HOT OR NOT: Grown Man in Pub(l)ic Pool

Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Im gearing up for summer and in the park across the street there is a gigantic public pool. Am i delluding myself to think that I'll use that pool? Are they really as bad as i think? If I was 12, no problem, but 26 it may seem strange.

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I don't think there's anything weird about it... but you may have a hard time attaining peace if there's a bunch of kids around...

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Im gearing up for summer and in the park across the street there is a gigantic public pool. Am i delluding myself to think that I'll use that pool? Are they really as bad as i think? If I was 12, no problem, but 26 it may seem strange.

why would it be strange?

• I don't think it's strange, but I wouldn't call it "hot"

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    last time I went to a public pool (I took my younger sister) I got hassled by a gang of 10 year old boys. They told me that my shaggy Beatles style hairdo made my head look like a penis and called me "hippy".

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    last time I posted on SoulStrut[/b] I got hassled by a gang of 10 year old boys. They told me that my shaggy Beatles style hairdo made my head look like a penis and called me "hippy".

• I use the public pools often in SF.

I depends what you want to use it for. If you want to use it to clown around, play tag with your friends, or play waterbasketball, you may look foolish.

The pools here have hours alotted for rec swim and lap swim. I go to lap swim where I swim...laps. People just straight up swim freestyle, breast, backstroke, and maybe butterfly. Some people use kick boards and what not. Three lanes. Fast, medium, slow.

I've been to rec swim by accident. There weren't many people there. A few kids in one lane were splashing each other. There were a few parents with their kids. One lane had nobody in it and I swam laps in it. No probs.

I like the public pools in San Francisco. They are very clean especially when you compare them to 24hour fitness. I used 24hour fitness's pool for a year and I have no idea why I didn't get terribly ill. I saw some FUCKED up shit in that pool. Besides it was only 25 ft compared to the 100ft public pools.

I like swimming.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i bet your mom totally called their moms', dogg.

they got madd grounded, dawg.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    it may seem strange.

but why?
    Do you have gremlin-like qualities?

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Most public pools have at least an hour or two a week of adult swim. Contrary to what the name would suggest, at my pool there are no pudgy divorcees looking for action. It's pretty mellow.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    go with a lady friend if you are feeling that it might seem strange.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

they got madd grounded, dawg.

theyre like, so moded, bro.

HELLA

good advice. Those little bastards would have been in awe of me having a chick and I would have instantly been "the kool older guy who gets action" rather than "loner penis headed hippy guy".

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts

I depends what you want to use it for. If you want to use it to clown around, play tag with your friends, or play waterbasketball, you may look foolish.

I like swimming.

thats the thing, I dont wanna swim laps or anything. It just would seem so nice, on those rare hot summer afternoons that you have to yourself, to go cool off in the pool and lounge around with a beer or something. Im worried for three reasons:
    1. Human excrement and disease
    2. Lots of kids plus alone bearded man just zoning out = molester alert
    3. All the kids will steal my swimsuit.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I mean... are you planning to remove it?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

And make sure she is wearing an Escada swimsuit.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

thats the thing, I dont wanna swim laps or anything. It just would seem so nice, on those rare hot summer afternoons that you have to yourself, to go cool off in the pool and lounge around with a beer or something. Im worried for three reasons:
    1. Human excrement and disease
    2. Lots of kids plus alone bearded man just zoning out = molester alert

It sounds like you need to buy a hott tub, dogg!