Disco D interview (K-fed related)

pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Just checked this in local culture weeklyJesus I had no idea who dude was (its not like I heard his 50 track) but these quotes we're intense
M: I gotta ask you about Kevin Federline[/b] ???you???re producing five tracks on his new album, you???re catching a lot of heat for that online.DD: I don???t give a fuck. I went to the University of Michigan, got a bachelor???s in business marketing and corporate strategy, you know? It???s all about number of impressions, man. When I reply to keep those threads going, and let people think I care, it???s just to keep it at the top of the page. It???s all fucking marketing, dude. I have a guaranteed five songs on that album, that???s gonna be worth so much money, dude. Not only that, some of his shit???s really good. He???s working with Game now, all the Black Wall Street dudes, he???s got mad co-signs gong on, you guys don???t know anything about Federline. Federline is the ultimate pimp, he???s the number-one pimp in the world. Anyone that talks shit about him is just fuckin??? jealous, ???cause look, he fuckin??? split with his girl that was two months pregnant with his kid, to fuckin??? go off on tour with Britney Spears, made her fall in love with him, fuckin??? like, made her propose to him, video-taped the whole damn thing, got her to pay for the engagement ring, got married, sold the damn tape with her to MTV, made 30 per cent of the money, and got her pregnant. He???s the most talked-about man in the paparazzi. So dude, that dude is absolutely brilliant. Whether he can rap or not, you gotta respect that dude. [/b]
DD: You see what I???m saying, though? It???s the same shit, now that I live there. For me, it???s no stress to do a song like ???Ski Mask Way??? ???cause I was living in a grimy-ass basement with no natural light, and rats chewing holes in the ceiling and shit. It wasn???t a stretch, emotionally. Of course, now I???m living in a pimp-ass sixth-floor place. Then there???s the baile funk stuff ???cause, fuck, you know, I just spent two weeks running around the favelas in Rio, shooting two music videos and an EPK documentary, with more fuckin??? machine guns and grenades than I seen in my fuckin??? life. [/b] M: Sounds pretty safe.DD: At this point, I???m already so down with these guys [rambles on in Portuguese again]. Dude , two of the biggest funk artists made a song about me called ???Gringo Luoco,??? about how I go into the hood with no bulletproofing and everyone respects me.[/b] Shit, I ran around Detroit since I was 15, I ran around Kingston. I mean, dude, I???m bipolar, I tried to commit suicide twice, like, I???m not scared of anything, know what I???m sayin???? I don???t give a fuck, dude???to me, life???s a big video game.
Kid's got an attitude, I wonder if he produced Popo zaow...the Game and Kfed The guy also hates on message boards and gets into arguments with detractors to get his name out there

Comments

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    haha, D. is my boy. He's crazy and cocky and makes fucking fucky-ass music.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Haha, I remember when Disco D was spinning in streets of suburban Michigan. Now he's K-Fed related!

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Haha, I remember when Disco D was spinning in streets of suburban Michigan. Now he's K-Fed related!

It's good to see a UofM Business School grad 'make it'...

pimp please.

It's good to see a UofM Business School grad 'make it'...

pimp please.

I wonder what Bob from Changes is doing right about now?

I don't get this ref, plaese to esplain?

---

---

Bob was this ex-hippy foul breathded thick rim black plastic scruffy faceded tub bellied tie-died shirt wearing dude who owned Changes in Birmingham. It was the hip place in middle school to buy blacklight posters and T-shirts of your favorite band. The shop eventually closed and I was just wondering what he's into now. I remember during some kind Birmingham block party that he had Disco D spinning outside the store, and I think that's the last time I've seen him. We used to cross paths farily often.

ok, yeah, the skreets of Birmingham. I heard it's ruff & tuff out there...

'Old Woodward holla at a playa'

---

---

Oh, you think you know - but you have no idea.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    posting this interview is feeding into the marketing machine that is k-fed/disco d
    way to go k-fed you turned your life into a spectacle for everyone to see and critize! way to pimp your dignity and self respect!

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    I don???t give a fuck, dude???to me, life???s a big video game.

I kinda respect the kid.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    DD: I don???t give a fuck. I went to the University of Michigan, got a bachelor???s in business marketing and corporate strategy, you know? It???s all about number of impressions, man. When I reply to keep those threads going, and let people think I care, it???s just to keep it at the top of the page. It???s all fucking marketing, dude.

I'm sorry, but this is such a retarded 1998 Silicon Valley view of marketing. Sure it works in building hype in the short run, but if you can't back it up with some substance, you'll fade away in the blink of an eye with no chance of a comeback. Not a good long term career look. I can't comment on dude's music cuz I've never heard it, but if he's talking like K-Fed is the next big thing, I probably don't have to.

DJ Ferrari

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    I can't comment on dude's music cuz I've never heard it, but if he's talking like K-Fed is the next big thing, I probably don't have to.

DJ Ferrari

he produced "Ski Mask Way" on 50 Cent's last album. It's a good soul-loop type beat, you would probably like it.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Terrible video. The song is a little bit better than average. I don't see Disco D being the next big thing though.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

Beat's nice... I'll give him that. Nothing to write home about, though. I was commenting more on how his attitude will come back and bite him in the ass in the long run if he keeps it up.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

---

Bob was this ex-hippy foul breathded thick rim black plastic scruffy faceded tub bellied tie-died shirt wearing dude who owned Changes in Birmingham. It was the hip place in middle school to buy blacklight posters and T-shirts of your favorite band. The shop eventually closed and I was just wondering what he's into now. I remember during some kind Birmingham block party that he had Disco D spinning outside the store, and I think that's the last time I've seen him. We used to cross paths farily often.

HA! i remember that place, only went there a couple of times, think i bought a my bloody valentine sticker there or something

fools don't fuck around in birmingham!

HA!

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

---

Oh, you think you know - but you have no idea.
    I love how "living in Detroit" is the ultimate hood pass if you're caucasian. I'm not sure how being a producer calls for some street credibility, but that's highly amusing to me.
    North Rosedale Park represent! Palmer Park is the trap! Indian Village bitch!

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

---

HA! i remember that place, only went there a couple of times, think i bought a my bloody valentine sticker there or something

fools don't fuck around in birmingham!

HA!
    Did you guys see that story of the kid that got punked for his "G-U NOT" t-shirt in Birmingham by members of G-Unit (during the weekend of the big Shady/Aftermath show last year)? Ay, the stories are true. LMAO

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    disco D's got the Favela pass? impressive.

this should piss me off, but anything that leads to the further demise of Birtney Spears makes me giggle.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    Indian Village bitch!

HA!

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Did you guys see that story of the kid that got punked for his "G-U NOT" t-shirt in Birmingham by members of G-Unit (during the weekend of the big Shady/Aftermath show last year)? Ay, the stories are true. LMAO

Plaese to post, I haven't heard of this story.

he fuckin??? split with his girl that was two months pregnant with his kid

Is this something I'm supposed to admire?

Jeez...at least act like you know!

Jeez...at least act like you know!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

Just checked this in local culture weekly

Jesus I had no idea who dude was (its not like I heard his 50 track) but these quotes we're intense

M: I gotta ask you about Kevin Federline[/b] ???you???re producing five tracks on his new album, you???re catching a lot of heat for that online.

DD: I don???t give a fuck. I went to the University of Michigan, got a bachelor???s in business marketing and corporate strategy, you know? It???s all about number of impressions, man. When I reply to keep those threads going, and let people think I care, it???s just to keep it at the top of the page. It???s all fucking marketing, dude. I have a guaranteed five songs on that album, that???s gonna be worth so much money, dude. Not only that, some of his shit???s really good. He???s working with Game now, all the Black Wall Street dudes, he???s got mad co-signs gong on, you guys don???t know anything about Federline. Federline is the ultimate pimp, he???s the number-one pimp in the world. Anyone that talks shit about him is just fuckin??? jealous, ???cause look, he fuckin??? split with his girl that was two months pregnant with his kid, to fuckin??? go off on tour with Britney Spears, made her fall in love with him, fuckin??? like, made her propose to him, video-taped the whole damn thing, got her to pay for the engagement ring, got married, sold the damn tape with her to MTV, made 30 per cent of the money, and got her pregnant. He???s the most talked-about man in the paparazzi. So dude, that dude is absolutely brilliant. Whether he can rap or not, you gotta respect that dude. [/b]

DD: You see what I???m saying, though? It???s the same shit, now that I live there. For me, it???s no stress to do a song like ???Ski Mask Way??? ???cause I was living in a grimy-ass basement with no natural light, and rats chewing holes in the ceiling and shit. It wasn???t a stretch, emotionally. Of course, now I???m living in a pimp-ass sixth-floor place. Then there???s the baile funk stuff ???cause, fuck, you know, I just spent two weeks running around the favelas in Rio, shooting two music videos and an EPK documentary, with more fuckin??? machine guns and grenades than I seen in my fuckin??? life. [/b]

M: Sounds pretty safe.

DD: At this point, I???m already so down with these guys [rambles on in Portuguese again]. Dude , two of the biggest funk artists made a song about me called ???Gringo Luoco,??? about how I go into the hood with no bulletproofing and everyone respects me.[/b] Shit, I ran around Detroit since I was 15, I ran around Kingston. I mean, dude, I???m bipolar, I tried to commit suicide twice, like, I???m not scared of anything, know what I???m sayin???? I don???t give a fuck, dude???to me, life???s a big video game.

Kid's got an attitude, I wonder if he produced Popo zaow...the Game and Kfed

The guy also hates on message boards and gets into arguments with detractors to get his name out there

This is the funniest thing i've read in awhile

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

Plaese to post, I haven't heard of this story.
    All I can find is this hackneyed interview from the kid that was in the incident:

http://detroitraw.com/mambo/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=65&topic=19.0

There was local press on this story, but I can't seem to find it. Damn!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    One album cut off the 50 record with an ojays sample.

Not bad. But pretty much the definition of

What the hell else does this guy do other than make beats for k-fed?

Isnt he like a techno dj or something?

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    He makes "ghettotech" ala DJ Assault, DJ Godfather etc

Has a banging remix of an Eightball and MJG track, have the 12", can't think of the title right now

I love how "living in Detroit" is the ultimate hood pass if you're caucasian.

I still haven't got mine yet, I wonder if there is a city bureau I should write or call about it?

---

• Options
    He makes "ghettotech" ala DJ Assault, DJ Godfather etc

And when he djs he incorporates a lot of hiphop tricks which not a lot of tech djs do. I think he's got some battle wins on his resume as a hiphop dj somewhere along the line. D is managed by my ex-girls old company MCT, I met him a couple times and he's cool as shit. If you can tolerate ghettotech (which I know a lot of you can't, no big deal), that cd pictured at the top of the thread is dope.