Hip Hop DVDS?? (must-have related)

BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
hey soulstruters!Anyone have any suggestions for some must have hip hop dvds?? Either good documentaries, video collections, or even some classic turntable stuff??I'm not much of a video collector and lately I'm feeling like I should pick up some more stuff. Preferably multiple-viewings friendly...

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    For Docs, I really liked that VH1 And You Don't Stop.

Some others off the top of my head

A Street History - Hip Hop Documentary
    The Hip Hop Years
    Breakin n Enterin
    The Freshest Kids

I have a ton but can't think of any more right now.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    the style wars dvd was given the proper dvd release. They realy did it up nice and it will get multiple views.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Still one of my all time fav hip hop flicks

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Graffiti Rock has a proper release too with special footage of jazzy jay cuttin it up...

and Wave Twisters definitely needs to be viewed numerous times, that ish is dope....

• '98 DMC U.S. finals... dummy, shortkut, and craze are

• sergserg 682 Posts
    dirty states of america

• dirty states of america

• dirty states of america

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Style Wars
    Wild Style
    Scratch
    Krush Groove
    Up In Smoke Tour
    Deep Crates
    Hood 2 Hood

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Who's The Man?
    Fade To Black
    CHAPPELLE'S BLOCK PARTY IS IN THEATRES THIS WEEK.

• I think one of the best docs I have seen on hip hop in recent years would have to be Hip Hop Immortals. Definitely some of the best editing a hip hop release has ever scene, very informative, not the same old boring bullshit about 4 elements, they talk about all kinds of shit, they even got a segment on footwear. The whole "We got your kids" thing is a little weird, but it's funny to watch the extra footage of people doing the drops. Dope shit, check it out, you'll be happy you did.

• Gang tapes series.

• CHAPPELLE'S BLOCK PARTY IS IN THEATRES THIS WEEK.

For one day only, right? That's what I heard. March 3rd only. What's the point of even trying to go. As if opening day on big movies weren't bad enough...

• -

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Gang tapes series.