Slate article on Clipse/Crack Music

1235»

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Can someone summarize this thread in 5 sentences or less for me?

a nazi and a jew get in a fight about crack

A Black and a Nazi walk into a Jewish bar, arguing about black musicians
    with all-white fanbases.

bartender says "why the long backpack"?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Can someone summarize this thread in 5 sentences or less for me?

a nazi and a jew get in a fight about crack

"Ya'll act like crack is so bad"

• From the first post:

This may touch off another Young Jeezian 8-pager

Allright! Page 4, half-way there! C'mon, guys, keep up the momentum! We can do this! I know we can!

You don't read conspiracy theories, yet you come up with them?

i talk to people at work, at home, on the street.. i like to discuss politics, economics, art all that. my theories are based on my perceptions of the government and the media and i'm not claiming that they're original, or ideas that go unspoken. that's why i thought maybe on this here discussion board people could share some of their insight and we could have intelligent discussion. guess not.

my original point is that a lot of this media attention and fixation on crack rap is suspect. come on, these tony montana fantasies are played out. its obvious that this shit is put together, packaged and marketed to 12 year old boys. to me there seems to be a bigger agenda behind it all and the people in power know exactly what they're putting on TV's and why. a lot of these people on tv i wouldn't classify as artists. is jessica simpson an artist? britney? they're just ignorant hoes singing about what people tell them to sing about. a lot of popular hip hop artists today are no better. and that's a shame. i won't support "artists" that promote genocide, greed, just like i don't give my money to mcdonalds, and you won't see me rocking diamonds... but to each his own. i cannot judge, i just wish people would think more.

• Are you from Canada or Eastern Europe? Serious question.

Are you from Canada or Eastern Europe? Serious question.

i'm from eastern europe (former yugoslavia) but i've been living in toronto for the last 11 years. i guess thats why excessive greed bugs me, but i am by no means a communist. my parents worked hard to get away from that shit.

there's lots of ways to control people, some dictatorships are more obvious than others. everytime i hear people say "free world" i wonder what magical place they talking about.

toronto is getting too americanized for my tastes. too much bullshit, mind pollution, ignorance. evryone's getting brainwashed into submission. education's getting worse. i'm only 23 years old. i'm still figuring shit out.

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 i'm only 23 years old. i'm still figuring shit out.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21indeed