize it than someone that hides behind their own BS (not directed at any one in particular*).

That's just me though.

*Rockadelic, I personally don't think you're a racist, never did.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I disagree. Say that shit. I'd rather people show their true self than hide behind some online persona. I'd rather deal with people that are just blatantly racist and realize it than someone that hides behind their own BS (not directed at any one in particular*).

You cant talk that way at work.

What year is this? WTF!!!!!!!

I wouldnt want to "DEAL" with anyone who is blatantly racist.

Malcom X said that he had more respect for South Africa than for America because they do what they preach. America says one thing but does another, while SA preached apartheid and practiced it too. Jesus, I wish I could remember the quote, but its been a long time.

By "deal", I really mean to cope with their bullshit. At the very least, they understand what they think.

• hurt feelings happen... too many of yall are soft.

SADAT X......................

no hurt feelings there... hes just a racist disrespectful ****** that should be put to *****... fuck that bitch. i hope he gets whats coming to him...

ill just let the moderators erase that.

I'll leave it up to another Moderator to erase it but please watch your words, Jinx.
    that comment is completely out of line.

cosign

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i dont need a pass. i wrote exactly what i wanted to write. and if yall want me banned please ask rick or dave or mark or anyone... thats fine with me. i dont have a problem with it. im not important enough to keep around. i know this.

so tripdub, harvey, edp, and the rest of you who want to ban me... thats fine. i wrote what i wrote and i explained myself. i cant do anything more than that. i apologized to those who got hurt and upset by my use of the n-word. i was sincere. if thats not good enough, well, thats all i can do.

stay hurt and mad... thats okay. its too bad that i wrote what i did to get yall so up in arms. and yeah it is an overly unnecessary action for me to take at a situation that happened close to a decade ago. take backs dont happen in real life so it is what it is. maybe one day i wont have anymore hate in my heart but not today. i am sorry about that too.

i cant get you to not be upset anymore. so... i guess thats it. yall will stay mad at this and thats that.

ill write it once more... i apologize to those of you who took offense. i write and say things at times that are over the top and unneccessary from time to time. why? i honestly dont know. i dont have any excuses. its wrong. period.

and... i have nothing else. thats it!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

By "deal", I really mean to cope with their bullshit. At the very least, they understand what they think.

cope with their bullshit

There is no "cope", son.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Be mad at Sadat all you want, but understand that it wasn't his skin color that did you wrong.

I'm saddened to see you stoop to such a low. I previously thought much better of you...even though you did turn on me in a bad way after I got banned for doing something 1/1000th as bad as what you just did.

Now I'm simply forced to put you in my trash can for good.

cope with their bullshit

There is no "cope", son.

So what else is there? Let's hear what you do when constantly confronted with the bullshit.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Be mad at Sadat all you want, but understand that it wasn't his skin color that did you wrong.

I'm saddened to see you stoop to such a low. I previously thought much better of you...even though you did turn on me in a bad way after I got banned for doing something 1/1000th as bad as what you just did.

Now I'm simply forced to put you in my trash can for good.

i guess what will probably even make less sense and you more mad... like thats possible... is that i dont associate the n-word with just black people. yes its stupid because i understand who the word is associated with and yes i understand how stupid this may sound. but i grew up hearing that word said to different nationalities by family members and teamsters. the word just always was associated with a bad person and not the skin color. might not make sense but its the truth.

even rereading this... which i never do but should from now on, probably get into less trouble that way... it doesnt make a lot of sense. i get it. no one else will. guess its still all bad then...

this in no way excuses anything. im not trying to be your friend. i just dont see racial shit the same way others do. guess im just uneducated and ignorant.

and harveycanal... i have no idea who you are? i dont remember turning on you either? what was that about? i will say that your last line was quite funny even though i know you meant to be serious.

I'd still be posting as Archaic if that account wasn't fucked up.

That's something I never understood about the Bay. In NOLA if you weren't black and you uttered such a word for ANY reason, you would immediately see any good natured black person turn into a unstoppable beating machine. It was well understood by all that if you went there you would not escape from a shitstorm coming down on you hard and fast. And even if you were a glutton who for whatever reason wanted to be beat down, that was it. No more hanging out with anybody from then on. You might as well wear a Scarlet letter.

In contrast, punk ass Latinos and Asians in the Bay somehow got convinced that it was cool for them to use the word...even though any time I witnessed instances of it, you would see an expression come across their faces as if they were saying to themselves "hee hee, I just got away with something."

Yeah, you did...because if you brought that shit to the turfs of NOLA you wouldn't last 2 fuckin seconds. That's a big reason why I think a lot of people posing as real in hip-hop are fake-ass marks getting by within fake-ass chump scenes that let them get away with obvious bullshit.

Justin, you ain't hard. You are just lucky, that's all.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    unstoppable beating machine

I'm stealing this phrase because it's seriously awesome. Just so's ya knows.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    unstoppable beating-off machine

I'm stealing this phrase because it's seriously awesome. Just so's ya knows.

thats seriously gross.

• I'd still be posting as Archaic if that account wasn't fucked up.

That's something I never understood about the Bay. In NOLA if you weren't black and you uttered such a word for ANY reason, you would immediately see any good natured black person turn into a unstoppable beating machine. It was well understood by all that if you went there you would not escape from a shitstorm coming down on you hard and fast. And even if you were a glutton who for whatever reason wanted to be beat down, that was it. No more hanging out with anybody from then on. You might as well wear a Scarlet letter.

In contrast, punk ass Latinos and Asians in the Bay somehow got convinced that it was cool for them to use the word...

I'm in no way condoning what was said here, just trying to offer something on this point of regional-linguistic use of the word 'nigger' here.

I just reread Ken Kesey's novel, "Sometimes a Great Notion," which was his depiction of logging life in a small Oregon town, circa 1960. 1 black character in the book. Everyone's white. Anyway, throughout the book, the loggers (all white) refer to themselves and each other as "nigger" repeatedly. In casual conversation, at work, at bars, etc. So, looking at this in Pac/Northwest and Bay areas (fairly close to each other), and hearing Jinx above say that he heard it a lot growing up in Union circles, there does seem to be a trend of using this word among working-class whites, especially in the recent past (50 yearsish, maybe?). This may just shed some light on why the word is used differently in certain parts of the country, specifically the Northwest.

That is not how Jinx used it on page 1, and I'm not condoning that. Nor am I going to show up in NOLA tomorrow yelling it out for all to hear; nor, will I show up in Oregon doing the same. BUT, just wanted to offer a little something I'd picked up lately to offer to this linguistic part of the conversation.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'm not remotely defending Justin's unfortunate choice of language but seriously, I wish most of you would be this outraged when people throw around "faggot" loosely or use "bitch" to refer to a woman.

The standard for decorum should not be, "will you get beat down for saying this."

I'd still be posting as Archaic if that account wasn't fucked up.

In contrast, punk ass Latinos and Asians in the Bay somehow got convinced that it was cool for them to use the word...

I'm in no way condoning what was said here, just trying to offer something on this point of regional-linguistic use of the word 'nigger' here.

I just reread Ken Kesey's novel, "Sometimes a Great Notion," which was his depiction of logging life in a small Oregon town, circa 1960. 1 black character in the book. Everyone's white. Anyway, throughout the book, the loggers (all white) refer to themselves and each other as "nigger" repeatedly. In casual conversation, at work, at bars, etc. So, looking at this in Pac/Northwest and Bay areas (fairly close to each other), and hearing Jinx above say that he heard it a lot growing up in Union circles, there does seem to be a trend of using this word among working-class whites, especially in the recent past (50 yearsish, maybe?). This may just shed some light on why the word is used differently in certain parts of the country, specifically the Northwest.

That is not how Jinx used it on page 1, and I'm not condoning that. Nor am I going to show up in NOLA tomorrow yelling it out for all to hear; nor, will I show up in Oregon doing the same. BUT, just wanted to offer a little something I'd picked up lately to offer to this linguistic part of the conversation.

I could really go off on this reply. But I'm choosing not to.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

I'm not condoning slurs, but does free speech play any part in the lives of you posters? If Justin wants to say certain things, let him, it's his right. Is there some kind of meta-moderator that will shut the whole site down due to a few errant words? Should we retro-activate our censorship of Mark Twain or Malcolm X?

If a dude is out of line, let him sternly know and don't deal with him anymore, but do not discount his right to opinion.

I'm not condoning slurs, but does free speech play any part in the lives of you posters? If Justin wants to say certain things, let him, it's his right. Is there some kind of meta-moderator that will shut the whole site down due to a few errant words? Should we retro-activate our censorship of Mark Twain or Malcolm X?

If a dude is out of line, let him sternly know and don't deal with him anymore, but do not discount his right to opinion.

Please read the thread titled Peace!

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

I did.

• Is there some kind of meta-moderator that will shut the whole site down due to a few errant words?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    So in Archaics world using a slur is cause for bannishment

but downplaying the slaughter of millions of Jews and speaking on other variants of Holocaust revision are totally ok.

Dude you should punch yourself in the face until you think straight.

So in Archaics world using a slur is cause for bannishment

but downplaying the slaughter of millions of Jews and speaking on other variants of Holocaust revision are totally ok.

Dude you should punch yourself in the face until you think straight.

Do you even read threads before you respond to them?

Who ever downplayed the slaughter of millions of Jews, blacks, Gypsies, the handicapped, twins, homosexuals, political dissidents, etc. who together were slaughtered in the Holocaust aside from you who consistently attempts to characterize it as only[/b] the slaughter of Jews???

You are the revisionist in this discussion, not me.

• Man some of ya'll a bunch of nancys...

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    To those who think I gave jinx a pass for using the word are wrong. I did not. I just didn't feel the need to add on to things that were already said by people who are much more entitled to calling him out on it. He apologized, deal with it, or don't, but don't involve me with that shit.

• dhrupickdhrupick 21 Posts
    you dudes are oscar wildin'

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

I am 37 years old and have lived in the Pacific Nortwest my entire life. I grew up around fishermen, lumber mill workers, boeing workers, union people (I was a member of I.A.T.S.E. local #15), etc. I have NEVER heard white people call each other "nigger." You are really trippin' with this example of the usage of the word.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i dont need a pass. i wrote exactly what i wanted to write. and if yall want me banned please ask rick or dave or mark or anyone... thats fine with me. i dont have a problem with it. im not important enough to keep around. i know this.

so tripdub, harvey, edp, and the rest of you who want to ban me... thats fine. i wrote what i wrote and i explained myself. i cant do anything more than that. i apologized to those who got hurt and upset by my use of the n-word. i was sincere. if thats not good enough, well, thats all i can do.

i'm not one of those who wants to ban you. shit, after saying some shit like that, you better stay the fuck around and hear people out.

archaic summed it up perfectly:

everyone says real dumb shit at some time or other. just take some time and think of how ignorant that statement is (hopefully you havent been thinking like that for the last ten years). a lot of people got all the rights in the world to get real fucking mad about its use.

bewell,t

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    edp, and the rest of you who want to ban me...

i have never called for anyone to be banned ...not my style

• no hurt feelings there... hes just a racist disrespectful nigger that should be put to death... fuck that bitch. i hope he gets whats coming to him...

stay hurt and mad... thats okay. its too bad that i wrote what i did to get yall so up in arms. and yeah it is an overly unnecessary action for me to take at a situation that happened close to a decade ago. take backs dont happen in real life so it is what it is. maybe one day i wont have anymore hate in my heart but not today. i am sorry about that too.

i cant get you to not be upset anymore. so... i guess thats it. yall will stay mad at this and thats that.

ill write it once more... i apologize to those of you who took offense. i write and say things at times that are over the top and unneccessary from time to time. why? i honestly dont know. i dont have any excuses. its wrong. period.

and... i have nothing else. thats it!

take that shit to aryanbrotherhood.com you racist piece of shit, and take your dickriding homies with you.