Minimilist Beat Post (Give me some Zone)

Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
A dreadful monday afternoon. I want to hear those cool 4 bar beats and do some zoning. i encourage you to post one of those little golden nugget beats you just couldn't bring yourself to develop into a song. Go now!http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0R8SLOVO5E5OG19VZRNH9ASBK2

Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    i think every beat i have made the last 4 months has been one of those. happy to post a few when i get home, but it may be too late.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I like yours, it is definitely on some zoning out vibe . It would be cool to bring in other drums on top of what you have going, to bring it to the next level.

here is my most lo-fi beat ever

5 years old... the raw vibe:

roach

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    i think every beat i have made the last 4 months has been one of those. happy to post a few when i get home, but it may be too late.

dude, i always need more zoning. late night works as well.

I like yours, it is definitely on some zoning out vibe . It would be cool to bring in other drums on top of what you have going, to bring it to the next level.

here is my most lo-fi beat ever

5 years old... the raw vibe:

roach

now this is waht Im talking about! More lofi peoples!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I zoned making this...I forgot to edit off the 1st 20 seconds of silence so give it a few.

ash

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    http://s24.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1CYIDHFMU9H081FBBQMF4RNO5K

dont really give a fuck about this beat but you could maybe zone out to it.

come on man, get behind your throwaway. if you're not excited about it, how will I be??

• Martin.. I like that one! Nice

This is just a loop I did a while ago, I was a bit drunk. Found it the other day. I don't think I will keep working on it..

Download

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    I'll play, here's one I did a couple weeks ago. Sunday afternoon, I got the urge to relive 1997 by running out, buying some dollar bin records, and hooking up a loop.

Download

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    I have some stoner beats here are a couple...good shit eveybody

beat1
    beat2

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Heres a Little something i started tonight, probably not gonna keep working on it.
    Dope little vibe tho if your into 3ms or brooklyn Ack

www.myspace.com/stillblazinprod

its called
    untitled on some 3ms steez

• debardebar 215 Posts
    I recently went through 100 or so "beats" from when I first started 5 years ago using a demo version of Fruity Loops & their shitty built in samples. 90% of them straight made me cringe. Here are a couple that hold a special place in my heart if only for nostalgic reasons:

happy - http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0EK9JAXRNETG51ZUCCYWEV1VNK
    pattern - http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3DUVEMAFU5A2Z3QIT82PJ9DL6U

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    www.funkweapons.com/rusty/virginiaslimsbeat1.mp3

This is something I did for some female mc action, pretty minimal.

• this is all my favourite guff. less is more fo sho (although rusty b - that is rubbish!!)

likewise, my short attention span means none of my beats go anywhere; but check some of these out:

pencilface's myspace

"the future" is particularily minimal... (read "lazy")

I'll play, here's one I did a couple weeks ago. Sunday afternoon, I got the urge to relive 1997 by running out, buying some dollar bin records, and hooking up a loop.

Download

NYRE? Is that what that is? I made a track with that, some wishbone ash drums, some groove holmes drums, and a dope leroy hutson sample a couple years back. it came out on this compilation for this crew i used to be in. i'll try and post that up. maybe tonight.

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    this is all my favourite guff. less is more fo sho (although rusty b - that is rubbish!!)

Ouch... really helpful critisizim..

www.funkweapons.com/rusty/Murobo.mp3

How about this then? better

Download

NYRE? Is that what that is? I made a track with that, some wishbone ash drums, some groove holmes drums, and a dope leroy hutson sample a couple years back. it came out on this compilation for this crew i used to be in. i'll try and post that up. maybe tonight.

Yeah, I'd like to hear it! That record is a dollar bin classic, sometimes it's nice to just mess around with simple shit instead of getting all beat-diggery and autistic.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts

Download

Yeah, I'd like to hear it! That record is a dollar bin classic, sometimes it's nice to just mess around with simple shit instead of getting all beat-diggery and autistic.

are those iron butterfly drums? man ive always wanted to use those for some reason, but all copies i see have massive amounts of surface noise. is there a bad press of it or have i just been unlucky? real nice beat!

Download

are those iron butterfly drums? man ive always wanted to use those for some reason, but all copies i see have massive amounts of surface noise. is there a bad press of it or have i just been unlucky? real nice beat!

Umm, I'd have to go check? I digitized and got rid of a lot of my break records a few years ago (no need for three copies of 'Love Beach' in the basement), so I just grabbed something out of that directory. The snare rolls are off the New York Rock'n'Roll Ensemble record. There's some pitched-down maracas over the top too. I was trying to make a mid-90s Mobb Deep kind of thing.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I thought this thread was going to be about this:

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0TT4QEN4TXAS02ZMTZ2GCWLO3T

I generally dont post beats anymore cause my shit doesnt really fit into the whole jazz loops in my bedroom type flavor anymore. But heres one ive been having some difficulty getting a hook on top of.

Y'all know the sample. Lets see if you guys will front on this shit too.

I generally dont post beats anymore cause my shit doesnt really fit into the whole jazz loops in my bedroom type flavor anymore. But heres one ive been having some difficulty getting a hook on top of.

Dude, what are you talking about? Your beats are easily some of the hottest shit on here. Although this one feels a little underdeveloped. Maybe it needs some Prince keyboards or something.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts

so youre trying to hatt on jazz loops in my bedroom type flavour? ive never really seen anyone front on your beatmaking skills... i like it anyways, quality stuff as usual! post up some more for us!

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

Download

im way into this.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

so youre trying to hatt on jazz loops in my bedroom type flavour? ive never really seen anyone front on your beatmaking skills... i like it anyways, quality stuff as usual! post up some more for us!

I really wasnt trying to hatt on anybody, I do feel like alot of my beats are not in a style that suits most soulstrut heads. Most of them are keyboard beats for one thing.

Yeah, I'd like to hear it!

i forgot to up it. i opened up the song, decided it sounded like complete shit, remixed it, and then went and did some other shit without remembering to uplod it. I'll try and do it tonight.

Yeah, I'd like to hear it!

i forgot to up it. i opened up the song, decided it sounded like complete shit, remixed it, and then went and did some other shit without remembering to uplod it. I'll try and do it tonight.

I'd still like to hear it!

I've got a couple hours today, I'll upload another beat or two...

• haha.. so here's some old
    jazz loops in my bedroom type flavor
    shit i made a while back:

myspace.com/residentgiant

Ok here it is in all its glory. not minimalist by any sense of the term, but it uses that same rock ensemble sample. the first half of the song is very different from the second half, so if the first half sounds wack, keep listening. wait for the change. aight enjoy.

http://s27.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3CW2XUJGXL4R22LSSHNWBUTRT2

g b

http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1LNJ6ZRW2CXY22ZKGEMH1I1GMC

here's one more for good measure. this one is more minimal. or at least it didn't take very long to make.