What Athlete Would You Like To See A Movie About??

2»

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Best for coverage and history of playground players is Slam Magazine!!

co-sign

I read that article. I love them..long informative..passionate with pictures to boot. I was once a basketball collectro and those editors are true fans and real heads.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    the suburban Julius

Roosevelt, Long Island STAND UP!!!!!

Eddie Murphy too!!

One of my Mother-In-Laws most exciting moments was waiting on Doc at Penny's/Roosevelt Field!!

And of course quite possibly the greatest athlete of all-time is from Long Island!!

• Options

the suburban Julius
    Roosevelt, Long Island STAND UP!!!!!
    Eddie Murphy too!!

One of my Mother-In-Laws most exciting moments was waiting on Doc at Penny's/Roosevelt Field!!

Eddie was once on Phil Donahue's show and mentioned how as a kid they used to cross the bridge over the parkway and steal bicycles from the white boys in Merrick. I live on the block that the bridge leads into and had mine stolen in '87, but I don't think it was Eddie as he was fairly famous at that time.

My best friend growing up, his mom went to high school with Dr. J said he was nice.

And of course quite possibly the greatest athlete of all-time is from Long Island!!

Manhasset STAND THE FUCK UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!!

Good call Rich.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I'd like to see a movie about the 2002 usa olympic hurling....I mean curling team.

• ima say andre "bad moon" rison

you know left eye was a trip.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    ima say andre "bad moon" rison

you know left eye was a trip.

Yea I'd like to see that too.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    This guy:

And this guy:

This guy too:

And this guy deserves a remake:

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The mix of sports heroism and personal dramas =

He's not much of a personality to sell his story. Plus the drug drama thing is so RAY2005...

Co-sign on Jim Brown.............Lacrosse

Artest's story is being written as we speak.

Rodman' story is still too fresh.........its needs to marinate for a decade. He's still in the media.

This cat has a hellafied story that would be Big movie shit...........

All his fighting against aparthied/racism/aids.........

• Lance Armstrong?

Seven Tour wins after beating cancer

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Northern Ireland's answer to Pete Maravich but with an ugly drinking habit.

• I'm a big baseball fan, so...

Ted Williams - obviously a Hall of Famer and arguably the greatest hitter ever, but way misunderstood in his time and hated by the Boston media because he wouldn't play their game. His stats are unreal, and that's with two stints of time off to serve in the military for WWII and Korea. Was such a methodical hitter that he wrote a book on the science of hitting. Hit a home run in the final at-bat of his career. After he died, his son had his body placed in cryonic suspension, reportedly with the head separated from the body.

Josh Gibson - Negro Leagues catcher in the 1920's who supposedly hit over 80 home runs in one season and something like 800 HRs in his career, with a lifetime average of almost .400. Late in his career he suffered a nervous breakdown and had problems with drugs and alcohol. Died at 35, just a few months before Jackie Robinson signed with the Dodgers to end the segregation of major league ball.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts

Dorf had to go through his battles with racism and drug abuse to get where he is today, which incidentally is the discount video tape bin at Big 5. Oh yeah, and the crossdressing rugby player in that one thread

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

There needs to be a movie about JackJohnson and the legislative racism that took place down in the good ole US of A.

this was on PBS this last year!!! it was amazing!!!!!!!!
    that was the fuckin man right there

Amazingly...this is on PBS here in Dallas right now.....it's called "Unforgivable Blackness(The Rise And Fall Of Jack Johnson)"

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Josh Gibson - Negro Leagues catcher in the 1920's who supposedly hit over 80 home runs in one season and something like 800 HRs in his career, with a lifetime average of almost .400. Late in his career he suffered a nervous breakdown and had problems with drugs and alcohol. Died at 35, just a few months before Jackie Robinson signed with the Dodgers to end the segregation of major league ball.

There was actually a made for HBO movie on Josh Gibson, Satchel Page and forgot the other guy. Can't remember the name, but I have it somewhere on VHS. Was actually pretty good. It compared the play in the Negro League at the same time that Jackie Robinson was integrating with the Dodgers.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Somebody really needs to make a good and morally complex film about Ray Lewis. Just a matter of time I think.

And definitely Iron Mike.

OJ?