Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

SAYING[/b]

- "Have a good one"

What's wrong with that?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    LISTENING TO[/b]

- can't say I've spent much time with the No Limit catalog lately
    - the usual dreck (Abba, irish tenors, Rush Limbaugh)

DOING FOR MONEY[/b]

- anything where I say "I'm only doing this for the money"

SAYING[/b]

- "I'm her baby-daddy."

READING[/b]

- Zane, etc.

WATCHING[/b]

- Reality television, network news, desperate housewives, Dallas reruns.

EATING[/b]

- Beets
    - Paris Hilton

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

READING[/b]

- Zane, etc.

Don't know what you're missing, there, F**d...S/he is one who has been blessed with the demiurgic power of language, eg, "He was FIONE!"

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

SAYING[/b]

- "Have a good one"

What's wrong with that?

Have a good what? Have a good day? Have a good time? Have a good walk down the street? I just think that it is too informal and vague. I hate when I have just paid for something in a store and as I'm leaving they say "Have a good one!" Maybe it's just me. What's wrong with "Thank you" or "Have a good day?" It sounds like people are confused and they don't know what else to say.

SAYING[/b]

- "Have a good one"

What's wrong with that?

Have a good what? Have a good day? Have a good time? Have a good walk down the street? I just think that it is too informal and vague. I hate when I have just paid for something in a store and as I'm leaving they say "Have a good one!" Maybe it's just me. What's wrong with "Thank you" or "Have a good day?" It sounds like people are confused and they don't know what else to say.

I just assume it means, "Have a good rest of your day." Seems like a fairly innocuous statement, but everyone has their own special "buttons," right?

SAYING[/b]

- "Have a good one"

What's wrong with that?

I just assume it means, "Have a good rest of your day." Seems like a fairly innocuous statement, but everyone has their own special "buttons," right?

Yes, like when I'm traveling for work and the flight attendants call me "honey" or "sweetie." Don't be fooled by the baby face!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

SAYING[/b]

- "Have a good one"

What's wrong with that?

If someone is talking to me, I don't want to have to assume things. Be specific and say what you mean. I think I'm going to do a crunk song and yell on the chorus "Say what you mean, mean what you say!" YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHH!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

SAYING[/b]

- "Have a good one"

What's wrong with that?

This used to bother me BITD but you catch me saying it now...

LISTENING TO[/b]

-Willie Bobo

but Kylie Minogue is "a-okay"?

Listening to [/b]

I mean if you're a dj/"record digger"/club goer, you'll most likey come across some wack shit. So I don't think anyone is really 100% free from not hearing anything bad, but I will say you'll never catch me bumping country music unless it's some old record I got for under 2$ and it had some drum break that I would just chop up...

Eating [/b]

Meat
    Peanuts (i'm deathly allergic)

I'm game for pretty much anything else (Yes even McDonalrd's, my fat ass just ate a meatless Egg McMuffin on Monday)

Wearing [/b]

Super Baggy ass jeans
    Bell Bottoms
    Over the top Guido ass stipped shirts (Stripes are cool, but the've gotten ridiculous and fugly)
    T-Shirts with ironic slogans
    Anything from Rolo (225.00 for a shirt? )
    Highlights in my hair
    name plate belt buckles
    trucker hats
    four fingered rings
    piercings
    Fur
    A hairpiece

Saying [/b]
    "Nigger"/"Nigga" etc
    "yeah, you can play with my butt"
    "Extra Cheese, Please"
    "Can I have a martinni"

SAYING[/b]

- "Have a good one"

What's wrong with that?

If someone is talking to me, I don't want to have to assume things. Be specific and say what you mean. I think I'm going to do a crunk song and yell on the chorus "Say what you mean, mean what you say!" YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Yeah, I get what you're saying, but I use that phrase all the time as a generic goodbye. It's casual and shouldn't require any thought from the recipient. Just like "How are you?" isn't meant to mean "Please tell me everything that's going on right now in your life, whether good or bad."

• Insulin1200Insulin1200 396 Posts
    LISTENING TO[/b]

-hawaiian / luau music

-guy-who-sounds-like-girl "emo?" rock

-ashanti / ciara

-reggaeton

-anticon

-power-country (ala toby keith, etc.)

-christian contemporary

-that damn 90's dance music: ("everybody dance now!")

-summer-style r&b-rap (lil flip's "sunshine")

-that new nelly song

-rob thomas

DOING FOR MONEY[/b]

-see my "listening to", "saying", "reading", "watching", and "eating"

SAYING[/b]

-tippin'

-stoked

-g-g-g-g-unit

-whoop whoop

-jiggy

-"commercial rap" / "fuck jay-z' / "underground for life"

READING[/b]

-Biographies

-Christian Fiction

-Nicholas Sparks

-Oprah books

-Zane

-Child-Abuse stories (David Pelzer)

-Anne Rice

-Erotica

-Gun Magazines

-celebrity tabloids

-Romance

-Car Books

-Athlete books

WATCHING[/b]

-Pretty much any network primetime programming

EATING[/b]

-tounge

-feet

-beak

-snout

-tail

-hoof

-feces

• AaronAaron 977 Posts

"Extra Cheese, Please"

Definitely will hear me saying that.

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
    LISTENING TO[/b]

-Willie Bobo

I know this is rhetorical, but absolutely.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Listening to-

Young Country
    Smooth Jazz
    World Music
    Polka
    Metal
    Emo
    AC/DC
    Dave Matthews
    Tom Jones
    House Music
    Puff Daddy

Doing for Money-
    fastfood
    anything degrading

Saying-

sayin/sayin though
    I'm not really in the mood to look for records today.

Reading-
    Stephen King

Watching-
    Action movies
    soap operas
    American Idol
    most all television, its 90% commercials anyways

Eating-
    meat
    fast food
    yogurt

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    no one on this board will catch me doin any of that stuff. REAL WORLD MOVES

LISTENING TO[/b]

-Willie Bobo

I like that Spanish Grease mix on the first Verve Remixed compilation.

Saying-

sayin/sayin though

YOU'RE ON A SLIPPERY SLOPE MOTHERFUCKER!

LISTENING TO[/b]

-Willie Bobo

Maybe I will do a Kylie mashup with this.

jk

LISTENING TO[/b]

-Willie Bobo

*spitting out water* Verve had Kylie Mingoue remix Willie Bobo's spanish grease?

2). Young Schnips:

You know I'm just joking around with the whole "Kylie Mingoue thing".

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    M***, you are such a nice easy going guy. why so picky/snobby?

Nothing but love for Robert Clivill??s and David Cole.

M***, you are such a nice easy going guy. why so picky/snobby?

Picky/snobby about what? The thread is stuff you don't wanna do/don't like!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    LISTENING TO[/b]

-Soulless versions of songs I associte with soulful artists, ie: "You've Got A Friend"

Can't stand that shit, mang!

can't believe you hate all 90s dance (reprise your dee-lite rant)

can't believe you hate all 90s dance (reprise your dee-lite rant)

I don't have all 90s dance music, just a lot of it. Uh, I don't understand why I can't dislike things

*spitting out water* Verve had Kylie Mingoue remix Willie Bobo's spanish grease?

No, I was just trying to make the point that all Willie Bobo is not bad. Dorfmeister of Kruder and Dorfmeister fame did the remix.

I don't understand why I can't dislike that you dislike things?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    LISTENING TO[/b]

-Soulless versions of songs I associte with soulful artists, ie: "You've Got A Friend"

You mean Donny Hathaway? I like that album mang.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I quite agree on all the crap except "The Amazing Race"...I got hooked on that last season(when the Amazing Racists won) and I have to say, if 'reality TV' has any redemtive qualities, Amazing Race embodies all of them, with only a few of the terrible side effects that the genre spreads all day every day.

I read some story in Essence or Black Enterprise about Chip and Kim. The article was about the strength of their marriage despite the financial hardfalls they experienced (ie, "Chip's broke ass needs to give up on this 'acting' thing and get a J-O-B," then, "We were victims of the dot com bust and shady friends! How are we going to feed our kids?).

This year's winners, the second Black married couple to win, seemed like good people, they actually played hard AND fair, and almost lost because they were BOTH determined to get their cabbie money. None of the remaining teams would have thought twice about bolting on the cabbie. It is interesting on the one show where your peers in the game have no authority or opportunity to vote you off, that Black contestants have done so well(in contrast to almost every Survivor/Big Brother,etc).

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    LISTENING TO[/b]

You mean Donny Hathaway? I like that album mang.

I mean I can't sit in the car with someone who's blasting the James Taylor version.

My disposition is to hear and sing the soulful version. If it's anything other than that I get all tripped up and annoyed. Anybody see American Idol last night? Carrie, Anthony and Bo Bice trying to sing Philly soul tunes? Please!

But I LOVE soul covers of Beatles songs and the like...

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

-"Cause I ain't no hollaback girl"

-"I'm Rick James, bitch!"

Got the college kids goin' nuts.

I can testify that Rick James shit is nowhere near dying down among college kids. I cannot believe it's staying power nor the lack of shame/embarrassment on the part of people still saying it.

And "hollaback girl," that's like the female version.