• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

that woman disgusts me, and her personality matches her disgusting outside

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Explain.

Explain.

if you ever had any dealings with her you would understand, everyone that i have met that has hates her, thin line between being a diva and a straight up bitch

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

She is not healthy and her voice sounds bad. She admitted in an interview recently that her weight is hurting her singing--among other things. I don't know her personality, but she's one of the greats. It's utterly heartbreakinig to see her these days.

• is that...Aretha?

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

who is this?

is that...Aretha?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Though it's always to comment on something you haven't read yourself, by all accounts her autobiography doesn't paint a very pretty picture of her mindset.

Can't fuck with that voice though, gives me shivers.

is that...Aretha?

please tell me it's not...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Though it's always to comment on something you haven't read yourself, by all accounts her autobiography doesn't paint a very pretty picture of her mindset.

Can't fuck with that voice though, gives me shivers.

LOL... if your OWN autobiog makes you look bad...

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    shes not looking good at all... etta james is looking good after droppping 200lbs. miss peaches once again...

so this is really what aretha looks like now? and she's not nice? it's times like this that i wish i didn't read this board so often.

and she's not nice? it's times like this that i wish i didn't read this board so often.

i still love a bit of rocksteady here and there but really, meeting musicians you like is not always a good thing, if their idiots i have a hard time listening to their music afterwards, its something i can't seperate

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

and she's not nice? it's times like this that i wish i didn't read this board so often.

i still love a bit of rocksteady here and there but really, meeting musicians you like is not always a good thing, if their idiots i have a hard time listening to their music afterwards, its something i can't seperate

I know--you build them up in your mind to have all these wonderful characteristics, then you meet them, and you find out that really, they're kind of idiot savants when it comes to music and suck at everything else.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    A lot of the greats are assholes... I never encounter them in the world though so its not a problem for me...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Dudes, regardless of her weight or personality, Aretha is one of the greatest soul singers of all time. Have a little respect.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Have a little respect.

For Real.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    shes not looking good at all... etta james is looking good after droppping 200lbs. miss peaches once again...

Before:

After:

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Before:

After:

Glad to see Etta is doing well, and she didn't even have to go on a stupid fucking TV show to do it.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Have a little respect.

For Real.

Ditto. A lot of embarassing behavior around here lately.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I'm sorry,Aretha should be ashamed of herself.....she's a damn role model (despite what Barkley says)...her fans gave her the opportunity to live a greedful life ...at least she could be kind and take care of her voice....all these fat half dressed singers ...i'm sure Beyonce will weigh 350 in 20 years ....its not a good example for young female singers when a role model gives up on her health

• Have a little respect.

For Real.

File under "Love The Art, Not The Artist."

Hi Ts*ga ! whats good holmes?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    File under "Love The Art, Not The Artist."

and furthermore........... she's a millionaire ! why cant you hire a goddamn personal chef and be a good example as a diva ?

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    She's had a hard few years. Didn't she have a giant fire at her house? Or lose a bunch of money. I remember reading that her like 100 thou Steinway was either sold or destroyed. That would drive to emotional eating.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

Before:

After:

Wow, amazing. Gastric bypass?

• puchitopuchito 374 Posts
    A lot of the greats are assholes..

Co-Sign. Sometimes people forget that they are people too, and have unrealistic expectations of them based on their music or what ever else they have developed a reputation for.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm sorry,Aretha should be ashamed of herself.....she's a damn role model (despite what Barkley says)...her fans gave her the opportunity to live a greedful life ...at least she could be kind and take care of her voice....all these fat half dressed singers ...i'm sure Beyonce will weigh 350 in 20 years ....its not a good example for young female singers when a role model gives up on her health

you don't get a pass on being a bad person just cause you got a golden voice

self respect and responsibility isn't carried by others

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    she's a damn role model

Because of the poor example set by Aretha, I myself am now teetering dangerously close to obesity....